• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Favorite Anime "Rapid Punch Attack"?

(WARNING: Large Gifs Ahead)

One of the most iconic cornerstone attacks present in most battle anime.
It goes by many names in many different anime, but one thing is for certain. If you're on the receiving end of one of these flurry punches, you're basically screwed.

What's your favorite one?

Examples:

Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

tumblr_ntvhzrvZj81uw4l7wo1_500.gif

Star Platinum's ORAORAORAORA (mostly every punch-type stand has a variation of this)

1f4843a5df86f2875358f912572b62c245b6bb86_hq.gif

Jet Gatling

monkey_d__luffy_vs_rob_lucci_by_tsotne_senpai-d5th3tl.gif

The Dempsey Roll

sawamura-ippo-demsey-roll.gif

Gotta be ORAORAORAORAORA, mostly because the sound design is one fucking point and makes it sound like rapid fire cannonballs.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well Kenshiro and Fist of the North Star are the grand daddy of them all but Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is full of them form

Jonathon's Sunlight Yellow Overdrive

cb833afe7cb3e2d6bb448867e056257dd13e9012_hq.gif

to Jotaro and Star Platinum's ORAORAORAORAORA

tumblr_n3wjqmw1wi1qj5jqso4_500.gif

to the recreation powers of Josuke's Crazy Diamond

tumblr_o4yyozKWkk1sfay15o2_500.gif

PixelatedBookake

I came in here to say Jet Gatling, but it was in the OP. Trying to think of a Jojo one that isn't a variation of Jotaro's famous ORA ORA ORA. My favorite punch rush would have to be Josuke's DORARARARA

6f6555c562bc203128ed09f7c1169b384a931b78_hq.gif

I love how he can beat the shit out of you and reforms you to become a pillar of rock or a book in a library. A fate worse than death, but it's also funny as hell.

Daingurse

The Jet Gatling Gun that took out Lucci is probably my favorite example. It's a really hype moment.

There's also a training scene in HxH 2011 between Gon and Bisky that I always thought looked pretty neat. I'd post the gif if could, because I liked those flurry of punches quite a bit!

Edit:

tumblr_mznjyxWXIL1rj5192o1_500.gif

Found it lol

Kthulhu

Literally all of them from JoJo.

If I had to pick one, I'd be Joylne's from Part 6.

Minor Part 6 spoiler:

or

Lesson 5 from Part 7

I'm not posting that due to it being way too big of a spoiler. Just Google it if you don't care about spoilers.

Betty

Banned
A character from JOJO part 5 that screams "ARIARIARIARIARIARI!"

I've only seen it animated from the recent game but man did it blow me away.

ORA ORA ORA is the most consistently fun

The moment for Jet Gatling is wonderful (though I kinda wish the general animation for that bit was a bit better)

Consecutive normal punches got a big laugh out of me

It's a tough choice but man, I have to agree on the sound design for the first one of these being wonderfully on point.

Since I don't have anything new to add here's Machamp going crazy
tumblr_nay7vhvGlB1s2fvaso1_500.gif

andymcc

Banned
オラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラオラ

Ponn

Banned
I know ORAORAORAORA is probably the most famous and referenced one but the Dempsey Roll holds a special place in my heart. The way it was introduced halfway through the series, the way the protag came up with the move and the context was just great. ORAORAORA is cool but Dempsey Roll is more visceral and jump out of your seat shouting FUCK YA!-ish.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A Western cartoon but Mace Windu from the original Clone Wars cartoon was also apparently a student of Hakuto no Ken

5203269-crushes+battle+droids.gif

Top Bottom