• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

170316_SOLDOUT.jpg

http://www.atlutd.com/post/2017/03/17/atlanta-united-sells-out-second-straight-home-match

The players are looking for that home win for the supporters. Sell out crowd. I love Chicago, but I don't see a lot of potential for taking home any points here.

ATLUTD is scary af.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The players are looking for that home win for the supporters. Sell out crowd. I love Chicago, but I don't see a lot of potential for taking home any points here.

ATLUTD is scary af.

I'd give Chicago guys a shot if Atlanta played up the middle, Dax is great as owning that part of the field, but Atlanta like to run down the wings as fast as possible. Dax won't even be a factor given the way they play.

RBH

ATLUTD is scary af.

Still not too confident in Atlanta's backfield. The last 20 minutes of the 1st half against Minnesota in particular were not too encouraging.

ngower

Is this just beginner's luck/excitement or is Atlanta's coaching/talent this potent? Cause they've looked pretty good overall—though I suspect their defensive woes will be exploited soon enough. If they keep up the momentum over the next three opponents (Seattle, Toronto and Montreal) then they might just be legit.

Cystm

Always nice when you lower your expectations and things still end up being even worse than you imagined.

That's my Chicago Fire.

Own goal and Straight Red in the first 20 minutes!

*We are the Fire!*
*clap*

*clap*

*clap*
*clap*

*clap*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is this just beginner's luck/excitement or is Atlanta's coaching/talent this potent? Cause they've looked pretty good overall—though I suspect their defensive woes will be exploited soon enough. If they keep up the momentum over the next three opponents (Seattle, Toronto and Montreal) then they might just be legit.

I mean, the only half decent team they've faced so far was NYRB and they're undergoing a formation change no one has much experience playing. If they can hang with the next three teams then they're legit.

RBH

:)

Too early to tell so far. I think they'll be in the mix at least, but not sure they can match up with the top teams at this point due to those aforementioned defensive issues.

ngower

I was so bummed i couldn't catch the Revs home opener while I was home, but damn is it good to see them again and (so far) it doesn't look like the break hurt them.

[EDIT] Penalty, 1-0 Revs. Lots of early pressures pays off with a penalty. Revs will probably take their foot off the gas and concede two before the half, though...

ngower

Revs defense looked pretty solid all night, Revs offense couldn't get shit done. Two late goals killed us. We didn't look particularly inspiring, but giving up leads is always frustrating.

Top Bottom