• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F” Spoiler Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he?

father-son-kamehameha.gif

Did he really?
Goku wasn't actually there.

Yes, he did.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Because in all those other anime except for maybe Naruto, the supporting characters actually get important fights and are allowed to beat their enemies. In DBZ, Goku is a one-man army and all the other characters just job until he comes to save the day. It gets boring.

Even when goku isn't the strongest or even the one who saves the day... he's the one who saves the day.

See: Cell Saga.

Gohan beats Cell.

<Gohan> Thanks dad!
<Everyone> Thanks Goku!
<Trunks> Thanks father, and you gohan, and ESPECIALLY you Goku!

In the Buu Saga, Goku's weaker than Gotenks and Gohan at the end, but gets to land the killing blow anyways. And it's through Vegeta's planning and Mr Satan's charisma that the world is saved, actually. In fact, Goku held back against Buu instead of trying to kill him waaaay early on. And then he held back against Kid Buu to give Vegeta a turn. They need to use the dragon balls to restore Goku's power so he can do what he should have done in the first place. He still gets called a hero.
THANKS GOKU.

BoG he gets his ass kicked, Vegeta does better than him, but he gets the God power up. THANKS GOKU.

Revival of F he gets his ass kicked, Vegeta does better than him, Whis ALTERS TIME ITSELF and lets Goku get the win. THANKS GOKU.

When goku wins, THANKS Goku.
When Goku dies, THANKS GOKU.
When goku lets the villain win, THANKS GOKU.
When Goku is outclassed by other fighters, THANKS GOKU!

When Shikamaru avenged Asuma, Asuma's ghost didn't say "THANKS NARUTO!"

KHlover

Banned
Did he?

father-son-kamehameha.gif

Did he really?

Yes he did, Son-Goku only gave mental support from the Otherworld. If you want to contest Gohan's victory here, why don't you post an image of Vegeta distracting Cell with a Ki Blast to the back of his head when he was just about to overpower Gohan completely? :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm more upset at how much of a loser Gohan has become. Does Toriyama hate him or something? Do Japanese fans hate him? I'm watching Kai and holy shit is Gohan awesome in the Cell Saga. The first to go Super Saiyan 2 and he kills Cell with a ONE-HANDED KAMEHAMEHA. The kid was the shit.

I'm curious if Toriyama has offered an explanation on this. I'm too lazy to go look.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
iirc he said he tried to make Gohan the new main character but ultimately he didn't feel like Gohan had the right "stuff" or whatever

Yeah I know that much but I mean any recent comments about it and if he knows fans who like him are dissatisfied.

Zekes!

I've always wondered, if Gohan was supposed to be have this innate power because of his mixed-heritage, shouldn't Goten and have the same potential?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wondered, if Gohan was supposed to be have this innate power because of his mixed-heritage, shouldn't Goten and have the same potential?

yes, that's why he and Trunks could go SSJ at age 4

I'm more upset at how much of a loser Gohan has become. Does Toriyama hate him or something? Do Japanese fans hate him? I'm watching Kai and holy shit is Gohan awesome in the Cell Saga. The first to go Super Saiyan 2 and he kills Cell with a ONE-HANDED KAMEHAMEHA. The kid was the shit.

RIGHT!? gohan used to be my favorite character but toriyama turned him into a fucking dweeb man -_- idc tho, teen gohan>all.

NeonZ

Vegeta is the only other character in the series that enjoys fighting as much as Goku. They're rivals, just because Goku is better doesn't mean Vegeta wont keep pushing himself or is content to fall further behind.

Tenshinhan was talking about training just to see his own limits years before Vegeta realized that that was Goku's motivation, rather than fighting for others or to surpass someone else. Tenshinhan is just condemned to irrelevancy for not being a Saiyan.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

We can be upset together! Mod-sanctioned defense force!

I thought the reason everyone expected more of Vegeta was because of a comment Toriyama made in the past.

