• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

BFCy58kCcAArTyP.jpg:large

The Clearyoffs are Soon.

bYtixQm.jpg

leafs-jersey.gif

Off Season Thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1027696

Playoffs Thread:Soon.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ahh, early April. The time of year when Ducks Nation sits back and watches the plebeians fight amongst themselves for that last Wild Card spot.

tumblr_ls9gniQ9BF1qe45d7.gif

Are we playing Winnipeg or LA? We'll know soon.

calder

Ahh, early April. The time of year when Ducks Nation sits back and watches the plebeians fight amongst themselves for that last Wild Card spot.

tumblr_ls9gniQ9BF1qe45d7.gif

Are we playing Winnipeg or LA? We'll know soon.

When the Jets slide right on our of the 'yoffs (perhaps this week!) are you guys going to bother pretending you didn't care either way? We certainly won't be insulted by any fans that openly admit they'd rather play the Jets and start the series down 0-2 then play the fucking Kings.

Cake Boss

Banned
I lost my Stone love post.

Mark Stone is a good guy at hockey.

Only 1 point behind Turris in leading all forwards in points.

rsWYFtB.png

Calamari41

41 > 38
When the Jets slide right on out of the 'yoffs (perhaps this week!) are you guys going to bother pretending you didn't care either way? We certainly won't be insulted by any fans that openly admit they'd rather play the Jets and start the series down 0-2 then play the fucking Kings.

Oh I definitely care, but not because of the potential ease of victory. As you said in the past, thanks to Boudreau I think that we have to be considered at least slight underdogs overall no matter who we play.

I don't want to play the Kings in the first round because dealing with Kings fans makes watching hockey a chore rather than something entertaining. Especially when you have to deal with them in person.

Jets fans won't call your wife a cunt and then sit back and ask their buddy why the ref blew the whistle.
(it was icing)

Oh I definitely care, but not because of the potential ease of victory. As you said in the past, thanks to Boudreau I think that we have to be considered at least slight underdogs overall no matter who we play.

I don't want to play the Kings in the first round because dealing with Kings fans makes watching hockey a chore rather than something entertaining. Especially when you have to deal with them in person.

Jets fans won't call your wife a cunt and then sit back and ask their buddy why the ref blew the whistle.
(it was icing)

That's because Canadians have a reputation for being overly nice. You can bet that Jets fans are thinking the same thing they just won't say it. =P

All right, a new thread. I'll still be clinging to the hope that Winnipeg will buck up, win the rest of their games and make the playoffs.

ShaneB

April is a pretty good month.

Excited for the playoffs to get started, hoping the Caps bump up the division to play the Pens or Islanders.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Start the playoffs already, and let's get this 2nd round collapse over with.

36 posts per day? seems reasonable
Our personal junior scout.

For people who know / like Bill Burr:

@BillBurr said:
Montreal!! pre-sale for JFL Festival July 22/23 starts tomorrow. Pre-sale code: BRUINS.
:lol pretty good troll

Hockey-GAF, what do you think I should get for Club Nintendo rewards? I'm going for a whole game, and I already have Punch-Out and SMG 2. So far I'm narrowing my decision towards Mario Golf 3D, Animal Crossing, Ultimate NES Remix, and maybe MP: Island tour and Mario Kart 7.

Hockey-GAF, what do you think I should get for Club Nintendo rewards? I'm going for a whole game, and I already have Punch-Out and SMG 2. So far I'm narrowing my decision towards Mario Golf 3D, Animal Crossing, Ultimate NES Remix, and maybe MP: Island tour and Mario Kart 7.

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart or Ultimate NES Remix

that's what i'd pick

zroid

Banned
Our personal junior scout.

My women's hockey scouting services are also available. Florence Schelling is absolutely robbing Finland.

Don't get Yoshi's new island. Unless your playing with Sound Way way down.

Worst...WORST OST of all time.

I know, it was so bad from the trailers. I often play handheld games muted though, so it wouldn't matter a whole lot. Hmmm I don't know... I already spent like 300 hours in Animal Crossing on the physical copy, I'm afraid what the digital version would do to me if it sucked me back in.

Calamari41

41 > 38

that's what i'd pick

Edit: VVVVV Yes, Tropical Freeze is the best game on that list and I assumed that the only reason you didn't mention it as a possibility is because you already had it. If you don't, and you enjoy platformers, then the choice is an easy one.

that's what i'd pick

The thing that kinda turns me off from MK7 aside from some very questionable character choices (Queen Bee and Wiggler over Waluigi and Diddy Kong, seriously?) is the fact that there doesn't seem to single player vs. mode in the game and that didn't exactly endear Double Dash to me. Is the game good enough for something like that to be ignored.

And regarding Animal Crossing, how does it differentiate itself from say Rune Factory or Fantasy Life? I'd like to know the notable differences between the three.

Buff gets a phone hearing. So 5 games max?

would be crazy if it's not at least 5, should be more

Gotta get them Kings in the playoffs somehow. Best way to do so is to suspend one of Winnipeg's best player for the rest of the regular season.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Gotta get them Kings in the playoffs somehow. Best way to do so is to suspend one of Winnipeg's best player for the rest of the regular season.

Winnipeg's best player shouldn't have attempted to break through another player's spine with his stick if he had wanted to be featured in the playoffs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Errr we're saying he should be suspended for MORE, not less. Totally deserves the suspension.

zroid

Banned
And regarding Animal Crossing, how does it differentiate itself from say Rune Factory or Fantasy Life? I'd like to know the notable differences between the three.

they're not really that similar... Animal Crossing is a DIY game. Make your own fun. There's no (meaningful) objectives. It also helps if you like collecting shit. The characters and dialogue are really charming.

it's a great social game too; not sure how active the GAF community is now, but back in the day it was a lot of fun going to other people's towns and helping each other out with whatever.

It's a great outlet for creativity as well, so if you like designing stuff you're probably going to love it.

Errr we're saying he should be suspended for MORE, not less. Totally deserves the suspension.

Winnipeg's best player shouldn't have attempted to break through another player's spine with his stick if he had wanted to be featured in the playoffs.

Yeah I know. Just kinda bitter that Winnipeg will likely miss the playoffs because of this. Although you do have to admit it would be convenient for the NHL to have LA make it at Winnipeg's expense.

they're not really that similar... Animal Crossing is a DIY game. Make your own fun. There's no (meaningful) objectives. It also helps if you like collecting shit. The characters and dialogue are really charming.

it's a great social game too; not sure how active the GAF community is now, but back in the day it was a lot of fun going to other people's towns and helping each other out with whatever.

It's a great outlet for creativity as well, so if you like designing stuff you're probably going to love it.

Good to know, I'll take it into consideration.

ShaneB

I Rather Play You Guys.

The feeling is not mutual =( I'd like to be able to cheer on the Habs in a different series, and I do not like the idea of facing Price. I'm sure it would be a blast to watch, and I imagine we'll get a taste of that tomorrow, but no no no. I want to face the Pens or Islanders in the first round.

The feeling is not mutual =( I'd like to be able to cheer on the Habs in a different series, and I do not like the idea of facing Price. I'm sure it would be a blast to watch, and I imagine we'll get a taste of that tomorrow, but no no no. I want to face the Pens or Islanders in the first round.
I still want my Islanders vs Rangers Second Round.
Would want the Habs to play Boston. Washington or Detroit would be OK too.

Yeah.. a Detroit vs Montreal Series would be great.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Would want the Habs to play Boston. Washington or Detroit would be OK too.
I'd feel confident against any of those 3. Detroit is probably the least intimidating playoff opponent in the East. I don't feel confident going into the second round though.

Marvie_3

Banned
When the Jets slide right on our of the 'yoffs (perhaps this week!) are you guys going to bother pretending you didn't care either way? We certainly won't be insulted by any fans that openly admit they'd rather play the Jets and start the series down 0-2 then play the fucking Kings.
Id actually rather play the Kings. Jets have been a way tougher opponent this year.

That said, I still dont want the Kings in the playoffs. Fuck L.A.

calder

You're going to be extra disappointed when it's less than 5 then. ;)

I agree he deserves a suspension for that, but playing "what does [random incident] deserve" is a mug's game. Especially in a case like this were the league for whatever reason considers slashing and cross checking guys in front of the net to be totally normal.

Look for Buff to get 2 games max, and then next year at a special pre-game ceremony former Winnipeg Jet Stephane Quintal gets a long ovation from the crowd.

calder

Drew Miller says he hopes to play tonight? Jesus christ take a day off dude, no one will wonder why you aren't playing.

CBhVaG3VEAE-Icy.jpg

Mainly posting this because, as my hair gets more and more grey, I'm thinking of legit dyeing it like that. Steer into the skid.

Drew Miller says he hopes to play tonight? Jesus christ take a day off dude, no one will wonder why you aren't playing.

CBhVaG3VEAE-Icy.jpg

Mainly posting this because, as my hair gets more and more grey, I'm thinking of legit dyeing it like that. Steer into the skid.

He's 31... and his hair is grey ..wow.... unless he dyed it.

Is anyone making the off-season thread? Because I want to.

Go Ahead.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Updated first round matchup odds as of today!

IRqI6tj.png

3:1 odds of Flames:Kings. I know which of those 2 teams I wanna play....

Hawks-Blues would be an amazing bloodbath

Top Bottom