• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura's $250 BATMAN figure coming in July

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/12078448.html
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/69043/
http://www.1999.co.jp/10326338

Name: DC Comics Variant Play Arts Kai Designed by Tetsuya Nomura BATMAN
Price: 24800yen
Release Date: July 2015
Figure Specs: W317mm x D176mm x H306mm / 670g
Package Specs: W400mm x D130mm x H300mm / 1237g

aQlnXD1.jpg

HowZatOZ

Banned
I've got two of Arts Kai's figurines on pre-order, the Western Batman and Bobba Fett but they are actually really well designed and only $99 AUD. This just looks like a mishmash of final fantasy and batman but not in a good way.

They are going crazy now. I felt kind of bad when I bought some $130 figures. $200 plus, whew...

I almost bought Bahamut for $250.

Paying $250 for a PAK is absolutely insane. They're simply not worth that much.

Never mind how ugly and overdesigned the thing is.

pachuco

that price is idiotic

日本へようこぞ!

This is the country who perfected the $40 to $50 CD price point.

A small consumer pool (Japan), made even smaller (Otaku stuff), and then even smaller than that (Japanese people who collect American comic book goods) makes these prices logical.

Hagi

Think it looks pretty cool, shame about the ridiculous price though. I'd buy his version of Catwoman if it ever came out.

LiK

Yeah but you did not buy it in a box labeled "Batman" now did you.

it also wasn't $250

日本へようこぞ!

A small consumer pool (Japan), made even smaller (Otaku stuff), and then even smaller than that (Japanese people who collect American comic book goods) makes these prices logical.

you don't need to lecture me about overpriced Japanese merch. it makes no difference here. P-A figures used to be $50-60. now they're like $100+ each and quality has actually gone down.

duckroll

日本へようこぞ!

This isn't really a normal price for Play Arts Kai at all. The figures are usually less than half this price. At 250 bucks, this figure is more in line with Square Enix's top range Sculpture Arts figures which range from $200-$500+.

That's horrifying. I have a Play Arts MGR Raiden, and I wouldn't pick up another play arts figure anytime soon. Especially not... That thing.

Rezae

The design was hideous the first time I saw it, that hasn't changed. That busy art-style of basically overdoing everything to the extreme has got to go.

MaulerX

Like some others, I don't mind the price. I don't mind paying that kind of money on something nice that I can display in my house and spark conversations with guests. That being said, this is not Batman. Not a particularly good design either. Pass.

Top Bottom