• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kiefer's role as Snake has an agenda behind it. Confirmed by Troy Baker

gafneo

Banned
In an interview on Yongyea's theorist channel, Troy Baker gave a few hints about the controversial nature surrounding the game MgsV TTP, plus a reassurence that Kiefer's portial of Snake has reasoning behind it. Fans should rest easy.

Here is the video. Analyse it how you will
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKHWVH-YH-Q

Ishida

Banned
Of course it has an agenda.Kojima's ever growing obsession with Hollywood and the desire to have a "big name" attached to the franchise.

Kindekuma

Banned
OP it's a 45 minute video, can you give me a time stamp for when this is explicitly said?

Edit: Apparently Troy is in the interview less than 20 minutes lol. Also it's about 15 and a half minutes in.

Squire

Banned
Was there ever any doubt?

A lot of people seemed to be genuinely under the impression his casting was a completely shallow move on the part of Kojima, Konami, or both.

Yes, there was quite a bit of doubt, I think.

Of course it has an agenda.Kojima's ever growing obsession with Hollywood and the desire to have a "big name" attached to the franchise.

And there it is.

Serioisly, people can't decide if Kojima is a visionary or a film school wannabe.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The reason is when Solid Snake fights against Big Boss David Hayter obviously can't voice both.

#TeamA

It sounded more like he was just saying that Kiefer did a really good job and for Hayter lovers to play the game before shitting on Kiefer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Troy Baker is the real Big Boss.

gafneo

Banned
But of course. I just hope it doesnt play into that stupid Grey Fox theory.

Lol, I believe that theory. That would kick ass IMO. If it's not about Gray Fox you probably are playing as a test clone. Kojima likes Bible references. Snake's first creations would be failed Devils in the likeness of the creator.

Falcs

Banned
Common guys, how much clearer does David Hayter himself have to be about not being at all in MGS 5?
He's not going to be Solid Snake. Kojima ditched him for Kiefer because he wanted a Hollywood actor.
That's it.
That's all there is to it.

And now Konami's ditched Kojima! Gwee! Karma!! :D

april fool's?

i knew hayter would voice a young solid snake all along

also, how can fans rest easy after what has happened to Kojima and KojiPro.

Apt101

Wait, so the game is going to end with the confrontation between Snake and Big Boss in Outer Heaven or is this just speculation? Because that could be one of the most fantastic things ever.

jonno394

Beat final boss. Suddenly the game screen pans out as oap solid snake takes off his occulus rift through which we have been playing the game.

"Kept you waiting huh" says David Hayter and suddenly we realise we've been playing as Hayter Snake all along /shyamalan

Sn4ke_911

Bigger meaning or not: I like how Kiefer sounds as Snake. So Im happy either way

So do I. I really like what I've heard so far from Kiefer Boss. He especially nails those dramatic lines like:

"When the time comes, I'll pull the trigger"

Troy also says in that video Kiefer knocks it out the park.

Houndi101

We had this whole theory/speculation about how Venom and Punished Snake are two different persons.

Other one is Medic (referenced by Kaz with: "What about him?" after plastic surgery and been brainwashed to think he's Big Boss or has amnesia. That's why he has a bandage covering the eye that Big Boss already lost once way back when.
Medic has been running around while the real Big Boss is in coma. This all would be done by Cipher/Zero/Patriots to abuse Big Bosses cult like following.

This is probably totally false though.

gafneo

Banned
So do I. I really like what I've heard so far from Kiefer Boss. He especially nails those dramatic lines like:

"When the time comes, I'll pull the trigger"

Troy also says in that video Kiefer knocks it out the park.

I don't mind either. I just want to know what the twist will be at the end. Kojima mentioned Snake had one recovery, but in Peacewalker, he had also recovered years before the Omega accident. To me that sounds like a double. Otherwise player 2 in co-op mode will have a fleshed out story this time. Didn't PW have 4 Snakes in one level?

Sn4ke_911

It's happening!

Haha oh man it's going to be a happy crow eating day when it's finally revealed that Hayter is indeed in TPP.

I said this since the very beginning when they said there will be a new Snake voice. I never believed their bullshit excuses like we had to change the voice actor because of new face and mo-cap technik. Yeah, right.

Mr_L

Idk, he said" He's doing something different and its going to make sense." That was very hinty.

He was referring to Kiefer's interpretation of the character being different while still being logical to the character. This is a common idea when it comes to acting and portraying a role that others have played in the past. It is not a hint.

Rajang

Haha oh man it's going to be a happy crow eating day when it's finally revealed that Hayter is indeed in TPP.

I said this since the very beginning when they said there will be a new Snake voice. I never believed their bullshit excuses like we had to change the voice actor because of new face and mo-cap technik. Yeah, right.

lX2e77Q.gif

Top Bottom