• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S4 |OT| A Dark Knight - Thursdays 8/7c

I'm usually at college at this time but class got canceled, so this was the first episode I watched of this season. It's nice to see them cast an actually middle eastern person as Ra's al Ghul.

Oddduck

This season is really shaping up to be something special. Ben McKenzie did a great job writing this episode.

Here's another review from Den of Geek:

"The Demon's Head" is an example of what Gotham is capable of when it's firing on all cylinders. Tonight's episode, written by series star Ben McKenzie, has a tightness often missing from Gotham and from network TV in general.

Paired with the kind of impeccable production values we've come to expect from this show and a killer performance from Alexander Siddig as R'as al Ghul, and you easily have the best episode of the season and one of the best episodes of Gotham ever, full stop.

Paganmoon

The little I've seen of Zsasz, (and only really "knowing" of the character from the Arkham games), man this character has no right being so charismatic, actually sort of liking the guy. I keep having to remind myself this is basically a crazy sociopathic and downright scary character. But damnit the actor is doing one fine job with him.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Not a bad episode, especially with Ben writing. It was actually well directed too now that I think about it. Kept itself focused on a mystery and then thriller-like chase.

The Riddler & Penguin faceoffs are where my mind starts to wander. It's the same cycle of nonsense.

Sir Doom

Riddler is back already. Sigh
I wished they benched him and have new characters to breathe .

Bruce and Alfred auction was great. I like bratty Bruce

Ruruja

The new detective lady is called Barbara right? Guess that's who Jim ends up with.

Best moment was Zsasz feeling the groove.

TgaxyHP.gif

Zsasz is the MVP so far this season. Love that guy.

So now that Jim is sleeping with Falcone, it will be fun when Lee comes back and says "I love you Ji.....YOU'RE BANGIN' MY SISTER IN LAW!?!?!"

Sölf

Another good episode. And man, Ras is so damn good. So much better than the Arrow version, hot damn.

And Zsasz continues to be MVP.

All aboard the Zsasz train. Heck, the man even makes his lack of eyebrows work.

Series is off to a great start, I'm a little worried about how they handle Grundy but I'm still looking forward to his debut.

____

All aboard the Zsasz train. Heck, the man even makes his lack of eyebrows work.

Series is off to a great start, I'm a little worried about how they handle Grundy but I'm still looking forward to his debut.

I actually googled the actor and he has Alopecia which is a condition that fosters complete hair loss. He makes it work. Like crazy.

I said it before but the Flash completely wasted that guy in the show's second episode.

I'm really glad now that Arrow didn't get Alexander Siddig even though he was one of my picks.

Misha

Banned
The new detective lady is called Barbara right? Guess that's who Jim ends up with.

Best moment was Zsasz feeling the groove.

She's Detective Harper http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5309076/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

Zsasz has been killing it. Probably not as much as he'd like tho

Ive actually been finding myself looking forward to the stuff Bruce does. He gets more interesting the less he's a passenger and the more he can drive plot on his own imo

Yeah, fantastic episode. Once again the Bruce and Alfred stuff was glorious this week.

We still need a gif of Alfred decking Ra's in Gordon's office lol.

Yeah, he's doing a great Ra's and also his scene with Gordon was really fun.

See, this is what I'm talking about. Zsasz a horrible person. I shouldn't be liking and laughing at his antics.

Yep lol.
His head bobbing to the rap got me good lol. In addition to Ed hiring those two to rap his message as well in the first place lol.

Bruce and Alfred auction was great. I like bratty Bruce

So good. His persona at the boat earlier in that ep was great too.
tumblr_oxeacq6TpT1rp74xfo3_540.gif

:D

Watched the new episode a little bit earlier, Penguin's reaction to Riddler's second clue SLAYED me. And Ben McKenzie wrote this one? Damn. Dude's a legit triple threat at this point.

Symphonia

Banned
Another great episode. I laughed at the rap scene, totally unexpected, but genuinely felt sorry for Ed. I really hope he gets his IQ back.

Slaythe

Outside of the insignificant deaths and the status quo making the obvious characters safe, that still, to this day, hurt the show, this season has been a lot better in tone and delivery.

Bruce in particular has really shaped up better than I'm sure they had hoped for.

I think they would do Jim a favor if they dropped the bad plots to focus on the detective side because they're competent with it.

Would be a shame to cancel it now.

Sir Doom

Ra's whipped by Barb this is the Demon's Head.
OMG that Riddler Rap 😂 Zsaz

Anubis more like Wildchild and Sabertooth

Catching up on last week, this part killed me:

Oswald: I want Victor to freeze him again.

Zsasz: Huh?

Oswald: Not you. The other Victor.

Zsasz has been a treasure this season.

This show is just so good right now. Never a dull moment in the last episode

Pretty surprised at seeing Bruce lie to the kid and then later let him die though. I'm glad the show is allowing him to make a big moral mistake like that rather than keep him stuck as mini Batman so early in his youth

Zsasz has been such a good henchman too haha. I hope he doesn't go anytime soon

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 5 "The Blade's Path"

Nygma comes face-to-face with Butch Gilzean, but he is not who he used to be. In an attempt to regain power and identity, Nygma decides to put his former partner’s skills to the test. Meanwhile, Sofia Falcone takes action to protect her own life by appealing to Penguin’s vulnerable side. With the power of the dagger in his possession, Bruce surprises those around him with his bold action.
- Promo for this week's episode.

I feel like I missed something with the Ra's al Ghul's origin flashback scene:

Who was the guy that revived Ra's al Ghul and why he gave him a knife just like that?

I know a bit of the character, but now it seems like Ra's al Ghul is the tool of someone else in Gotham.

What the hell?

DrBo42

I feel like this show could be run long enough to actually end with Bruce becoming Batman. Still seems to have good traction with viewers.

Top Bottom