• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S4 |OT| A Dark Knight - Thursdays 8/7c

SeanC

Oh look, two new female characters and one is "crazy" and the other will likely be the next Gordon love interest.

Is this seriously the only way they can write women? There are a couple of exceptions (Selina) but damn...if they keep Lady Falcone at arms length and don't bother with a romantic angle she'd be great, a smart independent woman who is cunning and acts normal, but I don't think they'll show that restraint.

Reeling back on Barb's "crazy" is a nice changeup, though. That was wearing thin. I just still don't know what she adds to the story or plot at this point. Never bought her heel turn in the first place.

Still loving Copplepot, Gordon figuring things out is putting him in a more active instead of re-active role which is nice, not sure about Bruce/Alfred stuff but maybe it's just time to go for it. I hope they manage to do a good thing with Al Ghul, that's a big question mark to go all-in on something with that much fantasy/magic surrounding it. Didn't work for Arrow but Gotham is a little more willing to wear its ridiculousness on its sleeve.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They also introduced that new woman on the GCPD. But we don't know anything about her at this point. Hopefully she stays alive and isn't another Captain Essen.

SeanC

They also introduced that new woman on the GCPD. But we don't know anything about her at this point. Hopefully she stays alive and isn't another Captain Essen.

Oh yeah. Essen was a missed opportunity I felt. Liked that actor too.

Maybe this new detective is the make-good.

Oddduck

I still think they should bring back Renee Montoya and completely reboot the character. The show is completely different now than it was in Season 1.

Even if it means replacing her with a new actress. Daario Naharis was recast on Game of Thrones, and it didn't make a huge difference.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Ben McKenzie wrote next week's episode. This will be his first time writing an episode.

He'll also be directing the sixteenth episode of the season.

I saw the preview and I'm a bit worried. This is the first time for Bruce to potentially have his own plot thread away from Gordon and yet I see Gordon already getting involved in his story line(the knife). It's almost like Ben McKenzie is Triple H-ing his way into this plot line that he has nothing to do with.

If anyone doesn't get the wrestling reference, Triple H was notorious for inserting himself into storylines of other wrestlers who are just hitting their stride/hot streak with fans and he ends up making the story all about himself instead of letting that other wrestler shine on his own. The result is a botched story line, potential not met, and saddened fans who end up hoping it won't happen next time.

I still think they should bring back Renee Montoya and completely reboot the character. The show is completely different now than it was in Season 1.

Even if it means replacing her with a new actress. Daario Naharis was recast on Game of Thrones, and it didn't make a huge difference.

Bring the original back and kill her, introduce her niece(or something) who looks up to her as the actual eventual Renee Montoya.

Sölf

What a great episode, I love the slow transformation of Bruce. Both the actual investigation and of course also his role change. I really hope we will see more of this in the future.

And Ed being completely nuts now is great. I had to laugh at his "Deformed Baby" answer, like, what the actual fuck Ed?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Early Matches "Assure" Malone and Brat-man Begins. That's fun.

Ed and his henchwoman having that conversation about copying a schtick would make it derivative was a nice little meta moment. I thought he was actually gonna have his own Harley Quinn for a moment lol

Zsasz is probably having the most fun on this show. They give him all the best lines. "Nice dress."

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The Riddlet girl I think is in those constipation commercials where she is a personification of an overactive digestive system

Ithil

Is Falcone's daughter allergic to necklines and shirts?

CC9DfY6.jpg

zJ8Ur0e.png

JustinBB7

I saw the preview and I'm a bit worried. This is the first time for Bruce to potentially have his own plot thread away from Gordon and yet I see Gordon already getting involved in his story line(the knife). It's almost like Ben McKenzie is Triple H-ing his way into this plot line that he has nothing to do with.

If anyone doesn't get the wrestling reference, Triple H was notorious for inserting himself into storylines of other wrestlers who are just hitting their stride/hot streak with fans and he ends up making the story all about himself instead of letting that other wrestler shine on his own. The result is a botched story line, potential not met, and saddened fans who end up hoping it won't happen next time.

I mean, isn't the whole idea of this show that Jim is the main character? I doubt he has the power to force himself into storylines.

Luigi87

I really liked all the other plot lines (especially Bruce & Alfred) so everytime Gordon showed up I went "Oh right, he's the main character..."

Oddduck

Before the season began, they said the Season 4 storyline would be
Bruce Wayne getting hunted down by Jim Gordon.

Sölf;251220941 said:
What a great episode, I love the slow transformation of Bruce. Both the actual investigation and of course also his role change. I really hope we will see more of this in the future.

And Ed being completely nuts now is great. I had to laugh at his "Deformed Baby" answer, like, what the actual fuck Ed?

Yeah, what a fantastic episode. I really loved every single moment of the Bruce and Alfred stuff, I hope we continue to see more of this combination of action, investigation, and role playing training with them. Was fucking awesome.

Yeah, that was a surprising twist.

Zsasz is probably having the most fun on this show. They give him all the best lines. "Nice dress."

Yup, lol.

So far this season is pretty good! I'm really like the version of Ras Al Ghul so far.

Also, this Bat + Cat scene was great.

giphy.gif

So good!

Yeah, I really liked the tone for him at the end of the episode.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Here's something that I hope starts soon for Zsaz... When will he start marking his body with the cuts? That's like his whole schtick, yet we got nothing!

____

Here's something that I hope starts soon for Zsaz... When will he start marking his body with the cuts? That's like his whole schtick, yet we got nothing!

Funny I didn’t know much about him so I googled him a few days ago and feel robbed he doesn’t have this yet and it’s already season 4.

According to some random Googling he might have started doing that? Not 100% if this is actually a clip from the show, probably one of those things from season 1 where they just made baby versions of all your favorite Batman characters before becoming its own thing:

maxresdefault.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
According to some random Googling he might have started doing that? Not 100% if this is actually a clip from the show, probably one of those things from season 1 where they just made baby versions of all your favorite Batman characters before becoming its own thing:

maxresdefault.jpg
Huh, weird. I don't remember that at all.

Jag

I think the actor is fantastic. His delivery and zingers are great. I get the impression that they are letting him kind of run with the character since he's not one of the leads.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 4 "The Demon's Head" (Written by Ben McKenzie)

Bruce Wayne puts the lives of Gotham Natural History Museum historian Niles Winthrop (guest star Dakin Matthews) and his grandson, Alex (guest-star Benjamin Stockholm), in danger in an attempt to uncover the meaning behind his prized knife from the auction. Meanwhile, Ra’s Al Ghul (Alexander Siddig) proves he’ll take deadly measures to achieve what he wants. Also, with Sofia Falcone (Crystal Reed) in town, she is on a mission to win back Gotham from Penguin.
- Promo for this week's episode.

Symphonia

Banned
I hope Riddler gets his intelligence back. He, to me, is the star of the show. I like Penguin but Ed always stole whatever scene he was in.

Pachimari

Got around to last week's episode before tonight's one and I gotta say I am enjoying Gotham a hell of a lot. I might even enjoy it more than S1-3 so far, just because there's so many new things in motion.

The intro with Rha's 200 AD was beautifully shot, and so was the Falconer's place looking to the beach. Hell, I'm digging Sofia as well and would like to see what she can manage in Gotham. A much colder and harsher place for sure.

Is Myrtle Jenkins from the comics? She's so fun being this super fan, calling herself Ridlette and putting question marks in the soup. And I'm so glad Riddler is back already, or somewhat back, as he along with Barbara have been my favorite villains since the start.

I really liked Selina's mask and outfit and her getting to do work as a third, as well as when Bruce suits up and curiosity gets him to work. Might this episode even be one of David Mazouz's better performances, I liked how he was this innocent kid looking for his uncle, and a spoiled best at the auction, assuming different roles. Really well done.

I do honestly fear for Barbara's life this season though. I feel like she is on borrowed time and sooner or later Rha's will want to get rid of her.

^
LOL.

Also, DAMN Ra's had no chill. Just snapped his neck.

Interesting he'd heard of him.
Neat, I totally forgot he was once called "The Demon's Head" in BTAS and that that's the translation of his name.

Edit: Bruce followed haha :D

ROFL Ed

Hahahaha Zsasz head bobbing.
And then going right to "we should torture them".

Edit:
Damn, that surprise leap with that creepy noise actually made me jump lol.
Nice swing with the book Bruce!

Ra's with that swag as he comes into the GCPD.
Damn, it bit him

Top Bottom