• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 lifetime sales pass 22.3m worldwide

Eggbok

Haha the picture of Shu, grats Sony

sjA3plF.jpg

The console is still a joke when it comes to the game library. Two years in.

The way things are going can't see this success lasting long... The ball is in Sony's hands now.

RAIDEN1

All too easy for Sony, where's the competition gone? Say the PS4 was released 20 years ago, would have made for a much more interesting "fight".....you had Sega still on the scene, Nintendo still giving as good as it gets...Atari still trying to make in-roads, 3DO/Matsushita threatening to de-rail the PS4 momentum with the imminent launch of the M2...(and in this instance the console actually DOES come out..)

oni-link

The way things are going can't see this success lasting long... The ball is in Sony's hands now.

Library has never had much to with sales, just look at the Dreamcast and Wii U

That said your initial point is subjective at best, and I think "has no games" as a general comment is frowned upon

sobaka770

Banned

This is troll post, right? Because after the recent release of Bloodborne, probably the most critically acclaimed exclusive on next-gen platforms which is not a remaster, there's left no reason for such an ignorant comment.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

There's almost a 2:1 ratio in games released on the next-gen siblings so the competition must really be struggling then.

Based on your post there are plenty of balls in hands. However none of it has anything to do with Sony.

Anyway back OT, it'll be interesting to see how the sales go throughout the rest of the year. As to whether they'll build from last year or whether there'll be a decline.

Yeah man. No reason at all its selling this much. Like where are the games man? You've got the Order 1886, Infamous Second Son, Driveclub, Bloodborne, all the multiplats. Man no games at all. An utter joke. I mean look at the indie games. Who even likes those? Resogun, Shovel Knight BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

/s

There is no logic in your post:

1) ''console is a joke when it comes to games'' is entirely objective so I give you that.
2) ''The way thing are going can't see this succes lasting long''. Things are going great, so the way things are going suggests things are going great and continues to do so?
3) ''The ball is in sony's hand now''. No it isn't, they cruisin'.

Nzyme32

Sure, but then when your console options are PS4, Xbox One or WiiU, and you have a concern for libraries and support in future, the PS4 is still a bit of a no brainer. Then again, I'm PC only for similar reasons

Hyun Sai

I always said the war was over at E3 2013, seems like we'll have to wait the next generation to have some fun.

Wait, who am I kidding. Consoles are dead, this is the last gen.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I don't know how much you know about games consoles (I'm an expert).

kswiston

What is your definition of an "acceptable" game library? Serious question.

A lot of people think that only AAA exclusives count and are confused why so many people would be satisfied with a system that mostly houses multiplatform titles and is light on the quality exclusives. Of course, the answer is the fact that most current gen gamers own a PS4 OR a Xbox One OR a Gaming PC and not all 3 like several people on GAF do.

I have some casual friends who own a PS4 (not people who even search game websites or forums) and they seem very happy with their console.

So I dunno...

Top Bottom