• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone : Shadow Fall graphics lawsuit DISMISSED!

curb

Banned
Good. Sounded like a grubby cash-grab attempt to me and a dark road I don't think we want the industry to go down. I'm all for holding devs/pubs responsible for their claims but to me, lawsuits are not the way to go.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can't believe that some moron actually did this.

The stipulation said each party will bear its own costs.

Hope it was worth it...

Blues1990

rebel23.jpg~original

Bloodrage

Banned
Was pure bullshit from the start. I wonder how dumb the person feels to have their laughably fake entitlement shot down.

McDougles

Finally, the plaintiff seemed to be a troll.

The dude behind the complaint contacted me personally after I covered the story. He seemed to be fairly adamant about it based on the principle, discussing how little it would end up being when split up among all class members of the suit.

Still delusional, but not a troll.

The dude behind the complaint contacted me personally after I covered the story. He seemed to be fairly adamant about it based on the principle, discussing how little it would end up being when split up among all class members of the suit.

Still delusional, but not a troll.

Seems like a strange cause to take on for a 60 something Chaplain. But 'A' for effort I guess.

hesido

This lawsuit was the stupidest thing that happened in gaming that year.

Basically, KZ shadow fall provieds a full HD output without scaling but uses information from previous frames to fill up alternating columns of pixels. What this guy was saying, I want my frame to be freshly rendered, right out of the oven. Or something.

jacobeid

Banned
"Dismissed with prejudice."

Just to clarify for anyone on GAF without legal knowledge, "dismissed with prejudice" just means that the plaintiff can't file another lawsuit on the same grounds as this suit. Nothing like how we'd typically use the word prejudice outside of the legal realm.

lyrick

What does "Settlement terms were filed under seal." mean?

Looks like there was a settlement but the public is not privileged to its contents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_seal said:
under seal filing is a procedure allowing sensitive or confidential information to be filed with a court without becoming a matter of public record. The court generally must give permission for the material to remain under seal

Top Bottom