• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally want better fireballs, better v reversals, better walkspeed, and to buff some normals (make them less stubby or make them better anti airs). I still think jumping is slightly more viable in SFV than past SF titles with the exception of SF3 as that had an air parry.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, if a Laura just mixes up jumps, overheads, sweeps and dashes, I cannot beat her. They don't need to do anything else. If I punish a sweep or a jump I get 90 damage or whatever, but she needs just one to start her offense and win the round.
Most frustrating match-up in the game by far.

ElFly

not my day

tried some guile in casual, lost every single match, maybe won three rounds

back to gief, got some wins but still lost a lot, including against Akuma! that should not happen

Yeah, if a Laura just mixes up jumps, overheads, sweeps and dashes, I cannot beat her. They don't need to do anything else. If I punish a sweep or a jump I get 90 damage or whatever, but she needs just one to start her offense and win the round.
Most frustrating match-up in the game by far.

oh yeah, a dhalsim perfected my gief. the other round I got a couple of hits in but that was it

New002

This...

Most online Guile DO NOTHING, they go full TURTLE and make you come to them, rarely do i see an aggressive Guile's....

I play Guile and at my level (silver leagues) the most frustrating matches for me are Laura, (sometimes it feels like it's never my turn), Zangief (putting in a lot of work chipping away only to lose so much off of one error suuucks), and a solid FANG (I don't see the character enough and everything looks/feels safe to me right now even though it's not).

not my day

tried some guile in casual, lost every single match, maybe won three rounds

back to gief, got some wins but still lost a lot, including against Akuma! that should not happen

oh yeah, a dhalsim perfected my gief. the other round I got a couple of hits in but that was it

Sim being able to recover fast enough for a jab aa after preemptively jumping over a st.mp/mk is stupid.

For Nash. Guile really isn't a threat for him.

mbpm1

Yeah, I think Guile and Balrog are about the ideal level of strength that every character should shoot for. The issue with Season 2 doesn't seem to be what characters are really good but rather some characters got nerfed that probably shouldn't have been (FANG, Nash, Alex).

Guile is exactly the type of strong i'd like to see. Options, damage, but not the level of 50/50s that they emphasize with laura, mika, urien

Guile is exactly the type of strong i'd like to see. Options, damage, but not the level of 50/50s that they emphasize with laura, mika, urien
Well 50/50's are fine if you have more defensive options/escape options. SFV is lacking in a lot of that. Game punishes you for blocking with grey damage that doesnt recover fast now...

Neoxon

FhTbKZ9.gif
Ms. Marvel gives me life. She's almost literally a ray of sunshine.

Ms. Marvel for MvCI!

Shackzam

I got on that eventhubs results list with the sf5 team tourney at frosty faustings. Every team had a Laura on it. It was the most annoying shit to deal with lol.

ElFly

Sim being able to recover fast enough for a jab aa after preemptively jumping over a st.mp/mk is stupid.

For Nash. Guile really isn't a threat for him.

could he do that in S1?

v-league has dhalsim as the winningest on top 10000 so I guess the buffs were more than enough for him

of course the top 100 tierlist has him at 4.9 overall which is somewhat bad but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom