• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Alur

I guess they want to be the "fun" league.

I actually find it amusing so on that front kudos to their social media team. I also think that from a league point of view, on some level you're impugning a part/players of your league and doing so while propagating one of the main complaints non-soccer fans have about the game (and your own players likely do the same thing).

Dartastic

I'm just going to xpost what I said on Reddit.

If they take action against the Galaxy that's just absolutely stupid and short sighted. That post was probably one of the best pieces of social media from a team in a while, and I'm more disappointed in the Timbers social media team for such a weak response if anything.

Icolin

Banned
4 hours till Tigres! Biggest match in the Whitecaps' MLS era no doubt, so I'm stoked. Not expecting to win though, especially when you compare the Tigres offence (Gignac, Vargas, Damm) to the Whitecaps' backline... monumental task.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm just going to xpost what I said on Reddit.

If they take action against the Galaxy that's just absolutely stupid and short sighted. That post was probably one of the best pieces of social media from a team in a while, and I'm more disappointed in the Timbers social media team for such a weak response if anything.

The Galaxy's social media game has been on point for a couple of years now, if anything the rest of the league needs to get on their level.

Icolin

Banned
Whitecaps Starting XI: Ousted; Williams, Waston, Parker, Harvey; Laba, Jacobson; Davies, Montero, de Jong; Shea

Tigres Starting XI: Guzman; Advincula, Ayala, Meza, Torres Nilo; Pizarro, Duenas, Damm, Quinones; Vargas, Gignac

53 minutes till kickoff.

Icolin

Banned
AZrCXst.gif

LET'S DO THIS LADS

US roster:
Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas)

Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)

Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Bobby Wood (Hamburger SV)

He didn't look so great the last time he was in that spot, but I imagine it's the only way to get him and Johnson in midfield at once.
You could put him on the right without losing much, and then leave FJohnson on the left. I imagine he'll float around and find space no matter what his position is. Someone posted recent heat maps from his Dortmund games, and he's been turning up a lot in the middle of the field.

RBH

MLS-FB-UNI.jpg

Major League Soccer and Univision Deportes announced a collaboration to live stream a full slate of regular season games on the social network. As part of this, MLS will also drive further social engagement with fans and produce more unique digital content.

At least 22 matches during the 2017 MLS regular season that are being broadcast on Univision networks in Spanish will now be available in the US for live streaming in English via the Univision Deportes Facebook page.

The live streamed matches, which will be produced for consumption on mobile devices, will feature Facebook-specific commentators, interactive graphics, and fan Q&A and polling features allowing viewers to engage directly with commentators throughout matches.

The first MLS match to be streamed on Facebook will be Atlanta United hosting the Chicago Fire on Saturday, March 18th at 4 pm ET.

Additionally, MLS will produce 40 exclusive ”Matchday Live" shows on Facebook on MLS game days, which will feature highlights and analysis from around the League and a preview of the day's upcoming matches. These shows will be produced specifically for Facebook and available on the MLS Facebook page. The pilot episode of "Matchday Live" ran on MLS Opening Weekend, and the next episode will happen this weekend, starting at 4 pm ET.
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...ce-deal-broadcast-games-english-facebook-live

RR30

We have Villafana as an option on LW also, don't forget. Although, he hasn't really had much of a shot yet.

Villafana/Orozco isn't much better.

I understand wanting Johnson up the pitch, but Johnson at RB/Villafana at LB with Nagbe on the left wing is so much more appealing than Johnson at LW with Orozco/whoever at LB.

OMG HE IS:

https://twitter.com/TCultureVulture/status/841024652189286400

Two things:

1.) I love you, TCV. That's just... You are champion.

2.) Is this gif of Kevin Molino making 15$ dollars worth of singles rain the best/worst gif of all time?

https://twitter.com/MNUFCmatch/status/841041968402706432

About as much money as they put into this team so far.

Oh hey. Ha ha. Sorry I don't get in this thread much anymore since GAF got blocked at work. Game was a blast all things considered.

I was just popping in to complain about fantasy this week. I scored a massive 101 points and that ill begotten son of a bitch Charlton beat me head to head with 102. Can't even walk away with a successful fantasy weekend. Lol.

Cystm

Oh hey. Ha ha. Sorry I don't get in this thread much anymore since GAF got blocked at work. Game was a blast all things considered.

I was just popping in to complain about fantasy this week. I scored a massive 101 points and that ill begotten son of a bitch Charlton beat me head to head with 102. Can't even walk away with a successful fantasy weekend. Lol.

That fills my heart with so much joy.

2pjspMQCi70k.gif

Kidding aside, I think it's so rad you guys toughed it out in that shitty weather the whole match. Pure class.

ZZMitch

Can't say I am a fan of Fantasy this year... whats the point of wasting anything on subs if you can just change your whole starting line up every week?

- USSoccer: US Soccer Residency Program to Complete Final Semester After 18 Years
After establishing a blueprint for creating a successful every day training environment, the U.S. Soccer Under-17 Men’s National Team Residency Program will complete its final semester after 18 years at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

“One of our main hopes when establishing the U.S. Soccer Residency Program was that at some point advancements in youth player development would make its existence no longer necessary--we believe that point has been reached.” U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati said. “Not only did the program develop a number of key players for our National Teams, it served as a model for academies across the country to follow. With the U.S. Development Academy having achieved high standards in preparing our young athletes, we are now able to impact future American professionals on a much larger scale.”

Created in 1999, the Residency Program created an elite training environment for the best 20 youth players in the country by focusing on daily training to improve their development. Eight years later, the success of the Residency Program helped guide the 2007 launch of U.S. Soccer’s Development Academy, which took the Residency Program model down to the club level, creating an elite development environment across more than 60 clubs and providing thousands of players the opportunity to improve.
The Residency Program counts 33 alumni who have reached the Senior National Team and boasts some of its most accomplished stars, including Landon Donovan, Jozy Altidore, four-time World Cup veteran DaMarcus Beasley and current U.S. MNT captain Michael Bradley, as well as emerging talents like Christian Pulisic.

A total of 33 Residency players have registered at least one cap with the full MNT: Kellyn Acosta, Freddy Adu, Gale Agbossoumonde, Juan Agudelo, Jozy Altidore, Paul Arriola, DaMarcus Beasley, Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley, Bobby Convey, Landon Donovan, Greg Garza, Eddie Gaven, Luis Gil, Omar Gonzalez, Joe Gyau, Eddie Johnson, Perry Kitchen, Eric Lichaj, Justin Mapp, Chad Marshall, Dax McCarty, Oguchi Onyewu, Heath Pearce, Christian Pulisic, Santino Quaranta, Robbie Rogers, Rubio Rubin, Brek Shea, Jonathan Spector, Danny Szetela and Anthony Wallace.

RBH

170316_SOLDOUT.jpg

Atlanta United has sold out its second straight home match at Bobby Dodd Stadium. This makes the club the first expansion side and the second-ever MLS club to break the 100,000 mark in combined attendance in its first two home matches.

In an effort to enhance the fan experience at Bobby Dodd Stadium, the capacity was reduced from 55,000 for the home opener to approximately 45,000 for the Chicago match.
ie for construction that they're doing at the stadium
Following this week’s competition, Atlanta’s average attendance will be 50,000, placing the club number one in the league. The Seattle Sounders topped MLS in average attendance with 42,636 In 2016.
http://www.atlutd.com/post/2017/03/17/atlanta-united-sells-out-second-straight-home-match

Top Bottom