• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Give fang a v skill where he poisons himself, but his next attack is super plus on block or hit.
Just completely turn the tables.

That's actually a super dope idea. If all I get from the V-skill is block pressure, I'm losing guaranteed health while I get the chance to exert pressure which is still a scary situation since there's only so long until I get a hit or throw in.

If I successfully hit the opponent, the poison goes away (only fair that it'd work like that).

You'd need a fresh status effect to indicate a self poisoning to account for mirror matches. Plus you'd need to figure out how the poison from the enemy would interact with that.

I like this idea though. If they do indeed buff his original v-skill, a risky v-skill like that would be great to keep things fresh in those matchups where pressure is preferable to zoning.

Pompadour

Ah, so this is interesting. He can see what type of the costume it is if it's an existing category.

I paired up every Set73 character with one of the Capcom characters Xkira said were getting an Extra Battle costume. After awhile I gave up trying to match them and just dumped the rest.

Chun: Morrigan
Karin: Tron Bonne
Kolin: Ingrid
Zangief: Nemesis
Cammy: Tessa
Balrog: Mega Man character I can't identify
Ryu: Jin Saotome
Bison: Soki
Ken: Phoenix Wright
Laura: Dante
Nash: Wesker
Vega: Donovan
R.Mika: Frank West
Rashid: Viewtiful Joe
Guile: Captain Commando
Akuma: Asura

Pompadour

Nemesis is clearly Abigairu-kun.

Laura is indeed Dante, good catch!

And I'm dropping Kolin if she's Ingrid.

Like I said, I gave up after awhile because several of these characters are good fits for Ryu and Ken but there's 16 costumes and 16 references.

19_xk01.jpg

19_xk02.jpg

19_xk03.jpg

19_xk04.jpg

19_xk05.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I wouldn't say everyone can do it. People have different talents. Or their mental disposition is not optimal. I for one always question myself, almost to my detriment. I'm pretty good with my combos,
but if i do one wrong input, then my whole rhythm is in shambles. I have then to spend time in trainings mode just to get it back. This shit shouldn't happen. I mean i spent countless hours in the Lab perfecting my execution. Only for it to be all for nought one wrong input later.

I think i just lack the mental fortitude, to just shrug it off.
I can relate to this, but remember that mental fortitude can also improve with practice. I used to get nervous simply playing against another person online. Many hours later, those nerves are long gone. Now my struggle is maintaining focus and not spiralling into self doubt when I lose to something I shouldn't have lost to. Wth the right mindset, that can be overcome, too.

I paired up every Set73 character with one of the Capcom characters Xkira said were getting an Extra Battle costume. After awhile I gave up trying to match them and just dumped the rest.

Chun: Morrigan
Karin: Tron Bonne
Kolin: Ingrid
Zangief: Nemesis
Balrog: Mega Man character I can't identify
Ken: Phoenix Wright
Laura: Dante
If Laura gets the Dante outfit I'm pulling a lucebuce on this game.

That's actually a super dope idea. If all I get from the V-skill is block pressure, I'm losing guaranteed health while I get the chance to exert pressure which is still a scary situation since there's only so long until I get a hit or throw in.

If I successfully hit the opponent, the poison goes away (only fair that it'd work like that).

You'd need a fresh status effect to indicate a self poisoning to account for mirror matches. Plus you'd need to figure out how the poison from the enemy would interact with that.

I like this idea though. If they do indeed buff his original v-skill, a risky v-skill like that would be great to keep things fresh in those matchups where pressure is preferable to zoning.

One of my finer asspulls for sure. Naturally his Vtrigger would both poison him and his opponent. But for a short moment, he'd be a much better fighter more inline with usual triggers.

Ryce

Like I said, I gave up after awhile because several of these characters are good fits for Ryu and Ken but there's 16 costumes and 16 references.
X-Kira recently Tweeted some more references, so either the costume list is incomplete or "Set73" is something else entirely.

DMpJR_zW4AA31s7.jpg

Pompadour

X-Kira recently Tweeted some more references, so either the costume list is incomplete or "Set73" is something else entirely.

DMpJR_zW4AA31s7.jpg

Well shit, nevermind then. Didn't they say Extra Battle would get a year of costumes? Wouldn't that imply there's only 12?

Ryce

Well shit, nevermind then. Didn't they say Extra Battle would get a year of costumes? Wouldn't that imply there's only 12?
It's honestly still too early to say -- we don't know the full extent of what Extra Battle has to offer. X-Kira has also said that the Donovan costume belongs to NPC Dan.

DMors3GX4AA9wv1.jpg

That sort of implies that "Set73" is something brand new. Maybe those costumes are the first wave of Battle Outfit 2.

jett

D-Member
You know, on the off-chance any of this is actually true, I think I'd rather be surprised about some of this when playing the game than getting everything spoiled.

jett

D-Member
These are supposed to be random enemies that show up in extra battle mode, right? What's wrong with not wanting to know everything about it?

I can get that to an extent. But I personally would rather know of all the stuff that's coming and when.

And I'm someone who has only seen one gameplay video of AC:Origins and has seen only the first BP trailer and still hasn't seen a trailer for the new SW movie cause I don't like spoilers for stories.

To me, they're just costumes that don't affect the game in any way.

kirblar

"Set73" gotta be something else. Might be a set of costumes launching w AE. The Nostalgia, Akiman, and Holiday costumes seem like enough to get them through 2017 alongside stages.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It doesn't really matter what it does or doesn't affect.
People are working hard on these things and have their timeline set up for the reveals.

This attention seeking datamining garbage doesn't just spoil the content, it spoils the reveals as well.

vg260

And in regards to the unlocks thing, the post from the German SF Facebook page said: "In extra-battle-mode you can spend Fight Money for a chance of getting a different premium-outfit each month. For this you need to complete four challenges within one month."

Sigh. Of course they had to be incorporate some gambling-like mechanic. Couldn't just let you earn them or just spend FM on them. I'm expecting something as friendly as survival mode now.

Sigh. Of course they had to be incorporate some gambling-like mechanic. Couldn't just let you earn them or just spend FM on them. I'm expecting something as friendly as survival mode now.
On the one hand, you really should expect just that.

And it's not really "gambling" since it'll probably be the same requirement for everybody and there's no "chance" of you not getting it if you don't complete the challenges. I also would not be surprised if fulfilling the requirements eventually gave you back all the FM you've spent.

stn

Any ways to cheese Survival on the hell/extreme/whatever the hardest difficulty is called? I want that bloody trophy lol, also the FM so I have enough when these timed costumes are available.

Mr. X

First of all, that's EXTRA Battle mode, not Arcade mode which I assume doesn't cost anything to play. I wouldn't be surprised if Arcade mode doesn't have any costumes locked behind it.

And in regards to the unlocks thing, the post from the German SF Facebook page said: "In extra-battle-mode you can spend Fight Money for a chance of getting a different premium-outfit each month. For this you need to complete four challenges within one month."

So you basically pay a set amount of FM up front to enable the challenge, then you play through it (assuming that gives you FM too) then you unlock the costume after finishing it.
I don't think FG fans are dumb enough to like loot box prize mechanics. Expecting huge backlash.

kirblar

I don't think FG fans are dumb enough to like loot box prize mechanics. Expecting huge backlash.
Injustice 2 had them without an issue. That really wouldn't work for SF though.

This isn't really a loot box though, this is a FM costume you have to jump through hoops to unlock. They're not going to make it too hard (b/c kids)

First of all,

Second, while we don't know any real details, there isn't going to be an element of randomness.

(i)Pay 40k FM in February
(ii) Extra Battle Missions for the month of February are unlocked [probably the same for everyone too]
(iii)Complete missions (expect them to be kinda grindy but you never know)
(iv)Get costume
(v)Profit

You might even get FM from actually playing through the mode to finish the requirements.

Neoxon

Juri: Morrigan
Karin: Ingrid
Kolin: Tron Bonne

Abigail: Nemesis
Zangief: Haggar

Urien: Mega Man
Zeku: Phoenix Wright
Ken: Dante

FTFY. I’d also change Ryu to Asura, but he also fits Akuma.

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";252710607]Does that still work? Last time I tried after S2 it was a lot harder.[/QUOTE]
Tried it after season 2 too, you need to space the knee dives to hit properly so they're + on block, do some testing against AI training mode before doing so in survival, it's was still not completely free and need getting use to when you can continue pressure and when you don't.

Don't know if it still work in S2.2 but none of the Urien's nerfs should affect it.

There's another exploit with Menat where the harder AI doesn't move if you set up the orb behind it on screen, problem with that is it only works on the harder AI and you have to get to that point with Menat.

myco666

Injustice 2 had them without an issue. That really wouldn't work for SF though.

This isn't really a loot box though, this is a FM costume you have to jump through hoops to unlock. They're not going to make it too hard (b/c kids)

I wouldn't be so sure about them not making them too hard considering how hard unlocking all colors is.

Neoxon

If we're wishlisting Zeku should get a Gene outfit where Old Zeku is God Hand and Young Zeku is Devil Hand.
I'd be okay with that, but who would get Phoenix Wright?

Also, the fact that you didn't have Ken as Dante originally is surprising. Their English VA is freakin' Reuben Langdon!

Pompadour

I'd be okay with that, but who would get Phoenix Wright?

Also, the fact that you didn't have Ken as Dante originally is surprising. Their English VA is freakin' Reuben Langdon!

Well, my original list was my best guesses as to what would happen and I ended up with Ryu and Ken getting three costumes each. So after that I just sort of tossed them around.

I mean, if I wasn't already comparing the Set tags to Extra Battle costumes I'd automatically assume they would all go to Ryu, Ken, Cammy, and Chun.

Pompadour

I remember this mod came out on day one (or two) when Kolin came out. I think she looks way better as redheaded.

Yeah, I really wish they made her a redhead at least for variety. Her "Helen" identity was some Illuminati magic shit anyway, they could have kept her as blonde in her nostalgia outfit.

At this point it's safe to assume someone has a blonde fetish on the dev team. I'm pretty sure the only metric for deciding what Alpha characters they should bring back was hair color.

Top Bottom