Despite how horrible this sounds (the finishing moment, I mean) I can't say I'm too surprised. The actual series are another thing, but when it comes to the movies I can't say I've ever heard of a situation where the main character wasn't the one who dealt the finishing blow or who got the final battle. Even in those shitty Hunter x Hunter movies Gon was the one to finish it, and in the grand scheme of things he really sucks.

At least he gets some time to shine before he gets bodied. Piccolo, the only character in the cast who isn't a complete idiot, is a babysitter by the last season. Meanwhile, Goku is holding back against everyone putting the world in jeopardy, Vegeta has some insecurity problems putting the world in jeopardy, Gohan becomes the strongest character ever and proceeds fails horribly, and the two kids are just awful. DBZ characters just dont know how to get shit done.

Astral

At least he gets some time to shine before he gets bodied. Piccolo, the only character in the cast who isn't a complete idiot, is a babysitter by the last season. Meanwhile, Goku is holding back against everyone putting the world in jeopardy, Vegeta has some insecurity problems putting the world in jeopardy, Gohan becomes the strongest character ever and proceeds fails horribly, and the two kids are just awful. DBZ characters just dont know how to get shit done.

That's true. My friends and I are always laughing about how many people wouldn't have had to die if the Z fighters would just stop eating shit.

Gohan was always a dweeb. He just had the excuse of being a little kid at first.

i should rephrase that i guess, yes he always had some dweeb in him but when it was time to get serious he'd get serious. he lost that after the cell saga, just became a full on dweeb. i don't know what other's opinion on the great sayiaman are but i hate it, flat out hate everything about it. full potential unlocked was pretty cool, we just never see it though. its just always "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!" with him now, i mean look at his design in this movie, freaking awful. not a fan

KHlover

Banned
I was gonna say above all at least Krillin didn't die but uh yeah...earth blows up...again.

Really unfair if you think about it. Krillin gets shat on for dying so often, but half the time it's when some asshole decides to just blow the entire planet up, the first time he was killed becaused he was exhausted from the tournament and couldn't fight back (or just straight up murdered from behind, manga isn't exactly clear about this) - that very same monster would then go on and beat the shit out of Goku for the same reason. Pretty much the same on Namek.

The only DB character who should be ridiculed for their death is and stays Yamcha. What a loser.

Tizoc

Wow...
I am playing Final Fantasy 9 when it JUST HITS ME
Zidane-ffix-trance.png

OK It's pink/purple but it looked red to me, and Zidane's Trance form was a callback to SSJ4 in a way.

Karsha

A bit OT but anyone knows why in the anime and every other media possible Goku appears as SSJ to help Gohan while in the original manga he appears normal? It always bothered me as a scene, makes it all more ambiguous if he was there for real or just a ghost

trixx

So if they were to make a new series, how would you guys/girls structure it? I'm not even sure if I would want these movies to be canon. I'd probably say start from after the Cell saga, and focus on small cast where every character gets their sign and all have their quirks. Goku can still be main character but not as much emphasis on him. Or perhaps new cast/universe entirely.

Check this thread out, Goku fanboys trying to deflect the fact that Goku stole the kill like a lil' bitch while Vegeta took care of the business. Goku didn't even have the decency to allow Vegeta to finish what he started when he went back in time, had to be the glory hunter as always. Goku, attention whore since 1980 something.

Toriyama needs to write the story and have someone proof read it, being serious here if he wants to avoid the many plot holes he has opened up. From the sounds of it, Freiza seems to be more of a training exercise for Vegeta and Goku more than an actual battle. Whis has an insane power level, was his not double that of SS God Goku? Whis could take out anyone but he's just this guy floating around, eating cakes because if he fought someone the movies would probably end in 2 minutes. Why bring in such a powerful character for the lulz? Does not make sense.

Vegeta was only winning because Goku had weakened him. Even if Vegeta got the kill it would have been due to coming 2nd. It's not like he fought a fresh Freiza.

