• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever feel there's too many games in a franchise that you can't jump in anywhere?

Nanashrew

Banned
Sorry, I didnt read the start of that conversation thread.

None of the Fire Emblems were officially numbered, and most generations had a sequel/prequel/concurrent story. I agree that none are really spinoffs.

I'll admit, I forgot the multiverse stuff, and just remembered about the time stuff up until Cerium made that post. Sort of heat of the moment, I guess. I apologize too.

Nanashrew

Banned
I didn't mean to muck up the thread.

But another good Fire Emblem was the GBA title. It's personal bias on my part as it was my first Fire Emblem game. Excellent sprite animation, good maps, good characters, and so on. Also Hector.

OmegaDL50

There are like 3 billion Neptunia games with different versions and the first game somehow doesn't even seem to be part of the canon anymore. Not confusing at all...

The ReBirth trilogy are effectively remakes of Neptunia 1, 2, and 3, which pretty much have the same story as the games they replaced.

Storyline wise in terms of actual canonical timeline, it's simply the three ReBirth games and Megadimension Neptunia V-II. Everything else is a side game or spin off that is entirely optional if you are only interested in the main games.

Opa-Pa

I always play them in release order unless it really, really, REALLY doesn't matter. With stuff like FE I try to find some middle ground, it can't be the latest game because it'll likely have refined mechanics that will ruin older titles, but it doesn't have to be the first game either. Works for me for the most part.

I remember being in your same situation years ago until Awakening happened.

Top Bottom