• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yeef

commissar said:
NeoGAF Server: 68.232.178.184:27015
GAF TF2 group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2

Download custom maps for fun times:
Cashworks (44MB)
Frontier (36MB)
PC: unzip the .bsp -> ~Steam\steamapps\*username*\team fortress 2\tf\maps
Mac: unzip the .bsp -> ~\Documents\Steam Content\*username*\team fortress 2\tf\maps
Just a note on frontier: in the zip file the map is still zipped as a .bz2 file. You'll need to unzip that using 7zip or whatever your preferred archiving program is before putting it into your maps directory.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
EvilMario said:
The server IP should really be in the original post, enough people come around asking for it.
Eh... no one reads the OP nor the post with the server info for that matter. Someone should make an eye-catching banner to go along with the info.

Javaman

fallengorn said:
Eh... no one reads the OP nor the post with the server info for that matter. Someone should make an eye-catching banner to go along with the info.

I thought about making a big flashing banner/gif but never caught the page 50/100 post. :lol

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Ultimatum said:
300mb update

- Added "item_pickup" game event for ammo/health packs.

What does that mean? a timer for item respawns?

Sounds like ammo/health kit pickups not appear in the combat log or something.

LTTP but what the hell :D

The game was too good to pass by anyways.My steam ID is bluddtheersty.Updates are taking far too long :(

When do most of you guys play though? I'm a newbie so any tips/tricks would be appreciated :)

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I saw the update and I thought, "ITEM TRADING POLYCOUNT PACK AMIRITE?!!11!" but now I'm just plain ol' disappointed especially since I don't understand half of what the update log says.

Yeef

bluddtheersty said:
LTTP but what the hell :D

The game was too good to pass by anyways.My steam ID is bluddtheersty.Updates are taking far too long :(

When do most of you guys play though? I'm a newbie so any tips/tricks would be appreciated :)
The GAF server is generally empty through out the day, but most nights fills up from like 8:30ish until 1am (EST).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Jangaroo said:
I saw the update and I thought, "ITEM TRADING POLYCOUNT PACK AMIRITE?!!11!" but now I'm just plain ol' disappointed especially since I don't understand half of what the update log says.
# Reduced the ammo packs in the barns down to small ammo packs.
# Increased the hill speed modifier to 1.2 (up from .95)
They made it easier to get the cart up the ramp in Hightower.

Yeef said:
The GAF server is generally empty through out the day, but most nights fills up from like 8:30ish until 1am (EST).

Cool, i'll see you guys then.Are there any custom maps (besides the ones mentioned above) that you guys regularly play on?

Yeef

I didn't notice any changes major or minor on upward. Once BLU caps the second point they can use the original red spawn for resupply. Has it always been that way? I've never actually bothered to check.

bluddtheersty said:
Cool, i'll see you guys then.Are there any custom maps (besides the ones mentioned above) that you guys regularly play on?
Nope.

Javaman

Updating 'Team Fortress 2 Materials' from version 67 to version 68

93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/all_halo.vmt
93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/id_badge_gold.vmt
93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/id_badge_platinum.vmt
93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/id_badge_silver.vmt
93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/parasite_skin.vmt
93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/medic/medic_mirror.vmt
93.34% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/weapons/w_rocketlauncher/w_rocketlauncher01.vmt

I wonder what changed with the mirror?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
It was that way up until Minecraft ;(
Don't worry, when Oatmeal shuts down the GAF server in 1-2 weeks, it will most likely cause people to go back to TF2 for a few days ;)

notsol337

marked forever
Ultimatum said:
what tournament? The highlander one?

edit: almost 02:30, empty server... yawn...

Yes, the highlander one. Somewhere in the old thread I claimed dibs to play with Twig, so I signed up for the team he's on.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yah. Never voting for hightower ever again.

We were turtled there for a good 15 mins or so? I took my break at 9:00 like I always do. Come back and am currently waiting to get in and I see that you guys are still in fucking hightower. Nearly 30 mins later.

Jesus christ.

Fun game. I actually kind of like stalemates (within limits, of course) because it forces you to try different strategies. Steamrolling or being steamrolled can be kind of mindless/

rac

Banned
That hightower game was awesome. I don't know how we pulled that comeback off. Even before that we had a good game going until the server blew up. Doesn't matter though cause we all knew red was going to win.
hl22010-08-1723-20-26-aqob.png

Jangaroo

Oh awesome, we won that round? My internet crapped out on me for like the third time today while playing in the server so I dropped a few min before the round ended.

DogWelder

Jangaroo said:
Oh awesome, we won that round? My internet crapped out on me for like the third time today while playing in the server so I dropped a few min before the round ended.
No-one won, the server crashed.

Jangaroo

Ohhhhh, so it wasn't just me when I disconnected. I thought my internet crapped out on my side or something.

Boonoo

So there are still a few more spaces on the highlander team. First come first to be served.

Highlander is a pretty fun mode--you could look at it as a better organized pub game. In highlander each team has 9 members--one for each class. With fewer players responsibility increases, and with only 1 person on each class you really need to play to that classes strengths.

It's pretty fun, here's a copy of my post asking people to sign up.

Alright now listen up! I'm a whore for TF2 items--that much is clear.

I've made a team for this highlander event for the sole purpose of procuring a medal I'll never wear.

I intend to play as few games as possible; I imagine I'll lose those few games. We won't practice, but by god we'll be organized enough to get to those matches on time.

The matches themselves will be fun, and we'll use mumble. TF2 voicechat hurts my beautiful ears.

If you want to join up I have maybe 5 or 6 slots open.

This team is named The Shit Eating Grins
http://etf2l.org/teams/10853/
(team name subject to change based on whether or not the word shit is allowed)
I don't know how exactly registration works; I'll figure that out as I go. The team is created, so if you want in get yourself registered on the website. http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/
and post in the thread that you want on, and I should be able to add you, or you should be able to add yourself, we'll see.

The main point, again, is to acquire these medals. To do that we need a team and we have to show up for matches.

I think it will be great!

Yeef

Jangaroo said:
Ohhhhh, so it wasn't just me when I disconnected. I thought my internet crapped out on my side or something.
Yeah, when it happened I was pretty worried because my sentry was in the prime position and there was only like a minute or so left. I was thinking my buildings disappearing would give BLU the edge they needed to win.

It was pretty clear that we would've won any way.

DogWelder

At 3 am EST, there were 18 people on the server. There's still 10 on as of 4:13. What the deuce?

Edit: I should mention I didn't recognize any of them except Firebrand, but I think he was as confused as I was, lol.

Javaman

Yeef said:
Yeah, when it happened I was pretty worried because my sentry was in the prime position and there was only like a minute or so left. I was thinking my buildings disappearing would give BLU the edge they needed to win.

It was pretty clear that we would've won any way.

I don't know, you guys were holding it pretty well from all angles. I gave up trying ubers and tried to spy cap it but usually there was a sentry covering both sides of the cart along with someone hanging out in the doorway behind the cart.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jangaroo said:
spah sappin yer internetz

rac

Banned
Boonoo said:
So there are still a few more spaces on the highlander team. First come first to be served.

Highlander is a pretty fun mode--you could look at it as a better organized pub game. In highlander each team has 9 members--one for each class. With fewer players responsibility increases, and with only 1 person on each class you really need to play to that classes strengths.

It's pretty fun, here's a copy of my post asking people to sign up.
I hope no one wants to be a soldier.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If the F7 Highlander team doesn't split into 2 teams (God knows we have 26 people right now that want in), I could drop and play Medic/Heavy for the GAF team.

Javaman

I could do Eng or Medic but I've got to know the schedule before I commit. Things are crazy right now time wise.

Ultimatum

Banned
I could play, should be able to make whatever games since I'm guessing they'll be based around EU timezone. Can play any class except engineer.

Although looking at the team page, how do I actually join? I've already made an account

Twig

Banned
EvilMario said:
If the F7 Highlander team doesn't split into 2 teams (God knows we have 26 people right now that want in), I could drop and play Medic/Heavy for the GAF team.
lol why would you want to play with them anyway

Boonoo

Ultimatum said:
I could play, should be able to make whatever games since I'm guessing they'll be based around EU timezone. Can play any class except engineer.

Although looking at the team page, how do I actually join? I've already made an account

ultimatum 0:1:24359408

this you?

after Ultimatum is added there will probably only be 1 spot left, so the next person to sign up and add themselves to the team or ask to be added gets it (most likely, anyway).

Java, matches will most likely be Sunday afternoonish. Shouldn't last more than an hour. And I doubt there will be more than 2 or 3 of them. I don't know if there's a preseason or something. 1 match would be ideal.

Ultimatum

Banned
Boonoo said:
ultimatum 0:1:24359408

this you?

after Ultimatum is added there will probably only be 1 spot left, so the next person to sign up and add themselves to the team or ask to be added gets it (most likely, anyway).

Java, matches will most likely be Sunday afternoonish. Shouldn't last more than an hour. And I doubt there will be more than 2 or 3 of them. I don't know if there's a preseason or something. 1 match would be ideal.
Nope, I'm ReRixo http://etf2l.org/forum/user/33950/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom