• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I hope Kolin's Extra Battle costume is based on Beauty from Ghost Trick.

latest

I mean, her Nostalgia Costume already has a palette based on Ghost Trick's Sissel, so why not go the extra mile and give her something really wacky from the same game?

mbpm1

I knew you played Kolin but for some reason I assumed you were in Europe. I'm East Coast too so we should spar some time!

What's your CFN? Mine is Hey_its_that_dog

I think I lost the one today because I just wasn't very focused or cautious. Still, it's rare I run into her and she's one of my worse matchups.
Cool, my cfn is GiefStew

Trust me, if we spar you’ll definitely learn how to wreck her. Ken sucks to fight with her when you figure it out

kikiribu

latest

I mean, her Nostalgia Costume already has a palette based on Ghost Trick's Sissel, so why not go the extra mile and give her something really wacky from the same game?
I want, plus the blue skin goes well with her ice powers

Surfside

Banned
Fought a Fang and lost. Almost had him in the rematch.
They are just so rare to come by, that it's not really worth the effort, to learn some of their stuff.

latest

What a deep cut, but it works.
If Ed were still skinny, he could've been Dandy to go with this.

Teh Lurv

Fought a Fang and lost. Almost had him in the rematch.
They are just so rare to come by, that it's not really worth the effort, to learn some of their stuff.

Possible FANG secret tech: Be so low-tier other players don't even bother to try to learn how to beat you?

kikiribu

Holiday costumes for Menat, Kolin, Alex, Cammy

Nostalgia costumes for Chun Li, Karin, Birdie, and Balrog

Costumes for other characters too but unspecified

kirblar

Ah, so this is interesting. He can see what type of the costume it is if it's an existing category.

I think Chun's 4 extras might be part of that series.

Chun: Set73, Nostalgia, Set68. Set69, Set70, Set71
Karin: Set73, Nostalgia, Sporty
Kolin: Set73, Sporty, Holiday
Zangief: Set73, Sporty
Cammy: Set73, Holiday
Balrog: Set73, Nostalgia
Birdie: Nostalgia
Alex: Holiday
Menat: Holiday
Ryu: Set73
Bison: Set73
Ken: Set73
Laura: Set73
Nash: Set73
Vega: Set73
R.Mika: Set73
Rashid: Set73
Guile: Set73
Akuma: Set73

Also, Story Mode 2, not a surprise.

TheOGB

Banned
By looking at who's got what, I'd guess that "Set73" must be the Extra Battle cameo costumes.

edit: if Chun-Li's gonna have like 10 more costumes than anyone else by the end of next year they should just go the whole nine yards and make her the protagonist of S3/Arcade Edition or something tbh. let her win more than one or two fights in the next story mode you hacks lol

Ludens

Banned
I have a question regarding the iconic Capcom characters' skins you will be able to unlock in Arcade mode. Do you need to complete several tasks in order to unlock them, but you will also need to spend FM? If so it's a very crappy thing. I saved enough to buy 3 characters, the last one of season 2 and 2 characters from season 3, but if I start spending FM on those skins, needing also to clear missions, it's a real grind for just a cpuple of skins honestly.

I have a question regarding the iconic Capcom characters' skins you will be able to unlock in Arcade mode. Do you need to complete several tasks in order to unlock them, but you will also need to spend FM? If so it's a very crappy thing. I saved enough to buy 3 characters, the last one of season 2 and 2 characters from season 3, but if I start spending FM on those skins, needing also to clear missions, it's a real grind for just a cpuple of skins honestly.

First of all, that's EXTRA Battle mode, not Arcade mode which I assume doesn't cost anything to play. I wouldn't be surprised if Arcade mode doesn't have any costumes locked behind it.

And in regards to the unlocks thing, the post from the German SF Facebook page said: "In extra-battle-mode you can spend Fight Money for a chance of getting a different premium-outfit each month. For this you need to complete four challenges within one month."

So you basically pay a set amount of FM up front to enable the challenge, then you play through it (assuming that gives you FM too) then you unlock the costume after finishing it.

Ludens

Banned
First of all, that's EXTRA Battle mode, not Arcade mode which I assume doesn't cost anything to play. I wouldn't be surprised if Arcade mode doesn't have any costumes locked behind it.

And in regards to the unlocks thing, the post from the German SF Facebook page said: "In extra-battle-mode you can spend Fight Money for a chance of getting a different premium-outfit each month. For this you need to complete four challenges within one month."

So you basically pay a set amount of FM up front to enable the challenge, then you play through it (assuming that gives you FM too) then you unlock the costume after finishing it.

Man, honestly it sounds even worse. I mean, what if I spend money and I'm not able to complete those tasks? Because even now I just skip some tasks without even trying.

Depends on how tough the challenges are and how good the costumes are whether it'll be worth it. Though if Viewtiful Rashid is any indication, it'll probably be worth it.

If it is indeed true that every costume from Extra Battle is a crossover from another Capcpom franchise then that is one of the most fan servicey things I've seen in a game in quite a while.

Neoxon

If it is indeed true that every costume from Extra Battle is a crossover from another Capcpom franchise then that is one of the most fan servicey things I've seen in a game in quite a while.
It's a great way to get people into playing Extra Battle, so I wouldn't be that surprised.

