• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gotta love how fast the plot moves on this show. Damn!

Mike was found out, questioned, and killed - all in the same episode! Crazy stuff~

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Tariq has got to go
Dead or boarding school i dont really care.
I dont know if its the kid they got playing him or if we re actually meant to absolutely despise this kid....but everytime i even see his face i

Tariq has got to go
I dont know if its the kid they got playing him or if we re actually meant to absolutely despise this kid....but everytime i even see his face i

damn-cant-nobody-raise-this-dude-24-tariq-voice-i-24892099.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode is tonight!

That Ain't Me

After getting screwed in a new deal, Ghost plays dirty in the clean world. Angela explores other options after meeting her new boss. Dre moves against Tommy, who finds proof that paints Kate in a new light. Tariq makes an escape plan after his life goes out of control.

Black_Stride

Phew...this episode. Can't wait for the finale.
Riq is the worst.

Ghost is going to burn down NYC going after Ray Ray

On a scale of 1 - 10 how much do i hate Tariq?
I cant even.
Im just gonna quote myself from this thread.

Tariq has got to go

I havent despised a character this much in a show since i dont even know, but hell this fucker helps keep me hooked to the show so it must be a good thing for them.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is fucking stupid....doesnt make sense that she had to die ...first off fuck Tariq.
Also they really have some dude kill Ghosts daughter ? Its just stupid....

But yeah....Ghost and Tommy are heading into some very nasty/dark paths from here on ...shit will be crazy.

cw_sasuke

It's sad, but there had to be consequences to Tariq's bullshit.

I get that.....but killing the daughter of someone like Ghost doesnt seem like something anyone with half of a brain would do.

Well..and fuck Tariq.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I get that.....but killing the daughter of someone like Ghost doesnt seem like something anyone with half of a brain would do.

Well..and fuck Tariq.

Ray Ray was going to kill Tariq because he knew too much, so it stands to reason that he would also want to kill Reina once she revealed that she knew (some of) what Tariq knew.

cw_sasuke

Ray Ray was going to kill Tariq because he knew too much, so it stands to reason that he would also want to kill Reina once she revealed that she knew (some of) what Tariq knew.

I have issues with the whole killing kids thing tbh....i also dont get why he would wanna kill Tariq since he knew about all the shady shit they did in the first place. Why now ?

Ghost has been lacking quite a bit if someone like Ray thinks he can just shoot his children without anything happen....fuck lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I have issues with the whole killing kids thing tbh....i also dont get why he would wanna kill Tariq since he knew about all the shady shit they did in the first place. Why now ?

Ghost has been lacking quite a bit if someone like Ray thinks he can just shoot his children without anything happen....fuck lol.

Ray Ray knew that Ghost was unaware of Tariq's (non Kanan related) crime dealings. If Ghost knew, Ray Ray and his associates would all be dead by now.

Chase17

So uh, this is how it is going to play out huh. I thought this guy was so worried about Ghost that he killed the other two. But now he doesn't have any problem creeping on his school and then killing his daughter. Seems off!

And Angela, through everything she does, somehow gets a promotion?

Tommy still crazy. Hope this season concludes with Tariq going to his boarding school!

nOoblet16

lol the guy who killed two people because he was worried about Ghost finding out shit ends up killing his daughter...wow that's some brains there.

And for all of Tariq's shit it's Reina who ends up dying.

One of the best episodes of the season.

Dre biting off more than he can chew. Sending a junior hit squad to take out Akuma (aka Kanan). Kanan will know it came from Dre, seeing as how he's the only one that knew of his return to the city.

Reina, don't care that she got off'd. Someone had to. Ghost and his family have remained untouched despite all the dirt they've done and misery they've inflicted. Chickens coming home to roost, karma is the real deal. Learn from Stringer Bell: it's one thing for you to forget your past; your past forgetting you is the rub.

Tommy needs to go. He's a #2 who thinks he's a starter in the game. Perennial backup with delusions of grandeur. The guy is street but too emotional, unstable. I for one am tired of suffering his mood swings every week. Kill this clown already. It won't be another case of Jimmy from Boardwalk Empire where the whole show plummets from his absence.

All in all, it's shaping into a strong finish for an otherwise unremarkable season. Can't wait until the finale.

cw_sasuke

Reina, don't care that she got off'd. Someone had to. Ghost and his family have remained untouched despite all the dirt they've done and misery they've inflicted. Chickens coming home to roost, karma is the real deal. Learn from Stringer Bell: it's one thing for you to forget your past; your past forgetting you is the rub.

Tommy needs to go. He's a #2 who thinks he's a starter in the game. Perennial backup with delusions of grandeur. The guy is street but too emotional, unstable. I for one am tired of suffering his mood swings every week. Kill this clown already. It won't be another case of Jimmy from Boardwalk Empire where the whole show plummets from his absence.

All in all, it's shaping into a strong finish for an otherwise unremarkable season. Can't wait until the finale.

Thats BS....went to a bunch of seasons of Sopranos, Breaking Bad and co. and the kids never had to die in those shows to so that something is at stake. Especially not the only innocent one..if Tariq would have died okay...but Reena didnt had to die at all. Doesnt make much sense.

And no Tommy isnt going anywhere...they can cancel the show asap if they think they can kill him. Dude is way too popular - hell he might be safer than Ghost right now lol.

Ray Ray fucked up...not because of Ghost but because of what Tommy might do with him once he knows what happened.

LotusHD

Banned
And Angela, through everything she does, somehow gets a promotion?

Because they don't know what the fuck to do with her character if she doesn't have her job anymore. Even though she would've lost it a long ass time ago...

One of the best episodes of the season.

Dre biting off more than he can chew. Sending a junior hit squad to take out Akuma (aka Kanan). Kanan will know it came from Dre, seeing as how he's the only one that knew of his return to the city.

Can't believe you feel that Reina of all people had to go

____

I think it was fine. Let the little shithead feel the pain of his actions. People speculated on Tariq's death incoming and were hoping for it but this hurts him worse. And Ghost even more for being unaware of what’s going on in his kids lives.

In life peoples innocent families are targeted to hurt the person they’re really after so it’s not completely out of place.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: When we talked a few weeks ago, you said there would be some big reactions to the final episodes. I’m sure a lot of that was in reference to what happens here to Raina. What went into the decision to kill her off?

COURTNEY A. KEMP: It had a lot to do with the inevitable, which was that Tariq was getting more and more over his head in dealing with a world he doesn’t understand. What are the natural consequence of messing with gangsters? You get hurt. And in this case, Tariq has also been raised in a family where lying is how it goes — this is what they do. What we also liked is this idea that Tariq has told his sister that he doesn’t want anyone to know, so she finds out and wants to tell mom, and he begs her, “Please, don’t tell anyone.” Well, she listens to him and it costs her her life. And I think that is a really kind of beautiful way to tell that story. She loves her brother, her brother loves her, but at the end of the day, Tariq is possessed with the need to individuate from his parents and it blows up in his face. Unfortunately, she’s the one who gets hurt.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The most obvious way for Raina to die would have been as a result of Ghost’s business. So what intrigued you about making it unconnected, and more interestingly, a result of the actions of her aspiring criminal twin brother?

COURTNEY A. KEMP: We wanted it to be about, the sins of the father that are visited upon the son and the daughter are really his neglect as a parent. Ghost’s self-involvement and his eye being elsewhere made him vulnerable to arrest and incarceration, and distracted from the family. And while all that was happening, Tariq was getting further and further into a life of crime. We wanted this story to really be about Tariq and, as a result, it’s about his rebellion against his father. So it’s about Ghost in one way, but in a lot of other ways it’s actually really about, “Are criminals born or are they made?” Nature versus nurture. We always said that Raina is a truly good character and, you know on Power, if you’re a good guy, you die. Whether you’re Shawn (Sinqua Walls), Greg (Andy Bean), Julio (J.R. Ramirez), if you’re a good guy, you’re probably going to get it on our show.

The decision to kill off the character isn’t hard because it’s the right decision… it’s the thing that would happen. Ghost is constantly fighting this idea that he’s a criminal, but he is. And it was the logical next progression in Tariq’s story; something he couldn’t change or take back would happen. Our show is not about power, it’s really about powerlessness. The idea that you don’t have power over what’s happening next no matter how much you think you do. So we wanted something that at this stage of the series would change everyone’s life forever.

Source

It was sad to see her go like that, but then again they never really did anything with her character anyway.

It was like 'so yeah, that daughter you see for 10 seconds an episode got killed'

Looking forward to the finale, is it next Sunday?

Gonna be great when ghost kills this goober Rayray
Although the way that interview was going it looks like Ghost is gonna die...

Dynomutt

wtf
GOT is 8 episodes only now?
Fuck that shit

On the last Power Episode:
so sad the most likeable Character is now gone. Broke my heart. She was a sweetheart

edit:
okay already talken about here openly, so i don't need a spoiler tag

8 episodes and "being talked".

Tariq failed the test to see if he would tell. If he didn't let his gf(ray ray's cousin) get him talking about it ray ray would've most likely let him be. But after failing that test with little push, ray ray probably figured riq would talk.

Kaizer

Banned
Tariq has been rivaling Zack from The Strain in terms of dumbass kid characters you want to see die & suffer in the worst way possible.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season finale is tonight!

You Can't Fix This

When tragedy befalls the St. Patrick family, Ghost and Tommy seek retribution. Tasha tries to keep things together at home. Meanwhile, Angela uses her own skills and resources to figure out what Ghost is hiding.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I know it's unlikely considering that it's Starz' biggest show, but Ghost, Tommy, and Kanan teaming up to take out Dre (and the Jimenez?) seems like final season level shit to me.

Bluth54

It's so weird this show skipped a new episode last week but has one this week, every other weekend show I watch skipped this week due to labor day.

Black_Stride

Tommys' "You fucking hear me you insect" line had me chuckling when i clearly shouldnt have been.
God damn it Tommy stop cracking me up at the wrong points.

Fuckin' Tariq.... dumb ass kid.

Everything could have been handled so much better, considering the fact that he knows what his parents are capable of, that if he had just turned to one of them, he wouldn't be rolling a shit covered snowball uphill. They could have handled this shit right... but kids will be kids. Gotta prove yourself and all that shit. :/

But next season gonna be LIT.
the team up of the Ghost, Tommy, and Kanaan to take down Dre and the Jiminez, while AUSA Valdez will now be trying to pursue, yet cover for Tasha (who is covering for Tariq) while the other AUSA's somehow try to pin it on "Ghost", and Tariq will find new levels up dumb ass kiddery to throw a wrench in his family's spokes, while probably doing everything he can to sabotage his mothers case to protect him, in the name of him being a "man" and taking the wrap for "street cred" or something stupid.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's so weird this show skipped a new episode last week but has one this week, every other weekend show I watch skipped this week due to labor day.

They did it to avoid going up against the Game of Thrones finale, but Power had been performing solidly against GoT all season, so it didn't really make sense for them to change things at the last second.

Tommys' "You fucking hear me you insect" line had me chuckling when i clearly shouldnt have been.

Same lol

HiiiLife

This has to be my new favorite show. Binged all 4 seasons over the span of 3 and a half weeks. Wish more people I knew I gave it a chance. Can't wait for season 5.

Tommy and Kanaan are still my favs but I can see the Teresi related scenes up there depending on where this show goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom