• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3: Official Gameplay Trailer

DOWN

Banned
So I'm impressed with the animations and how lively the world looks, but no way is this going to be pushing the bar for graphics. It's likely in the top 10, but it's lost a lot of lustre as they have shown it more.

DOWN

Banned
It actually reminded me of that first really meaty GTA V trailer where it showed all the activities you can do. Right down to the robotic female narrator.

Yes, it seems to be styled after Rockstar gameplay series videos (there were usually several episodes with a focus). Started in 2010 with Red Dead, then LA Noire, Max Payne, and finally GTA V.

I love that style of gameplay intro trailer. I think Rockstar does it best.

Sirim

1428678565-w3-forest.gif
Oh my fucking god

roytheone

Still a little worried about performance. I have a i7 870 @ 2,93 ghz, GTX 970 and 8 gig of ram. It is the CPU where I am worried about. 1080p30 on high should still be achievable right?

SaberEdge

So I'm impressed with the animations and how lively the world looks, but no way is this going to be pushing the bar for graphics. It's likely in the top 10, but it's lost a lot of lustre as they have shown it more.

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're joking. This is by far the most technically impressive open world game ever. No contest.

Oh, and this footage looks better than any of the previous footage, so what in the world are you talking about?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
My fucking god.... This is going to be the GOAT game.

If this game sucks.... its going to wreck my psyche to the point where I'll have to give up gaming forever. I won't be able to bounce back from a let down of that magnitude.

I'm frothing at the mouth, WE NEED THIS LOU!!!!

Daingurse

Still a little worried about performance. I have a i7 870 @ 2,93 ghz, GTX 970 and 8 gig of ram. It is the CPU where I am worried about. 1080p30 on high should still be achievable right?

I'd try overclocking your i7, get as much jueice outta of it as you can. I honestly would try for Ultra, or a mix of High/Ultra though with your setup. If you're willing to lock it at 30fps I think that's reasonable. Hard to tell till the game drops though, definitely look at benchmarks and such around launch.

I myself have a i7 980x @4.0GHZ and a GTX 970. I'm going to push shit as far as I can. I may lock this game at 30fps and push fidelity. It will be fun to play with the settings. Wish I had G-Sync lol.

Denton

I have watched this trailer 6 times already today :/
It looks pretty good for an overblown vision of a game that does not exist :/

Shredderi

Going to be interesting to see if there really is something to that stuff, as the poster was verified by Bish. I mean it looks really good and they seem to have confidence. Maybe the poster was right but thanks to delays it's now all good?

STARHOUND

Neo Member
Well, I mean I always PC game from my couch. Electric reclining couch, 65" 4K Curved TV, Surround sound, bluetooth M&KB, 360 gamepad.

Does DS4Windows fix the button prompts? 360 button prompts while playing on a DS4 would drive me nuts.

CDPR confirmed that the PC version natively supports the Dualshock 4. So it sounds like you won't even need DS4Windows, it'll display the proper button prompts.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/statuses/477427552374382592

I plan on using a DS4 and playing on my PC

Denton

Going to be interesting to see if there really is something to that stuff, as the poster was verified by Bish. I mean it looks really good and they seem to have confidence. Maybe the poster was right but thanks to delays it's now all good?

Who knows, it is possible at that time the game was broken mess, but frankly that would not be surprising, most games are broken messes months before release, some even after release. He did say that mostly console versions are to be wary of, though I am sure they will be fine too.

ive asked before a while ago, but figured I ask again.

ps4 or PC(i5-3350p @3.10GHZ, GTX 760 4GB, 8 GB RAM)?

PC will run the game better. Plus mods, direct CDP support, customizability etc.

Lingitiz

Who knows, it is possible at that time the game was broken mess, but frankly that would not be surprising, most games are broken messes months before release, some even after release. He did say that mostly console versions are to be wary of, though I am sure they will be fine too.

PC will run the game better. Plus mods, direct CDP support, customizability etc.

Do you have context for this?

roytheone

I'd try overclocking your i7, get as much jueice outta of it as you can. I honestly would try for Ultra, or a mix of High/Ultra though with your setup. If you're willing to lock it at 30fps I think that's reasonable. Hard to tell till the game drops though, definitely look at benchmarks and such around launch.

I myself have a i7 980x @4.0GHZ and a GTX 970. I'm going to push shit as far as I can. I may lock this game at 30fps and push fidelity. It will be fun to play with the settings. Wish I had G-Sync lol.

Thanks for the advice. I mostly fear for a situation similar to dragon age: Inquisition. That game runs great on ultra settings 90 % of the time, but will drop below 30 fps in certain areas, especially crowded places like the farms in the hinterlands and redcliffe village. Because constantly switching settings is not doable, I had to choose between lower settings everywhere, or accept the sub 30 fps in certain areas. Hopefully that would not be the case in the switcher 3.

FourMyle

wait.. what's going on?

DOWN

Banned
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're joking. This is by far the most technically impressive open world game ever. No contest.

Oh, and this footage looks better than any of the previous footage, so what in the world are you talking about?

Technically? We don't know yet. It looks very lively, as I said, but we don't know how it actually transitions into those active merchant hubs, for example. As others have said, it could be like Ubisoft towers where it just plays a quick transformative scene after you kill the monsters in the village. It has high potential on a general technical level.

But graphically? Maybe you missed the Unity comparisons as far as open world. They haven't shown anything up to those levels of world or interior detail and this new trailer doesn't look better than the old notorious first gameplay reveals in a number of ways. Sure, there's trade-offs since Unity went for strong HDR static lighting sets, and we can probably expect better performance overall from Wild Hunt. But it is not the best looking game by far, and is not showing strong competition for the Unity comparisons we've had in previous threads. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149160086&postcount=251

I'm not trying to start a big thing. The game isn't out yet and as a graphics junkie, I would always love to be proven wrong when doubtful of how soon I'll get a new standard for open world visuals.

Shredderi

wait.. what's going on?

I don't want to derail the thread but in a nutshell, a guy claimed to have inside knowledge about CDRP and Witcher 3 and said here something about the game's vision being more than they could handle and warned to be wary of the console versions especially. What made it interesting was that he was verified by Bish. But I gotta say, this is looking mighty good.

I'm skimming over the thread looking for downgrade comments. Nope.
Trailer is amazing. Too spoilerish though, unfortunately. :/

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The fact that W3 was delayed should put your mind at ease regarding overall quality, especially when taking Anaxymenes' post into account. I've worked on enough games to know how quickly things can come together at the end. I'm picking this up day one, the trailer was great (despite jocking Rockstar way too hard for its own good).

STARHOUND

Neo Member
Anyone care to give me some guidance? I have a PC that I do intend to upgrade down the line and a PS4. I'm wondering whether I should get the PC version now or the PS4 version.

My PC Specs:
  • Evga GTX 660ti FTW Signature 2
  • Core i7 3770k 3.4 Ghz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • SSD
I meet the recommended specs for CPU and Ram, and just above the minimum for GPU.

Do you think I would be able to handle TW3 with graphics comparable to the PS4 version?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

No_Style

The fact that W3 was delayed should put your mind at ease regarding overall quality, especially when taking Anaxymenes' post into account. I've worked on enough games to know how quickly things can come together at the end. I'm picking this up day one, the trailer was great (despite jocking Rockstar way too hard for its own good).

I felt they were able to at least live up to the Rockstar trailer style with what they've shown. It's a testament to their skill (as trailer editors. We'll see about the final game) that they could ape Rockstar's style and live up to it.

misho8723

Banned
In the whole video I have not seen any clones (!) like in every other open-world game.. even the human enemies, like soldiers and the guys in the tavern, do have unique faces and clothes..
With thousands of NPC, if this is the case in the whole game, then this is some really impressive shit

King_Moc

Banned
Anyone care to give me some guidance? I have a PC that I do intend to upgrade down the line and a PS4. I'm wondering whether I should get the PC version now or the PS4 version.

My PC Specs:
  • Evga GTX 660ti FTW Signature 2
  • Core i7 3770k 3.4 Ghz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • SSD
I meet the recommended specs for CPU and Ram, and just above the minimum for GPU.

Do you think I would be able to handle TW3 with graphics comparable to the PS4 version?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/

Your processor is the recommended one, and your graphics card is slightly above the minimum one. It's tough to call, as the PS4 should be able to trump the graphics card, but not the processor. There's also plenty of instances so far this gen when 660's have, against all logic, outperformed the same game on PS4.

Edit: looking into it, the recommended 770 really isn't that much more powerful than the 660ti. 20% or so difference.

STARHOUND

Neo Member
I wonder if that Unicorn was just for Ciri or something you'll actually be able to ride?

Apparently Yennefer (like most sorcerers) collected things like preserved organs in jars and stuffed specimens.

This included a stuffed unicorn that she liked to make love on which, according to Geralt, was by no means enjoyable. Especially when it was levitating.

The two did however get a good laugh out of it when it fell to the floor and was destroyed.

Shredderi

I was a little worried back in the day but the delays, while frustrating, did help ease my mind. What I've seen so far looks really good and now I can only hope that they're able to keep that level of quality throughout the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's probably also worth mentioning that the fact he was in a position to be privy to the information he gave doesn't necessarily mean it was accurate. Although not the most analogous situation, CBOAT doubling down on his Titanfall info that was ultimately proven to be bollocks is perhaps the most notable example of someone in the know spreading false information.

STARHOUND

Neo Member
I'm gonna end up cheating on Triss many times. Feels bad, mang.

Well, if you've read the books:

Triss is actually the other woman. Yennefer was always Geralt's one true love. This didn't stop the two of them from sleeping with other people, even though by all accounts they were both hurt by it.

I'm actually looking forward to the cat fight between Yen and Triss when they meet, considering that Geralt hooked up with Triss frequently while he was suffering from amnesia.

Yennefer already was a little spiteful towards Triss for sleeping with Geralt (as they had been good friends years before Yennefer and Geralt met). It'll be interesting to see how the amnesia part plays into it as well as the fact that their relationship could get pretty serious depending on the players' actions in TW1 and TW2.

Basically this:

kQJ50Pi.gif

TheFatMan

I really hope they spend some time explaining some back story and don't just expect me to know all the shit from Witcher 1 and 2.....

STARHOUND

Neo Member
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/

Your processor is the recommended one, and your graphics card is slightly above the minimum one. It's tough to call, as the PS4 should be able to trump the graphics card, but not the processor. There's also plenty of instances so far this gen when 660's have, against all logic, outperformed the same game on PS4.

Edit: looking into it, the recommended 770 really isn't that much more powerful than the 660ti. 20% or so difference.

Awesome, thanks! I do plan on upgrading it down the line, just wanted to make sure I'd get a decent experience.

By which I mean 30 fps at 1080p at medium/high settings

Top Bottom