• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Continued from here

6b4l92p.gif

Yeef

I love that new thread smell!

Originally when I first got the backburner I wasn't a fan of it. The compression blast is just too useful to give up. I gave it a second chance tonight and crushed my enemies, saw them driven from me and heard the lamentations of their women.

Not being able to reflect crockets is too great to give up, but I see myself switching my load out more often as pyro depending on the situation.

Boonoo

I have some new pictures for a new thread!

A soldier in his natural state.

i3vuc9.jpg

A soldier still being a soldier

2r2t0ud.jpg

I think this one is classy.

1y367a.jpg

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I've started playing around with the scout now. Fun stuff I have to say.

Yeef

Jangaroo said:
I've started playing around with the scout now. Fun stuff I have to say.
Scout has always and probably will always be my favorite class even though I'm terrible at it. It's so much fun running circles around people even if it just annoys them.

Jangaroo

My problem with the scout is that he moves way too fast for me and since I like to circle strafe it makes it very difficult for me to aim properly with the shotgun. I'm loving the sandman and I even managed to kill a dude with it. I have to say I like how the sandman works now nerfs aside.

Yeef

Jangaroo said:
My problem with the scout is that he moves way too fast for me and since I like to circle strafe it makes it very difficult for me to aim properly with the shotgun. I'm loving the sandman and I even managed to kill a dude with it. I have to say I like how the sandman works now nerfs aside.
I don't have too much problem hitting most other classes while moving, but hitting another scout is like playing the lottery. I've noticed that ArtistDude and Baha seem to have amazing aim when they play Scout. I'm convinced that they are both the devil.

Jangaroo

Actually, I got inspired to play Scout after seeing Artistdude in action. I need a break from playing sniper all the time anyway.

DogWelder

Only way to play scout is with super low sensitivity. But it feels really restrictive so I don't bother. Maybe when I get tired of all the other classes.

Jangaroo

I'm too lazy to change my sensitivity all the time. Also, what kind of custom reticule are you guys using? I've asked this before but I switched to the default one today since the original reason for me changing was because the sniper didn't have a reticule back in the day but now it looks like he has one.

DogWelder

You could always just set up a cfg file to have the scout sensitivity low. How do you snipe without low sensitivity anyways?

Jangaroo

esc said:
You could always just set up a cfg file to have the scout sensitivity low. How do you snipe without low sensitivity anyways?
I have my sensitivity set at 2.368 or something. I don't remember the exact number but that's how I play for all classes. I've always played with low sensitivity since it's easier for me to headshot people. The scout throws me off because he moves like twice as fast as the other classes so I have a harder time setting up my shots. I'll go about doing that cfg file next time thanks.

Yeef

I have my sensitivity set to 2.2 and have a script that doubles it when I hold shift for quick turning. It does the opposite when I'm using the Huntsman (half sensitivity while holding shift) since I suck at aiming and it's not affected by zoom_sensitivity_ratio.

Jangaroo said:
I've asked this before but I switched to the default one today since the original reason for me changing was because the sniper didn't have a reticule back in the day but now it looks like he has one.
I use the crosshair that's just an empty circle. It's one of the default ones.

Boonoo

If you're looking to get better at Scout (or soldier or demo) head over to one of the SOAP TF2 DM servers (I play on this one 64.120.76.242:27016). There's a great DM mod in place that more or less allows for constant action.

Here's a list of all the servers.

http://code.google.com/p/soap-tf2dm/
Based on the original TF2DM created by MikeJS, SOAP TF2DM is an improved deathmatch plug-in created by Lange.

SOAP is made for both public and scrim server usage. When both teams ready up, plug-ins declared in 'tf/cfg/sourcemod/soap_live.cfg' will be unloaded, allowing the match to be played in a default setting. When the match is over, plug-ins listed in 'tf/cfg/sourcemod/soap_notlive.cfg' are reloaded.

List of DM servers (not complete, but will get you started):

64.120.76.242:27016 - Official SOAP DM server, hosted by TF2F
64.120.126.57:27015 - Apocalypse Gaming DM
216.131.76.73:27015 - 99% ACCURACY (West Coast, hosted by Enigma)
209.40.97.233:27015 - ACE 24/7 Badlands
209.40.97.234:27017 - [Viper Gaming]
69.61.52.34:27015 - Scampie's DM Server
188.40.102.206:21100 - Nice-servers.com DM (Europe)
210.50.4.31:27015 - iPGN DM (Australia)
193.178.147.188:27017 - UAPlayer.com DM (Russia)

Some of the changes in effect.

You're instaspawned in the main area of the map (mid at badlands, B at gravelpit, etc).
If you make a kill your health and ammo are refilled.
Only scouts, soldiers, demos allowed (some allow sniper I think; the one I go to doesn't, and some that do allow sniper only allow head shots)
Health regens if not engaged in combat
Demo's sticky gun only holds 2 stickies at a time (so your stickies are used to jump only--practice pills!)
Generally only 4 or 5 per team to keep the clutter down.

As I said, this is probably the best and fastest means of improving your kills skills with these three classes. The action is just much more condensed; you won't get killed by random chance (there's still some element of spam, but if you die it's almost always because someone tried to kill you); probably most importantly the people on there are really good, so you're almost always fighting someone better than you are--learning new tricks and whatnot.

I'd definitely give it a try if you're interested in improving your soldier, scout or demo game.

Ultimatum

Banned
Scout is my favourite class, but I can never really play it properly on the GAF server because of my ping :x so annoying

firex

Yeef said:
I love that new thread smell!

Originally when I first got the backburner I wasn't a fan of it. The compression blast is just too useful to give up. I gave it a second chance tonight and crushed my enemies, saw them driven from me and heard the lamentations of their women.

Not being able to reflect crockets is too great to give up, but I see myself switching my load out more often as pyro depending on the situation.
I find it's good as red on attack/defend maps. Usually red has an easier time getting behind the enemy, so you get to blast everybody. Although it's also good on cp maps.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
A friend of mine swears up and down that the Backburner is still the winner, granted he is such a devastating sneak of a Pyro so it obviously works for him. I won't ever hate on the Backburner because of his playstyle (and the fact that his wife combo's up with him as Medic doesn't hurt), but I'll still take compression blast over it any day of the week.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I hate the compression blast lag BS. A rocket can be flying well behind and or makes impact and the rocket can still be blasted back at me. :lol

Sciz

New thread? :eek:

That means it's time for "How much did you post?"

Code:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 20,381
User Name 	Posts
Icy          	1,299
Twig        	1,164
Javaman 	671
1-D_FTW 	513
Cheeto 	        447
Hitokage 	393
firex 	        380
Blizzard 	352
Sciz 	        345
PillowKnight 	339
Davidion 	322
fallengorn 	319
Capndrake 	318
Hazaro 	        312
Kuro Madoushi 	298
Won 	        293
Orellio 	274
omgimaninja 	271
Firestorm 	267
Boonoo 	        260
Volcynika 	254
JoeFu 	        228
Teknopathetic 	202
speedpop 	184
CrookedRain 	183
Proven 	        173
fallout 	168
Doytch 	        168
Richardfun 	167
evlcookie 	163
Kulock 	        163
Jacobi 	        162
rakka 	        153
Confidence Man 	151
Botolf 	        149
Yasae 	        143
Crushed 	141
Jangaroo 	140
Iadien 	        128
MNC   	        124
saelz8 	        116
rar    	        116
commissar 	113
n0b 	        106
MrPing1000 	102
EvilMario 	101
Zaraki_Kenpachi 96
notsol337 	95
Ysiadmihi 	92
The Storyteller 89
MicVlaD 	89
Xizk 	        84
PotatoeMasher 	78
Zanboo 	        78
RPhilMan1 	76
No Means Nomad 	75
ice cream 	75
Dave Long 	71
140.85 	        70
ggnoobIGN 	69
Oldschoolgamer 	69
Inkwell 	68
Giganticus 	67
eznark 	        67
Ultimatum 	63
lexi 	        62
vultureparade 	57
Jenga 	        55
BravoSuperStar 	54
YakiSOBA 	53
ThaiGrocer 	52
Lhadatt 	52
derFeef 	52
Daigoro 	51
LouieGeetoo 	51
KittenMaster 	50

Boonoo said:
New thread!

GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2
My hero.

desh

So, is there a new demo for the new update to check performance in TF2? All the old stress test demos I found don't work with the new update.

notsol337

marked forever
Twig is a fat fatty fatfat.

In other news, I got my Alien Swarm hat!

Now I can play like a scout possessed... by ALIENS.

moojito

Can you still get those alien hats? I thought it was only for the first 48 hours of the alien swarm game, or something. Also, woo new thread, etc.

n0b

Wow I actually made that list? :lol

I guess this is pretty much the only place I post semi-consistently on gaf.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Not surprised I didn't make it, only been around for a few months, and even then I took like a couple weeks off for SC2.

Boonoo

enzo_gt said:
I WANT MY FIRST HAT. I wonder how many pages will go by in the new thread before I get it.

It takes a maximum of 9 weeks to get enough items to craft a hat--low limit of 6 hats a week, 54 items to make a hat.

How much metal do you have already?

Twig

Banned
wtf is this shit D:

edit: lol i have no life
i can't believe i didn't pass icy even though he was permabanned how long ago?

Yeef

My next drop will likely get me another [random] hat, but I don't know if I should go for it or get the extra metal to make a class hat.

I'm only interested in Scout and Pyro hats, but TOWER OF HATS also interests me.

Boonoo

Yeef said:
My next drop will likely get me another [random] hat, but I don't know if I should go for it or get the extra metal to make a class hat.

I'm only interested in Scout and Pyro hats, but TOWER OF HATS also interests me.

You should always go random now that trading is around the corner.

Jangaroo

I finally figured out where your avatar's from Yasae. Subscribed to that dude's account last night.

Boonoo

Yasae said:
Made 40-something clips off that. I'll never run out.

Thanks!

Oh ho, I see your tricks. I doubt you'll have much trouble trading for a whiskered gentleman, though. I would gladly trade it away if I had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom