• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

This episode was so frustrating but so good. They should have just let Angela handle this. Ghost and Tasha are also really shitty unattentive parents. How the hell did Tariq get out of the house?

This episode was so frustrating but so good. They should have just let Angela handle this. Ghost and Tasha are also really shitty unattentive parents. How the hell did Tariq get out of the house?

Have you ever been in a house after someone in the family has been murdered? It's total chaos. People are everywhere. I say this from experience. Losing Tariq is much easier than you think

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im on the Fuck Tariq train in general...BUT...considering all the shit he did before, him "handling" the issue at the end was still good to see...stupid overall...but its not like Tommy and Ghost dont do stupid shit all the time.

Gotta say it was good to see Tommy, Ghost and Kanan at the end....damn Dre is fucked, next season will be lit.

lol...Ghost has killed who knows how many people but you expect him to stay put when someone kills his daughter ? Have we been watching the same show ?

LotusHD

Banned
It wasn't good to see, because now they're in some extra shit for next season for something that could've been easily avoided. If Tommy or especially Ghost had killed the cop, it would've been a lot more difficult for them to trace it back to them I'm guessing. Hell, Tariq probably could've gotten Kanan to just do it for him. I know that part of Tariq's character is that he's unbearably arrogant and distant to everyone, but I wish he had done that, or at least went with Kanan (Since apparently he, Ghost, and Tommy have more or less forgiven him, with Tariq having no qualms about calling him up) And maybe some of y'all are thinking that Kanan is the type of dude that would tell Tariq to be a man and do it himself, but I dunno, I feel like Tariq could have easily guilted him into doing it, he fucking owes him for putting his life in jeopardy and lying about his identity after all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It wasn't good to see, because now they're in some extra shit for next season for something that could've been easily avoided. If Tommy or especially Ghost had killed the cop, it would've been a lot more difficult for them to trace it back to them I'm guessing. Hell, Tariq probably could've gotten Kanan to just do it for him. I know that part of Tariq's character is that he's unbearably arrogant and distant to everyone, but I wish he had done that, or at least went with Kanan (Since apparently he, Ghost, and Tommy have more or less forgiven him, with Tariq having no qualms about calling him up) And maybe some of y'all are thinking that Kanan is the type of dude that would tell Tariq to be a man and do it himself, but I dunno, I feel like Tariq could have easily guilted him into doing it, he fucking owes him for putting his life in jeopardy and lying about his identity after all.

This wouldnt have resulted in a better story for the show though. These shows pretty much exist only to see the characters somehow get out of fucked up situations. Last season ended with Ghost getting fucked by Angie and ending up in Jail. Thats why we were anticipating the next season....same with this time...they have to handle Dre, Tariq will be sooner or later in big trouble because he killed that cop too...and we are gonna see what Tasha/Ghost are willing to do to save his ass.

Him letting Kanan handle this shit would have been smarter but would feel like a cop out considering the dirt Tariq already had on its hands after this seasons actions. He is now part of that life, that was the point of this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
DEADLINE: After the two-season pick-up you got for Power in July last year, this year’s finale and the colliding direction of Season 5, the question is if there is a lot power left in Power — or are you thinking of pulling the plug?

KEMP: That’s up to STARZ, but you know, I think I would like to make some really big moves. The plan is to make some huge moves and some huge cast changes in Season 5, for sure. So the show, at the very least, is going to transform into something slightly different as we go forward.

DEADLINE: A big death is in the offering for Season 5?

KEMP: Look, no one’s been safe on our show for quite some time, but obviously, the main characters have had longer lives. We are reaching the end of this journey, so the main characters are less safe than they have ever been before.

So, of course, it can get worse, because no one’s been caught for anything yet. You know, there’s always another way that things can go badly on Power, but then also there might be some great joy and some great success. People might come out ahead. I don’t know. Maybe two of our characters are going to fall back in love. Who knows?

DEADLINE: And, with that tease, how about you, are you thinking of handing over the showrunning reigns after Season 5?

KEMP: I would love to hand Power over fully, but I think if we’re not going to do too many more seasons, it’s probably best for me to stay on and finish what I started.

Source

LotusHD

Banned
This wouldnt have resulted in a better story for the show though. These shows pretty much exist only to see the characters somehow get out of fucked up situations. Last season ended with Ghost getting fucked by Angie and ending up in Jail. Thats why we were anticipating the next season....same with this time...they have to handle Dre, Tariq will be sooner or later in big trouble because he killed that cop too...and we are gonna see what Tasha/Ghost are willing to do to save his ass.

Him letting Kanan handle this shit would have been smarter but would feel like a cop out considering the dirt Tariq already had on its hands after this seasons actions. He is now part of that life, that was the point of this season.

That's subjective, because I dunno about the subplot of Tasha having to take the fall being something I'm actually interested in seeing, but whatever. And it's not like we need that subplot either. We got Dre as a main antagonist for Season 5, who weaseled his way into becoming a legitimate threat towards Ghost and co. By the way, I really liked his arc where he goes from this dude that you're somewhat sympathetic towards due to Kanan, and later Tommy, threatening his life (with Kanan also threatening his daughter) repeatedly, to him gradually being fucking fed up with the both of them, and then ends up seeking power for himself. He's the enemy now, but you sort of get where he's coming from regarding his deception. And then they're also bringing back that woman (I don't remember who she is at all) who knows Ghost, so Ghost's ass is gonna get investigated again anyways it seems. That said, I don't really hate it, I just dislike the fact that we had to have Tariq do yet another idiotic thing in order to create said subplot, especially with there being better alternatives regarding handling the corrupt cop. As for someone else killing the cop being a cop out, I disagree. I feel like the point of him being "now part of that life" has been more than made with Raina dying due to his actions this season. Hell, that was clear from the moment Jukebox died. That said, I'm not surprised he ended up killing someone. I guess I just wished he didn't use his mom's gun to do it lmao

Also said subplot may potentially further shit on Angela's character (Though the damage has been long done I suppose), who pretends like she's this woman that actually cares about doing her damn job, and yet has no qualms about looking the other way when it comes to helping out Ghost and his family, or really anything that inconveniences her. Just really annoyed me when she helped out Tasha real quick, but is now seemingly set up to go and investigate them all over again next season. (Because let's be real, it's very obvious to her that the murder must be connected to Ghost, not to mention they let her find the bullet instead of some random person) Like damn, we just got through with this. It's the "right" thing to do, but for the viewers it is extremely frustrating to see her continue to be so wishy-washy. If you want to leave Ghost and his family alone, then stick to that already. If you want to put him behind bars, then do that. Decide already.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i don't know how she is gonna get off on self defence seeing as the body is gone. it's going to be interesting to see how they get out of this one. too many people know whats going on.

and the newly formed bash brothers are about to take down dre and an entire cartel aren't they?
Ghost, not to mention they let her find the bullet instead of some random person)

I think that bullet in the wall is ray rays gun. Which will lead them no where for a while. they purposely did not show who missed their shot.

so if angela doesn't say anything they should be in the clear. ray rays cousin talking to tommy might be a problem though.

i don't know how she is gonna get off on self defence seeing as the body is gone. it's going to be interesting to see how they get out of this one. too many people know whats going on.

and the newly formed bash brothers are about to take down dre and an entire cartel aren't they?

I think that bullet in the wall is ray rays gun.
Which will lead them no where for a while. they purposely did not show who missed their shot.

so if angela doesn't say anything they should be in the clear. ray rays cousin talking to tommy might be a problem though.
Damn it, they're going to do that aren't they. There's always a way that Ghost gets out of everything. I need real consequences next season. Raina dying felt like an afterthought.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Damn it, they're going to do that aren't they. There's always a way that Ghost gets out of everything. I need real consequences next season. Raina dying felt like an afterthought.

50cent was saying how the show will probably go 7 seasons, so whatever consequences happen next season i dont expect anything big in the immediate family. they still have the public image plotline to work with the politicians. any real consequence and that whole plot goes away.

maybe something happens to tommy or kanan though. i think 50cent is on BET now with some other show, they might kill him off so he has time to focus on that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L + SD ratings:

Season 1:

Episode 1: 462K
Episode 2: 614K
Episode 3: 472K
Episode 4: 557K
Episode 5: 528K
Episode 6: 745K
Episode 7: 754K
Episode 8: 1.08 million

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.42 million
Episode 2: 1.11 million
Episode 3: 1.14 million
Episode 4: 1.30 million
Episode 5: 1.24 million
Episode 6: 1.24 million
Episode 7: 1.25 million
Episode 8: 1.04 million
Episode 9: 1.36 million
Episode 10: 1.53 million

Season 3:

Episode 1: 2.26 million
Episode 2: 1.74 million
Episode 3: 1.87 million
Episode 4: 1.72 million
Episode 5: 1.80 million
Episode 6: 2.10 million
Episode 7: 1.83 million
Episode 8: 1.98 million
Episode 9: 2.03 million
Episode 10: 2.00 million

Season 4:

Episode 1: 1.68 million
Episode 2: 1.44 million
Episode 3: 1.72 million
Episode 4: 1.72 million
Episode 5: 1.79 million
Episode 6: 1.83 million
Episode 7: 1.69 million
Episode 8: 1.81 million
Episode 9: 1.90 million
Episode 10: 2.00 million

To date, the season has been averaging 8.8 million viewers per episode across all platforms, which is a 10% rise over season 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom