• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Found 20$ on the ground. What's your policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPIA

Keep it unless I can visibly see the owner or its a duffle bag full of it.
Found a old strange coin once lying on the ground.
Looked it up when I got home and it was somewhat rare and worth $44 bucks at the time (2008'ish).
I pity whoever dropped it but if you're carrying around a valuable coin in a grocery store and drop it that's your fault.
If it was someone's lucky coin I think it ran out of luck.

Keep it.

tumblr_mxvc2mDPiL1sm4vn1o1_500.gif

dekline

I found $40 in a walmart parking lot once. I felt like christ on the 40th day after resurrecting.

I think I bought beer and food with it.

I would have taken it without thinking twice about it.

I found $40 in a walmart parking lot once. I felt like christ on the 40th day after resurrecting.

I think I bought beer and food with it.

Man, that avatar makes me legit lol every single time I see it.

kiri

Take the money, usually.

But since I am in Japan, hand it in like the good citizen I am.

Seriously, I left about $1000 in a Starbucks here once and it was returned to me 30 minutes later, all there.

If I just randomly find it with no ID then I look around and if someone claims it i'll just give it to them. Not gonna lose any sleep over a 20.

If there's ID I'll get it to em somehow.

If I see it dropping in real time I'll run up to em and return their money. Did that about a year ago to some woman at a train station. Bunch of cash dumped out her purse. She was shocked as shit that someone would give it back to her and she said I was so nice for doing so. That was a reward unto itself and worth far more to me than cash.

PSY・S;157773556 said:
Since there was no one around I'd wait a few minutes to see if anyone came looking for it. If not, then pocket it. I wouldn't go around asking because I wouldn't trust people who weren't there to be honest about losing it.

Pretty much.

If it's just a loose bill, I keep it. Although I've never found more than $20, so I dunno how my thought process would change if I found $100+.

mackattk

$20? Take it. It isn't enough for most of anybody to really worry over. Good luck trying to find the "rightful" owner.

Machine

Less than $100? Keep it. More than that, turn it in to the police. If you turn it in to a business or property owner, it will probably be pocketed by them. My local police department publishes a list of all found property. One of the things you have to provide to recover the property is the amount so don't tell anyone how much you found or they could just go claim it for themselves.

iMax

Obviously hand it in to a member of authority/police/whatever. Can't really fathom doing anything else.

Zona

Unless I see someone drop it or someone comes up to me soon after asking if I've seen it it's mine.

Pharaun

I'll pick it up and hang around for a little bit to see if anyone comes looking for it. If no one is obviously looking for it after a few then I keep it and move the right along.

legacyzero

Banned
My rule is, if you saw the act of the drop, tell the person and give it back. If its there, and nobody around, and you did not witness the activity? Well its yours.

Some pf these are case-by-case. If you somehow end up with an extra burger in your BK bag, its yours.

If the cashier accidently gives you an extra $10 in change? Give that shit back. That could mean their job.

If the back mistakenly puts $10k in your account, report that shit or FBI is on your ass.

Pick it up and if no one is around to claim, sounds like someone just bought you a small pizza and a game rental at Blockbuster for the weekend! Friday WOO!

bebop242

found 20 bucks at a train station years ago. Looked around, didn't see anyone, pocketed the money and never looked back.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I walked out of the swimming pool through a side door and seen the green 20 CAD. I looked in both directions, and there was nobody. Given that there was no clear owner, I pocketed it.

What do you guys do when you find money on the ground? Do you give it to the nearest establishment? Whats the most youve found?

Paypal me the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom