• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone : Shadow Fall graphics lawsuit DISMISSED!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Took this long for them to figure out what your average sane person deduced months ago.

It's probably not that easy to understand for normal people with normal lifes and minds what this crap is all about.

jacobeid

Banned
What does "Settlement terms were filed under seal." mean?

Hm....that's certainly interesting.

Settlement agreements are often kept confidential, but I don't know how often settlement agreements are actually filed under seal. I don't think that's very common practice but I'd like a practicing attorney (especially one who practices in Federal District Court) to comment about this.

An example of something else being filed under seal would be an adoption (at least in Ohio). What this means is that I can not use readily available information (such as the adopting parent's names and date of births) to look up the information of an adoption case. Rather, you already need to know the case number, details, etc. When I e-file, adoption cases don't even show up under my list of cases. Almost like the dark web?

It's probably not that easy to understand for normal people with normal lifes and minds what this crap is all about.

I'd venture to guess that this is more a matter of the Judge's docket than anything relating to the actual case facts. The initial suit was filed in August 2014, and Judge Chen allowed it to proceed in December. The timing from then to now isn't out of the picture.

DrNeroCF

Didn't follow this much after hearing about he initial lawsuit, makes me wonder, though. If this would have held up in court, would any compressed video be able to be advertised as 1080p ever again? Sounds like the multiplayer was using a similar technique to deduce pixels every other frame. Sorry if that's been brought up before.

Seems to me like the lawsuit was dismissed because of insane repercussions for resolution rather than the statement 'Killzone's multiplayer is not technically rendered at the advertised 1080p' being false.

This lawsuit was the stupidest thing that happened in gaming that year.

Basically, KZ shadow fall provieds a full HD output without scaling but uses information from previous frames to fill up alternating columns of pixels. What this guy was saying, I want my frame to be freshly rendered, right out of the oven. Or something.

Errr... gamergate?

Top Bottom