• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgamer1

Are there portable chargers accessories or stuff like that ? Or can you replace the battery on the fly ?

You can use a portable battery pack to charge on the go.

Testing showed someone with a 10,000mAh battery gave them around 7 hours of playtime.

marrec

Banned
Everyone getting theirs early and mine is sitting at my Best Buy locked away until tomorrow.

Really close to taking tomorrow off of work.

Amazon says tomorrow, UPS says Monday. Hm.

On the upside, if UPS doesn't come through until Monday, you can complain and probably get some Amazon credit.

Everyone getting theirs early and mine is sitting at my Best Buy locked away until tomorrow.

Really close to taking tomorrow off of work.

Ha, that's what I did. Though I do plan on picking mine up at midnight, getting the update going, and going to bed so I can get up early on play.

Slaythe

I ordered one. Should get there on monday.

I have 0 interest in any other game announced currently, hurts to be a Zelda fanboy.
>_>

jyoung188

Took tomorrow off to be home when my console arrives from best buy. Got Zelda coming in from Amazon and a pro controller preordered for pickup from GameStop. I'm hyped, this is going to be a fun 3 day weekend.

JavyOO7

Pumped for Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight, and the other wonderful indie games coming soon. May get Bomberman if it drops in price one day. =p

Yagami_Sama

I do regret not buying a Japanese Nintendo Switch.

I am looking forward to play mine when it arrives here, luckily in 10 days

:/

Target just sent me notification that my order has shipped. It says it will arrive by SATURDAY. If it doesn't come until Saturday, I will be very irritated. I paid $30 for release-day delivery.

Zelda says it's now coming today via UPS surepost. Don't know how that happened. Master Edition.

Switch is preparing for shipment. Looks like I'll be getting Zelda today. Now if only I had the system today haha.

random25

I have planned a long weekend vacation just to play Zelda. Don't let me down, retailer. You're making me nervous lol.

Can someone clarify something about the Switch eShop and buying eShop cards from a store? I saw that the balance on your account will carry over, but can you buy a card in a store and redeem it directly on the Switch or do you have to jump through some hoops, like redeem it through the website or on my Wii U first before I'll see those funds on the Switch?

All of my amazon orders saying delivery tomorrow before 8- still prepping for shipment. Thats impressive speed to get it from KY to Upstate NY in less than 24 hrs.

JavyOO7

Can someone clarify something about the Switch eShop and buying eShop cards from a store? I saw that the balance on your account will carry over, but can you buy a card in a store and redeem it directly on the Switch or do you have to jump through some hoops, like redeem it through the website or on my Wii U first before I'll see those funds on the Switch?

It seems like it uses the same code format as 3DS/WiiU (input 16 chars)

https://youtu.be/2zODBTRF-78?t=2m26s

Slaythe

A few questions since I basically kept in the dark for this.

1) how do you protect the screen ?

2) does it come with a film screen or you have to buy one ?

3) how do you transport it ? Do you have to buy a separate thing or it has something that comes with it ?

Thanks.

Bought this mostly to play on the train and stuff :) .

It seems like it uses the same code format as 3DS/WiiU (input 16 chars)

https://youtu.be/2zODBTRF-78?t=2m26s

Sweet, thanks!

3) how do you transport it ? Do you have to buy a separate thing or it has something that comes with it ?

Thanks.

1) Put a screen protector on

2) You need to buy it separately

3) People are buying cases to hold it.

RootCause

Thanks.

You can use a screen protector, or get a hybrid cover.
PowerA-Nintendo-Switch-Hybrid-case.jpg

You have to buy one.

Case sold separately too. I recommend hori, or rds for better protection.

Yeah, to reinforce what someone said earlier the wifi seems subpar. Its generally weak which is further impeded by it not being great about switching to the strongest network particularly when transparent repeaters are involved.

Even under optimal conditions (right above my modem) the 5G connection doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near max download from my 100 Mbps connection (it took well over 30 minutes to download Disgaea 5).

ekim

Yeah, to reinforce what someone said earlier the wifi seems subpar. Its generally weak which is further impeded by it not being great about switching to the strongest network particularly when transparent repeaters are involved.

Even under optimal conditions (right above my modem) the 5G connection doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near max download from my 100 Mbps connection (it took well over 30 minutes to download Disgaea 5).

I only get full reception when I'm next to the router. It's a bit weird.

T.O.P

Banned
You can use a screen protector, or get a hybrid cover.

You have to buy one.

Case sold separately too. I recommend hori, or rds for better protection.
The hell, I searched hard for those but there was no signs of em in Italians stores, shit I might have to import one, link pls?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I did a sneaky and walked into Gamestop today, without a pre-order, and picked up a Switch.

Midnight launch stock for walk-ins/non-preorders as I understand it that they were selling early.

Target just sent me notification that my order has shipped. It says it will arrive by SATURDAY. If it doesn't come until Saturday, I will be very irritated. I paid $30 for release-day delivery.

I think Nintendo is being slow getting these out to some places. Our distro still doesn't even have their consoles in stock yet, though it's received games and some accessories.

DavidDesu

Anyone know if accessory makers are going to utilise the rails to help add stuff on. Thinking battery packs initially. They could slide onto the Switch rails and have rails themselves to let you slip the controllers back on...

If not I want to patent that idea ;)

Slaythe

Thanks for the replies, I saw nintendo was selling their own stuff "accessories for switch" so I just bought that.

It's a case I think and a screen protector.

deleted

Thanks for the replies, I saw nintendo was selling their own stuff "accessories for switch" so I just bought that.

It's a case I think and a screen protector.

Yep, I bought that. It's okay I guess, didn't try the protector yet. You have a stand in there you can use and a place for the joycon l and r rails and some games.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Can you use the existing eshop money cards to add money to your account for the Switch eshop?

Now that some are getting theirs, can people please get together and test whether Nintendo Accounts can exist on more than one Switch at once. Please? The long quest for a modern account system from Nintendo needs to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom