• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masahiro Sakurai is making an appearance at the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Event.

Neiteio

he just really likes FE and put a bunch of FE chars in his game.
doubt anything will come of it.
Multiple trusted data-miners have found files for Roy in the recent 3DS update (along with a stage theme and victory jingle for Ryu from Street Fighter).

Roy's in development. It's definitely possible he'll be shown there.

Neiteio

Sakurai: "When Roy Koopa and Roy from Fire Emblem are in the same battle, one Roy is renamed Alfonso #1 and the other Roy is renamed Alfonso #2."

Multiple trusted data-miners have found files for Roy in the recent 3DS update (along with a stage theme and victory jingle for Ryu from Street Fighter).

Roy's in development. It's definitely possible he'll be shown there.

oh i know, still don't think anything will happen there. they know he's a huge fan so they invited him to say a few words.

i'm not getting disappointed.

They unveiled Robin and Lucina when people were certain he'd unveil Shulk, so clearly he is going to the Fire Emblem event to unveil Pink Gold Peach.

Peltz

Sakurai did the Iwata asks for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon rather than Iwata doing it, partly because he's such a Fire Emblem fanboy.

I think he just really digs the series (and for good reason!).

Neiteio

Sakurai did the Iwata asks for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon rather than Iwata doing it, partly because he's such a Fire Emblem fanboy.

I think he just really digs the series (and for good reason!).
Sure, but if he's making a DLC Fire Emblem character (and we know he's making Roy), then it seems like the perfect place to show him.

Of course, I'd love to see him sooner, at E3.

"Hello everyone, this is Masahiro Sakurai. I am a huge Fire Emblem fan and have long anticipated this opportunity to present something long demanded by Fire Emblem fans across the globe. Please do me the honor of welcoming a beloved character to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!"

Chrom

Fandangox

"Hello everyone, this is Masahiro Sakurai. I am a huge Fire Emblem fan and have long anticipated this opportunity to present something long demanded by Fire Emblem fans across the globe. Please do me the honor of welcoming a beloved character to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!"

Chrom

"...as a $3 mii outfit, thanks everyone, peace out" *drops mic*

Come on guys. Why would he announce ryu at the concert? He isn't FEz related. He has a higher chance of showing up at e3, assuming he is in development.

Chrom

And then he gets beaten up again and they announce someone else

Azure J

Chrom

...this would actually be legit hilarious and a real ode to the best reveal of pre-4.

I would love an announcement, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

With luck Roy's leftover data was just from a scrapped project and Sakurai is going to announce a Fire Emblem if character instead.

Renewed

Roy was a mistake. It's actually Lyn.

Just in time for the new game!
don't hate me...

img_chara02-02.png

Azure J

Of course they will, to replace it with a Roy Assist one =P

I actually don't know how I'd feel if this happened. On one hand, fuck yes Lyn get un-robbed AND precedent is set so we can get more Assist Trophies promoted
Takamaru vs Lyn would be canon
. On the other hand, I would actually feel really bad for Roy fans.

He's just there to announce FIGHTER EMBLEM

Done by Arc Sys using the GGXrd tech. Fight in stages recreating the best moments in the series' history including Ashnard's Castle Siege.

Azure J

If it weren't for Samurai and crew this series would have probably gotten the same anniversary treatment that Metroid got

Smash is responsible for keeping Fire Emblem, F-Zero, and to a certain extent, Metroid off life support or out of the grave completely.

Top Bottom