• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid Tracer: Classic Skin Edition announced

Even as someone who likes and owns several Funko Pop figures, I've seen better paint jobs on Japanese toys that are smaller than my thumb for less money than a Pop. The quality control is atrocious on them for how much they cost.

Also I have yet to see any Funko Pops for $10 or less anywhere. Amazon, Target, and Hot Topic are all around $12, the larger scale Pops are $15-20, and the Funko Pop Rides are $35+.

For ~$40 you get a figure that actually looks like the character it's representing, (though to be fair to Pops, some characters translate much better to the style than others) has insane attention to detail and high quality parts and paints, multiple accessories, hands, and faces, and a posable stand. And, in addition to the incredible quality, you can also actually pose Nendoroids unlike their Funko counterparts.

So even though they're smaller than Funko Pops, if you give any kind of a shit about what your figures actually looks like for your money, Nendoroids are well worth the money. Especially since sites like AmiAmi constantly offer them at well below MSRP.

After they make the good characters

O:

tumblr_mo5iu1JrgH1s8xebro1_400.gif

Fight me irl.

Even as someone who likes and owns several Funko Pop figures, I've seen better paint jobs on Japanese toys that are smaller than my thumb for less money than a Pop. The quality control is atrocious on them for how much they cost.

Also I have yet to see any Funko Pops for $10 or less anywhere. Amazon, Target, and Hot Topic are all around $12, the larger scale Pops are $15-20, and the Funko Pop Rides are $35+.

For ~$40 you get a figure that actually looks like the character it's representing, (though to be fair to Pops, some characters translate much better to the style than others) has insane attention to detail and high quality parts and paints, multiple accessories, hands, and faces, and a posable stand. And, in addition to the incredible quality, you can also actually pose Nendoroids unlike their Funko counterparts.

So even though they're smaller than Funko Pops, if you give any kind of a shit about what your figures actually looks like for your money, Nendoroids are well worth the money. Especially since sites like AmiAmi constantly offer them at well below MSRP.

Barnes and Noble usually has Pops for under $10, and places like ThinkGeek and Newbury Comics often have bogo deals on them.

While Nendoroids are certainly more detailed, they're almost equally cartoony and chibified. For $20-30 bucks more you can get a Figma with just as much detail and a much bigger size... Which is my way of a asking where my Overwatch Figmas are.

I guess I am weird but the Funko Pop and an extra $40 in my wallet seem like a less wasteful cash expenderture.

I did think she looked crazy nice til sticker shock hit me after clicking the link. The Funko is fine.

LQX

EGJchBr.png

Mei and Mercy next.

Not trying to body shame because I love everything about Mei but how do they make Tracer bigger and her smaller? It makes no sense. Mei looks way out of her normal proportion in that poster.

So... never?
I'm in over my head, I don't know nearly enough about Overwatch to know what I've done

tumblr_mo5iu1JrgH1s8xebro1_400.gif

Fight me irl.
:D

Barnes and Noble usually has Pops for under $10, and places like ThinkGeek and Newbury Comics often have bogo deals on them.

While Nendoroids are certainly more detailed, they're almost equally cartoony and chibified. For $20-30 bucks more you can get a Figma with just as much detail and a much bigger size... Which is my way of a asking where my Overwatch Figmas are.
Yeah the real answer here is that we need Figmas so that there can be Overwatch figures in all price ranges for all kinds of collectors. $10 Pops, $30-40 Nendoroids, $50-60 Figmas. Everyone can be happy!

Not trying to body shame because I love everything about Mei but how do they make Tracer bigger and her smaller? It makes no sense. Mei looks way out of her normal proportion in that poster.

To be fair, the way she's standing in that drawing has one leg behind the other, giving the illusion that her legs are thinner than Tracer, who's in a very wide stance. But yes it does look weird that she's apparently not as ... thick as she's supposed to be.

Quonny

Concept art vs actual model.

Blues1990

I wonder if they'll do D.Va's mech. And if so, how.

This was their solution for Sakura Taisen's mechs:

It would be interesting to see how they'll approach D.Va's MEKA mech, especially with how she pilots it. I do hope that the male heroes will get a chance, as I would KILL to have a smol Lucio wall riding against my books.

Top Bottom