• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yayyyy .. Time to do my US Taxes.

How much will I owe!?!

ugh. last year, because I wanted to keep the option of perhaps going back to the US, I put in a return through turbo tax online, but because I wasn't in the US, I had to send in a physical copy and pay online, and then they got back to me and said I owed more money which I paid to avoid having issues with them later. Basically, if you have permanent residency and want to remain a "US person" you need to put in a tax return each year otherwise you lose it. This year, I've decided I'm happier in the UK so I let my green card lapse and the IRS can go whistle.

Also, no tax-free threshold at all in the US is terribad.

Godspeed, Darren.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
DEADMAN

Nuriootpa foodland is the only place I have found original anything except the chicken crimpies.

IPn6Mgc.jpg

I bought 3 boxes of bbq. Opened one to test. Yep definitely the original flavour.

And for Mr Ozzy Onya A2Z

ls7WiUB.jpg

My beautiful bloodied foot

Darren870

ugh. last year, because I wanted to keep the option of perhaps going back to the US, I put in a return through turbo tax online, but because I wasn't in the US, I had to send in a physical copy and pay online, and then they got back to me and said I owed more money which I paid to avoid having issues with them later. Basically, if you have permanent residency and want to remain a "US person" you need to put in a tax return each year otherwise you lose it. This year, I've decided I'm happier in the UK so I let my green card lapse and the IRS can go whistle.

Also, no tax-free threshold at all in the US is terribad.

Godspeed, Darren.

Its a pain in the fucking ass. Seriously, why do I need to do all this if I haven't been to the US in 3 years, nor earned a cent over there. Plus also listing all my bank accounts. You know who the only other country that makes you pay tax on world wide income for non residents is? Eritrea.... Thats right US...you are on the same levels as Eritrea.

Fucking cunts.

/winge

I've never earned enough to have to do it :(

You're still suppose to do it, even if you are under the tax free threshold.
You also are suppose to report your bank accounts if you hold more then $10k USD.

Nice Zelda tattoo, I like the hearts as a tat.

Also Darren it's kinda worth the hassle now, my dad (now retired) still gets social security all these years later after living in NY/LA. Literally easy money if you worked over there for more than 3 years I think. He hasn't worked in USA for decades.

Darren870

Yea. They just seem to make it and more complicated each year. I wind up paying my US account more then what I pay...or if I pay in tax.

I'm just trying to be a good citizen :D I know quite a few Americans that don't even care.

MoonGred

Way too late to the party for this, but the witches 3 performance is really strange.

Running a 980ti and a 4690k with 16gb RAM @ ultra wide and for the life of me can't get more than 49fps, I've turned all the settings down to low and it's exactly the same as everything on ultra, 99% gpu usage and 60% cpu.
I'm running Gsync so it's manageable but really does my head in.

Dead Man

You're still suppose to do it, even if you are under the tax free threshold.
You also are suppose to report your bank accounts if you hold more then $10k USD.

I thought it was only if you earned over 50k US.

DEADMAN

Nuriootpa foodland is the only place I have found original anything except the chicken crimpies.

IPn6Mgc.jpg

I bought 3 boxes of bbq. Opened one to test. Yep definitely the original flavour.

And for Mr Ozzy Onya A2Z

ls7WiUB.jpg

My beautiful bloodied foot
Fuck. Nice foot art though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
4 boxes of OG pizza shapes bought. Time to store them with starcraft 64, 3 Cartons of Duff Beer and the unboxed amiibos.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think I'm going to ration them out until their expiration as birthday presents.

Really be the best fucking present giver ever.

dity

Oh boy, I had a huge day. Drove out to Penrith and my partner bought me a bunny rabbit from an enthusiast breeder as a birthday* present!!! Three hour round trip. Got a hutch and supplies with him. His name is Beans.

Just spent an hour putting the hutch together and now we're both pooped at Outback Steakhouse. Still got some loungeroom re-arranging to go but man is the bunny cute. He's a mini-lop.