JusDoIt

Finally made Platinum for the first time.
Please clap.

I even ended the night with a 300 point cushion. Yesterday I was low Ultra Gold after spending a couple months in casuals, but I decided to grind out the “Win 80 Ranked Matches” CPT mission for that 40,000 FM before Zeku drops. 30 wins later and now I’m a real boy.

Please clap.

I even ended the night with a 300 point cushion. Yesterday I was low Ultra Gold after spending a couple months in casuals, but I decided to grind out the “Win 80 Ranked Matches” CPT mission for that 40,000 FM before Zeku drops. 30 wins later and now I’m a real boy.

Congratulations! I hope to someday replicate that, while the level still means something...

JusDoIt

Congratulations! I hope to someday replicate that, while the level still means something...

If I can do it, anybody can. Seriously, I couldn’t get out of Bronze for a few months when SFV came out. I had a season one goal of making Gold and I didn’t even reach it until the day Akuma came out.

If I can do it, anybody can. Seriously, I couldn’t get out of Bronze for a few months when SFV came out. I had a season one goal of making Gold and I didn’t even reach it until the day Akuma came out.

That's what I've been saying!

If I can make into Diamond with F.A.N.G then anyone can make it to at least Platinum with anybody.

Do not underestimate how scrub I am lol.
But honestly I burnt myself out on this game season 1 running for gold. I'm taking it nice chill this time and just trying to see my weaknesses and improve.

JusDoIt

Do not underestimate how scrub I am lol.
But honestly I burnt myself out on this game season 1 running for gold. I'm taking it nice chill this time and just trying to see my weaknesses and improve.

You on your way then. Try to play regularly, but don’t force it when you ain’t having fun. You keep that up and you’ll be surprised by your improvement.

Marvel

could never
All that lab time in Mahvel is really throwing off my SF play. I was on an insane losing streak, yesterday.
Yep.

Same for me, I returned to SF yesterday. Won only a couple... the games I lost were ugly, lots of stun then death in corner lol. Need to shake the rust off fast.

Please clap.

Well done!

At the very least make her high tier again.

Alla these motherfucking costumes and nobody to use them.
From what I saw on the first stat tracker and the earliest months of tracking on Capcom's CFN site (towards the tail end of season 1) she was not even a highly used character when she was good. Chun players must be avid DLC purchasers.

But what if I am just trash?
Before SF5, the total of number of matches I'd played of a fighting game online is eight. And I didn't exactly have a burgeoning fighting game scene where I live.

You can do it buddy, I BELIEVE in you! Sponsor me for a visa and book me a plane ticket and I'll come teach you in person!

Surfside

Banned
Before SF5, the total of number of matches I'd played of a fighting game online is eight. And I didn't exactly have a burgeoning fighting game scene where I live.

You can do it buddy, I BELIEVE in you! Sponsor me for a visa and book me a plane ticket and I'll come teach you in person!

I wouldn't say everyone can do it. People have different talents. Or their mental disposition is not optimal. I for one always question myself, almost to my detriment. I'm pretty good with my combos,
but if i do one wrong input, then my whole rhythm is in shambles. I have then to spend time in trainings mode just to get it back. This shit shouldn't happen. I mean i spent countless hours in the Lab perfecting my execution. Only for it to be all for nought one wrong input later.

I think i just lack the mental fortitude, to just shrug it off.

Everyone CAN do it. Only difference is how long it takes to get to a "competent" level.

Though it's also worth pointing out some people take longer to gravitate to different games. The same person can get good at King of Fighters in a few months while it might take a year or longer for SF and even then their brain just doesn't work the way the game intends (I know a guy who's done just that). Not even taking into account 3D vs 2D.

myco666

Believing in yourself is so overrated. Thanks for the offer brocius but as a uni student I am always kinda broke lol.

OK, you know what this thread is getting too mundane. WE NEED SOME THEORY CRAFTING!! I'll start with my suggestion for Nash's new V-skill and new V-Trigger.

Nash as he stands is currently just Guile with worse fireballs and better mobility. His current V-skill allows him to pretty much win the fireball game against a matchup where that's a factor and his V-Trigger allows him to both punish certain moves, extend combos and create mix-up situations (though it's not as good anymore for the mix-up situations tbh)

His new V-Trigger should be something that lets him have more zoning options while his V-skill should be something that affords a slight bit more mobility. Maybe a move that is like a backdash but can be cancelled into with normals, not unlike Kolin's light command dash if you don't do the punch followup. That V-skill would of course be punishable by EX moves but could potentially be spaced with a decently ranged normal to be unpunishable without using CAs.

In terms of V-Trigger, I'd suggest the ability to either throw out air fireballs or maybe a diagonal fireball. Or possibly the ability to control the boom while it's in motion, or a new move that lets him set "fireball traps" on the screen.(edited)
Basically make it a nightmare for those few matchups where you don't want to take the risk of command normalling in and want to rely safely on your booms for pressure.

Believing in yourself is so overrated. Thanks for the offer brocius but as a uni student I am always kinda broke lol.

That's actually a
QTE
in South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
Press "A" to
believe in yourself.

Top Bottom