• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S4 |OT| A Dark Knight - Thursdays 8/7c

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 2 "The Fear Reaper"

Under pressure to prove that the GCPD is still powerful, Gordon attempts to bring in Jonathan Crane. However, Gordon puts himself in a dangerous situation at Arkham when he is forced to fight off lunatics and the demon within himself. Meanwhile, with Barbara’s unexpected return, Selina and Tabitha must consider risks that come with joining her in the weapon business.
- Promo for this week's episode.

Metal B

It is just me or those the accounting guy from Pinguin looks and acts a lot like Arnold Wesker. He is also strangely prominent for somebody, who would just be a throw away guy. Pinguin also said, that the accounting guy was doing all the work and he simply presented the guidelines, which could mean, that he is actually a Mastermind behind it.

The Ventriloquist would fit Gotham very well and could be the main antagonists for Pinguin. Freak vs Freak.

____

"Unexpected"

Breh I knew that shit would
happen as soon as I saw her "death". This is Gotham,
no one dies and you bet your ass fan favorites like her would be dead for long.
I even said in the previous thread I knew she would return lol

Seriously, if you
(or the characters)
didn't see this coming then.....I have a bridge to sell you.

Gorger

I want a full Batman Costume..... this season.

Bruce hasn't even had his bat moment yet, and come to think of it, when is that moment actually gonna come? From my understanding Bruce originally chooses his bat appearance because of his chiroptophobia he got by falling down a well where he became trapped and surrounded by a swarm of bats.

But this version of Bruce does not have any relations with bats whatsoever, at least there has been no references to it from what I can remember. So something must happen in the future that makes him become the Batman. I wonder if they might link it up with Scarecrow and his fear juice somehow. I do think it is time that we get our first developments towards Bruce actually becoming the Batman, and he is nearing the age where he will start his rite of passage.

Theory regarding the reappearance of a certain character in episode 2
Barbara
I have a suspicion she was revived by none other than Ra's Al Ghul via a lazarus pit, which also cured her madness. It also doubles as an explanation as to how she obtained the funds necessary to open up her own armory: Ra's Al Ghul is stepping into Gotham and increasing his influence in it, and when it comes to resources, the Demon Head has near unlimited funds. He will become an increasingly present background character this season, as he spectates Bruce Wayne and watches him train more and more into the hero he will one day become. Early on, Ra's will decide Bruce is his heir.

The Hobo

From my understanding Bruce originally chooses his bat appearance because of his chiroptophobia he got by falling down a well where he became trapped and surrounded by a swarm of bats.

That's something Nolan introduced to the character, as far as I know. In the comics, Bruce is thinking of a way to scare criminals when a bat flies into his study, giving him the idea of dressing like a bat.

oon

Banned
From my understanding Bruce originally chooses his bat appearance because of his chiroptophobia he got by falling down a well where he became trapped and surrounded by a swarm of bats.

batmanhksft.png

For some reason I don't think it will happen this way.

Turin

Banned
Very fun season so far.

That's something Nolan introduced to the character, as far as I know. In the comics, Bruce is thinking of a way to scare criminals when a bat flies into his study, giving him the idea of dressing like a bat.

*shrug* I like the idea that bats frighten Bruce.

Gorger

batmanhksft.png

For some reason I don't think it will happen this way.

Thanks I did not know this. I guess I always assumed there was a much deeper reason to why he chose the bat costume. This doesn't feel very impactful at all. I hope the writers will find a way that feels more meaningful for Gotham's Bruce.

Thanks I did not know this. I guess I always assumed there was a much deeper reason to why he chose the bat costume. This doesn't feel very impactful at all. I hope the writers will find a way that feels more meaningful for Gotham's Bruce.

I mean, that's like the Original Original origin. It's been done differently since then, more like what you describe (and what they'll probably go for)

From Year One, their probably source of inspiration.

Sölf

Another great episode, though I would love it if the season would delve a bit more into horror with Scarecrow and all. So far, it really does not deliver in that regard.

But damn, Ivy. I didn't expect that!

Pachimari

Better episode than last week. The best thing was seeing Kean back in action and with weaponry, but this unplanned shit she got going on with Selina and Tabitha is gonna bite her in the end. Glad Ivy is powering up so we can finally see some actually skills from her. Actor of Jonathan annoys me, and I want them to do different or less stuff with Scarecrow; it’s a boring revenge plot. Bruce’s suit is hideous.

Great episode though!

TokiDoki

Theory regarding the reappearance of a certain character in episode 2
Barbara
I have a suspicion she was revived by none other than Ra's Al Ghul via a lazarus pit, which also cured her madness. It also doubles as an explanation as to how she obtained the funds necessary to open up her own armory: Ra's Al Ghul is stepping into Gotham and increasing his influence in it, and when it comes to resources, the Demon Head has near unlimited funds. He will become an increasingly present background character this season, as he spectates Bruce Wayne and watches him train more and more into the hero he will one day become. Early on, Ra's will decide Bruce is his heir.

Sounds very plausible great theory which seems very likely .

bryanee

Man the first episode was fantastic. We straight up Batman in training now and this Zsasz continues to be my favourite version of the character and straight up one of the best on the show.

Ruruja

Yeah another good ep!

Pertwee's Alfred is so damn good. Wonder if he'll keep up his tradition of laying the smack down on a kid this season.

Man the first episode was fantastic. We straight up Batman in training now and this Zsasz continues to be my favourite version of the character and straight up one of the best on the show.

Yup. I love that we're now into early Batman in training stuff now.

Agreed, it's so great seeing his role expanded so far this season.
Zsasz's reaction to the guns in ep 2 was so good lol.

Bruce's moves when he got up to grab the stuff to do his makeshift flamethrower were pretty sweet. Totally snapped that guy's arm.

"I feel safer already." :D

I love Gotham's Alfred.

He has zero tolerance for anyone's bullshit.

So good! Those are great gifs!

Also love his humor, "that was a lovey leap, positively gazelle like" :D

Yeah me too. This is one of my favorite shows on tv at this point. It's just a lot of fun!

Same here.

mm04

I thought it was cool that they introduced Bruce's ability to size up the situation and plan a course of action when he was captured by the thugs. He's still gotta work on his prep time PRIOR to getting himself into trouble, but it was a nice touch to see him plan his attack and escape.

Khoryos

Conveniently, I started watching this from the start recently, so I'll be up to speed soon.

I feel like this show got treated really badly? I hadn't bothered because everyone said it was terrible, but I'm actually really enjoying it.

Pastry

Banned
I’m watching this in Netflix and just started season 3.

Is Fish a main character going forward? Because if that’s the case, I’m out. I thought the show was done with her and then surprise my least favorite thing about the show is back.

abundant

Is Fish a main character going forward? Because if that’s the case, I’m out. I thought the show was done with her and then surprise my least favorite thing about the show is back.

She plays a part in Season 3, but no, she is not a main character.

Sölf

Conveniently, I started watching this from the start recently, so I'll be up to speed soon.

I feel like this show got treated really badly? I hadn't bothered because everyone said it was terrible, but I'm actually really enjoying it.

To be fair, Season 1 is pretty bad in comparison to Season 2 and onwards.

____

Lots of people shit on the show but never -really- watched it. They saw half of season 1 and gave up on it. Although I enjoyed Season 1, the show got exponentially better as it went on.

Fish is also my most hated character. Luckily, she's not a main character and is not even a thought in most episodes.

Top Bottom