*birthday is next week

Rizzi

Oh boy, I had a huge day. Drove out to Penrith and my partner bought me a bunny rabbit from an enthusiast breeder as a birthday* present!!! Three hour round trip. Got a hutch and supplies with him. His name is Beans.

Just spent an hour putting the hutch together and now we're both pooped at Outback Steakhouse. Still got some loungeroom re-arranging to go but man is the bunny cute. He's a mini-lop.

*birthday is next week

How did you not post pictures? I wanna see the cute bunny!

ABC News 24 is showing a repeat of last week's episode of Planet America unintentionally!

*birthday is next week
Happy birthweek for next week. :)

Here is my dog.
0byjqOL.jpg

Congrats, first house? Keep up with it and the appreciation will provide equity or long term a retirement nest egg.
Yup first one! Just want to have a home rather than a house. Do what we want. Get comfortable, etc.

Congrats man. There are good sides and bad sides, but it's nice to have that sense of permanency.
Thanks Fred!

This will be me in a few months. Also not Melbourne. Woo being an adult!
Woo crippling debt hanging over our heads!

Congratulations! Whereabouts is it?
Warrnambool of course! I hate this town but oh well. Pays the bills and #1 is settled :(

Congrats Rep!

Congratulations!
Did you spot it on Ozbargain?
Nah I actually paid more than I first hoped, was worried we would miss out so we offered exactly the amount they wanted lol

Asked buddy, as far as he knows you're shit out of luck mate (at the retail store level). Did you try their head office?
All good! I bitched on Twitter and they fixed it all up pronto, exactly as I wanted. Big thumbs up from me :)

Wow, no mid-tier edition? Square leaving money on the table right there. Stupid.

Quarters will be reduced to 15 minutes with no time-on, there will be 16-players-a-side and 'last touch', 'high density' and 'protected area' rules will be introduced in seven rounds of AFL-sanctioned test games to be played in the Northern Territory from May 14.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-unveiled-20160426-gofrfr.html#ixzz47ByQoebT
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Hmmm.
vHOMb7F.gif

It's awesome timing with the recent talk about how geoblocking should be stopped.

Supply and demand! I downloaded season 5 of Bob's Burgers for the wife & I to watch since Netflix only had 1 to 4. We only got a a few eps in before Netflix uploaded season 5 so we started streaming the rest of the season on Netflix despite having them downloaded! Consumers will almost always use the easiest, most simple solution even if they have to pay for it!!!

that's a good read.

Its weird when Foxtel is co-owned (eventually) by Murdoch as is Sky TV, who show GoT here. I was able to watch on Now TV, which you can either get as a monthly sub (about the same as Netflix in Aus) to watch on your PC, mobile or streaming device (I watched it on Apple TV) or buy a rebranded Roku box as a Now TV box (which area most being given away with the sub). The way they do it, you can get the subs for movies, entertainment and sport separately so I just got the entertainment sub with a 3 month card from the supermarkt which gets me GoT, Silicon Valley and a few other things like Vinyl, Alan Partridge. And I can cancel it online, not a phonecall like Foxtel still insists you do. Its still 720p but it looks pretty good compared to what I remembered with Foxtel Go's sheer awfulness.

I'm also reminded of how awful ABC iview looks airplayed from my phone to APple TV compared to BBC iPlayer app on the same device.

gonna post some cat pics when I get home. for balance.

Garage sales are funny. I sit here for ages and nobody comes by, then I suddenly get three or four customers all at once. They also buy the most random things. One guy walked away with a stack of ten Terry Pratchett books and a bike pump.

If anyone is in the Springfield Lakes area and interested in looking through my stuff, let me know and I'll PM you the address.

I used to feel the same way, but the fact is that I hadn't reread any of his stuff in years. I treated them like a roller coaster ride - good as an experience but ultimately only able to be fully experienced once.

He was an amazing writer, always witty, hia characters insightful and biting, but his plots meandered all over the place and were full of random turns and near textbook deus ex machina events. Once you had digested his message and chuckled at the jokes, there wasn't much to pull you back in.

My choice was to either hold on to them and have them take up precious shelf space or to pay it forward and let someone else enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom