• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - Jin, Devil Jin and Josie revealed.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jin and Devil Jin reveal trailer. Jin will be released on the 31/03/2015, Devil Jin on the 07/04/2015.

http://i.pomf.se/xanyjr.mp4

Josie reveal trailer. Uses Muay Thai so RIP Bruce. Will be released 'soon'

http://i.pomf.se/ocfdqk.mp4

Special Thanks to Flying Wonkey.

EDIT:

official trailers for these characters

Jin

Devil Jin

Josie

jintekken7x2uw2.jpg

deviljintekken7wpu5h.jpg

josietekken7kousa.jpg

Jin looks great. Don't know how I feel about Josie. Her fighting style is cool, but her default outfit is kinda meh. (I don't know if I the "bunny ear" hair ribbon is cute or dumb.)

I hope we get another new dude too, and I don't mean the Bane wannabe. And Miguel. Miguel now please.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't like how Josie's default costume clearly clips through her breast in her intro pose. The costume is eh enough as it is, but that just looks kind of tacky. Her fighting style looks cool though.

HeelPower

Is there as single new move in Jin's trailer ?

Looks boring as faq..even his Ultra is actually present in TTT2...If you have an item equiped and throw an enemy at the end of the round.

Not feeling T7 at all.

Sayah

REALLY loving Devil Jin and Josie.

Is there as single new move in Jin's trailer ?

Looks boring as faq..even his Ultra is actually present in TTT2...If you have an item equiped and throw an enemy at the end of the round.

Not feeling T7 at all.

Are you serious with this?

There's new animations for Jin and they're very clearly present.
If you're familiar with Jin's old moveset, then you would know.
Josie's fighting style is so sick. Her outfit and personality are at odds with it however.

Exactly how I feel.
But fighting style is dayum fast/ferocious/hard-hitting good.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jin changes:

d/b+2,3 - Ends with an axe-kick type move that hits grounded. Similar to Evil Ryu's Ryusokyaku in regards to animation.

EWHF - Now does Tailspin on normal hit.

d/f+1,4 - Tailspin

Standing 4 - Tailspin

Power Crush - b+2+3(?) - Can be used as a combo ender too

Rage Art - Essentially his special item move in TTT2

Pachimari

Oh, just learned Josie Rizal is Filipino so she will automatically be my new main going forward.

Harada actually listened then. I have been tweeting him a few times a year for a Filipino character and made a Facebook support group at one point lol.

Fredrik

Wow this looks fantastic! I have barely followed Tekken 7 at all lately but they've really come a long way since the initial showcase. One more game to add on the day 1 list. They need to borrow Soul Calibur's "soft engine" though, but there is still time for that, I think, when's the console release? And PC?

ss_lemonade

Oh, just learned Josie Rizal is Filipino so she will automatically be my new main going forward.

Harada actually listened then. I have been tweeting him a few times a year for a Filipino character and made a Facebook support group at one point lol.
I figured that too from her name (a play on Jose Rizal). They should have gotten a native Pilipino VA though

AAK

Did she speak Tagalog in that trailer for her intro pose? I couldn't hear it right. If not that's weird considering how every other character in the game gets to speak their native tongue.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wow this looks fantastic! I have barely followed Tekken 7 at all lately but they've really come a long way since the initial showcase. One more game to add on the day 1 list. They need to borrow Soul Calibur's "soft engine" though, but there is still time for that, I think, when's the console release? And PC?

No word on console release date or if it will be released on PC. I'll give it one year.

Shredderi

Josie replacing Bruce? Ouch. Her fighting style itself is pretty cool actually, but the character looks like garbage. I can't believe it, but I actually like Lucky Chloe more :D

ss_lemonade

Did she speak Tagalog in that trailer for her intro pose? I couldn't hear it right. If not that's weird considering how every other character in the game gets to speak their native tongue.
I think she just says "I got this". Would be cool though if she spoke tagalog

Fredrik

No word on console release date or if it will be released on PC. I'll give it one year.
Gah that's too long! Haven't seen an arcade machine in years where I live other than the Raspberry Pi cabinet I built myself, arcades are dead and buried over here. :(

Why did she cry at the end? The hell

Yeah, that win pose came out of left field. One second she's wagging her finger confidently at the opponent, the next she's on the ground crying. Why.

Reminds me of Xianghua throwing a temper tantrum like a child in SC...even as a grown @$$ woman.

Pachimari

Yeah, that win pose came out of left field. One second she's wagging her finger confidently at the opponent, the next she's on the ground crying. Why.

Reminds me of Xianghua throwing a temper tantrum like a child in SC...even as a grown @$$ woman.
Filipinos are very emotional, maybe that's were they got the inspiration. But the crying is extreme.

Skunkers

I used to play really competitively back in TTT, T4, and T5 days. Been out of the loop for a long while. Just noticed bound is gone, I think I'll be back for T7!

What's with the weird moves that look like they have armor (not the rage art supers)? Looked like Jin was interrupted while back turned but his move came out anyway.

"Josie Rizal" as a name a bit egregious. Why on earth is she using Muay Thai? To cover all the ASEAN bases?

Speechless at her crying at the end, too. She may as well be making the sign of the cross and saying "Thank you, Lord!"

Creaking

Tears of joy

Those were some whiny tears of joy. Aren't tears of joy usually accompanied by silence?

Tekken: never below extreme.

It's vulnerability, to make you want to protect Lara Josie.

Filipinos are very emotional, maybe that's were they got the inspiration. But the crying is extreme.

I don't think that's the reason.

I think they were just trying to forcibly make her more "kawaii" at the expense of consistency and design. The cosplayer even mimicked the crying during the stream much to the joy of Harada and co. I believe the word "kawaii" was actually used.

Pachimari

I think they were just trying to forcibly make her more "kawaii" at the expense of consistency and design. The cosplayer even mimicked the crying during the stream much to the joy of Harada and co. I believe the word "kawaii" was actually used.
I think so too yeah.

Creaking

I think they were just trying to forcibly make her more "kawaii". The cosplayer even mimicked the crying during the stream much to the joy of Harada and co.

I have this lingering conspiratorial notion in the back of my head that the official cosplay is a heavy factor in the designs and personalities of the new female cast.

I mean, call me when they get an official Jin cosplayer.

Top Bottom