He needed Vegeta and Goku's help because he got hurt saving Vegeta's stupid ass. And the Cell fight was clearly Gohan's coming out fight. It was supposed to be the fight that turns him into the hero of the series for good. Even Goku died a stupid and unnecessary death to make sure he doesn't steal the spotlight from Gohan.

At every stage of Gohan's life, Gohan was far more powerful than Goku ever was at the same age and this was true right up till the end of the final Buu fight.

Going by that logic, Goten should be better than Gohan. He was stronger at the same age as kid Gohan.

What? With the sole exception of Freeza (only after becoming Super Saiyan) Goku never wins a single battle against the main villains on his own. With Vegeta he needed Gohan, Krillin, and Yajirobe to end the fight. Cell was Gohan plus the rest of the cast. With Buu he needed Vegeta to hold off Buu and Mr. Satan to get the people of earth to donate energy to the Spirit Bomb. The movies and the original series are the only places I've ever seen the one-man army Goku.

Also, Vegeta and the others beat a number of lesser enemies though out the series. So, yeah, I'm not seeing the problem here.

Vegeta fan boys are angry for some reason. It's like they didn't watch Dragon Ball. Goku is the hero and the show is about him.

Vegeta is the only other character in the series that enjoys fighting as much as Goku. They're rivals, just because Goku is better doesn't mean Vegeta wont keep pushing himself or is content to fall further behind.

Goku enjoys fighting. Vegeta only likes fighting to serve his ego/pride. He's the prince and feels superior to everyone else therefore he must be the best and that is why he trains. Goku trains and fights because he just really loves it and loves seeing how far he can take it. There's a subtle difference, but that's the reason that was given why Goku has been superior to Vegeta the whole time. That's what Vegeta finally realized at the end of the Buu saga.

Really unfair if you think about it. Krillin gets shat on for dying so often, but half the time it's when some asshole decides to just blow the entire planet up, the first time he was killed becaused he was exhausted from the tournament and couldn't fight back (or just straight up murdered from behind, manga isn't exactly clear about this) - that very same monster would then go on and beat the shit out of Goku for the same reason. Pretty much the same on Namek.

The only DB character who should be ridiculed for their death is and stays Yamcha. What a loser.

Krillin didn't die because he was exhausted. Goku beat him without really trying and that was due to a ring out after he had enough. Goku was exhausted because he had just had a grueling fight against Tien and had nothing to eat.

guek

Banned
Goku enjoys fighting. Vegeta only likes fighting to serve his ego/pride. He's the prince and feels superior to everyone else therefore he must be the best and that is why he trains. Goku trains and fights because he just really loves it and loves seeing how far he can take it. There's a subtle difference, but that's the reason that was given why Goku has been superior to Vegeta the whole time. That's what Vegeta finally realized at the end of the Buu saga.
What. No. Vegeta loves fighting. The two love fighting for different reasons but Vegeta clearly keeps training after DBZ knowing he'll never be the best again. He continues to train because he's a pure blooded saiyan and all saiyans love fighting.

That reminds me, I always hated how GT portrayed Vegeta and Goku's relationship. I could never put my finger quite on why but I knew a lot of it had to do with how Vegeta was still so bitter about being weaker. iirc, there's even a whole shitty episode devoted to Vegeta rehashing the past and crying about it. I have my gripes with what AT did with the series after DBZ ended but after battle of the gods and the Abo-Cado short, I can safely say that Toriyama's depiction of their rivalry fueled friendship feels exactly like I want it to.

What. No. Vegeta loves fighting. The two love fighting for different reasons but Vegeta clearly keeps training after DBZ knowing he'll never be the best again. He continues to train because he's a pure blooded saiyan and all saiyans love fighting.

That reminds me, I always hated how GT portrayed Vegeta and Goku's relationship. I could never put my finger quite on why but I knew a lot of it had to do with how Vegeta was still so bitter about being weaker. iirc, there's even a whole shitty episode devoted to Vegeta rehashing the past and crying about it. I have my gripes with what AT did with the series after DBZ ended but after battle of the gods and the Abo-Cado short, I can safely say that Toriyama's depiction of their rivalry fueled friendship feels exactly like I want it to.

What I meant to say is that the reason why they push themselves to the limit differs. Vegeta strives to be the best and part of the reason why he wants to be the best is because he feels superior to someone like Goku and others. Goku on the other hand loves to fight to push himself as far as he can go. He just flat out enjoys the challenge.

The difference is what also caused Vegeta to beat up on people weaker than him. He saw himself as superior and enjoyed the thrill of asserting his dominance.

It's a subtle difference, but very key. The Cell fight was a good example. He let Cell reach his perfect form because he wanted to show that he was stronger. Goku would have probably let Cell transform as well, but because he would give him a better fight to test himself.

I asked a friend to keep me posted on the spoilers today while I was at work. Got a text an hour or two ago reading "goku wins lol"

Tells me all I need to know :|

munchie64

I asked a friend to keep me posted on the spoilers today while I was at work. Got a text an hour or two ago reading "goku wins lol"

Tells me all I need to know :|
Before he goes Golden, Freeza gets his ass kicked

He goes Gold and starts winning.

It becomes clear that Golden Freeza has the same weakness as before(he has an issue with stamina fighting at max power)

Goku tries to take advantage of this but gets beaten by Golden Freeza (though part of it was being caught off guard by Sorbet)

Vegeta steps in and gives Goku a senzu and then fights Freeza instead.

Vegeta is winning but then Freeza blows up Earth thus killing Vegeta(Goku survives because he's over hanging out with Whis while watching Vegeta fight and he made a barrier)

Whis uses his power to go back 3 minutes in time so Goku can finish Freeza off with a Kamehameha before he gets to blow up Earth.

CBWTtaGU8AAC33I.jpg

Still waiting for the Kanzenshuu summary before I go crazy.

Check this shit out, Goku literally touches Vegeta every chance he gets. Goku was so excited to fuse with him as well in the Buu Saga, see how they went frontal during the fusion? Check out Vegetas face and then see Gokus, the latter is fucking smitten goddamn. I want this movie summary to happen soon, for example when and how Vegeta hit god mode. Bet he didn't even need the help of another 5 Saiyans unlike Goku, the dude was taking energy from a pregnant woman the sick fuck no wonder Pan ended up all shitty.

Edit - Tried being smart and googled goku and vegeta, first site and it's pic after pic of Goku and Vegeta together, with one of them pregnant in each picture.

giphy.gif

Forgot to add SSJ and my eyes are paying for that right about now, these 'artists' are fucked up and require help.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
CBWTtaGU8AAC33I.jpg

Still waiting for the Kanzenshuu summary before I go crazy.

Vegeta is so cute HAHAHA

but anyway, its really time to give Vegeta a break. Dude's been training forever, give him something man. He's the guy who's working extra hard in class, but never overtake the smartest guy in class who always nap in class.

guek

Banned
What I meant to say is that the reason why they push themselves to the limit differs. Vegeta strives to be the best and part of the reason why he wants to be the best is because he feels superior to someone like Goku and others. Goku on the other hand loves to fight to push himself as far as he can go. He just flat out enjoys the challenge.

The difference is what also caused Vegeta to beat up on people weaker than him. He saw himself as superior and enjoyed the thrill of asserting his dominance.

It's a subtle difference, but very key. The Cell fight was a good example. He let Cell reach his perfect form because he wanted to show that he was stronger. Goku would have probably let Cell transform as well, but because he would give him a better fight to test himself.
You're describing Vegeta throughout dbz, not Vegeta post-dbz

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
A bit OT but anyone knows why in the anime and every other media possible Goku appears as SSJ to help Gohan while in the original manga he appears normal? It always bothered me as a scene, makes it all more ambiguous if he was there for real or just a ghost

Goku looks flashy in SSJ mode. Since the promotional media and anime are not canon its ok for them to do so to make such changes to make things look nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom