• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura's $250 BATMAN figure coming in July

Valnen

The popular opinion on this is wrong. It looks great. I just don't have that kind of money to spend on a figure.

Tom_Cody

To be honest I love the design. I would never buy it, but I love the design.

And the Catwoman design even more.

DGv6vLV.jpg

rpmurphy

Paying $250 for a PAK is absolutely insane. They're simply not worth that much.

Never mind how ugly and overdesigned the thing is.
Not being figure-GAF (yet), what's the aversion towards Play Arts Kai compared to other figure manufacturers' lines around this price range? I've seen before Medicom's Real Action Heroes line being pretty expensive like this too.

Not being figure-GAF (yet), what's the aversion towards Play Arts Kai compared to other figure manufacturers' lines around this price range? I've seen before Medicom's Real Action Heroes line being pretty expensive like this too.

Real Action Heroes and Hot Toys are of much higher quality than Play Arts Kai and so warrant the high price tag. And whilst I personally quite like PAKs, they do have a reputation for having a lot of problems with QC, questionable sculpts, and less than ideal and oftentimes ugly articulation.

K52oDiT.jpg

Not only that but they used to average around $50 - $60 and now they're closer to $100, which for what you get is not really justified a lot of the time. They're certainly not worth $250.

When they get it right they knock out of the park (the latest Master Chief is absolutely fantastic) and they have been getting better, but their rep is there for a reason.

SUPARSTARX

$250 for Play Arts Kai? lol. Their inconsistent quality control can't justify this pricing.

I think I will reserve a portion of the $250 for the Hot Toys Arkham City Batman and still have some left over for the Arkham Knight season pass.

Stupid price for this. This looks like it should be maybe $70, and its $250. At least its less of a rip off than a First4Figures (dear god), but still, starting to move to that Western studio quality/price ratio.

Very strange figure, not because I think it's over-designed and doesn't feel like Batman licensed product, but merely because it looks absurdly overpriced.

The head sculpt almost looks like it has paint bleed and overall looks like it just came off a mcfarlane assembly line of other $10 toys.

Real Action Heroes and Hot Toys are of much higher quality than Play Arts Kai and so warrant the high price tag. And whilst I personally quite like PAKs, they do have a reputation for having a lot of problems with QC, questionable sculpts, and less than ideal and oftentimes ugly articulation.

K52oDiT.jpg

What the hell? Is that Uncharted?

I kind of like the Batman figure (I thought it was going to be horrible), but $250, yikes.

LiK

K52oDiT.jpg

Not only that but they used to average around $50 - $60 and now they're closer to $100, which for what you get is not really justified a lot of the time. They're certainly not worth $250.

When they get it right they knock out of the park (the latest Master Chief is absolutely fantastic) and they have been getting better, but their rep is there for a reason.

ROFL, so thankful my Drake doesn't look like that

Tom_Cody

K52oDiT.jpg

The only one I own is Solid Snake (from MGS 1). The promotional pictures look amazing, but the face is hideous and the joints are wonky as hell.

Replicant

Play Arts Kai's paint quality is shocking. Some Funko Pops have better paint jobs and they are only $10 each! And let's not even get to PAK's face sculpture because they're horrifying. It's a shame because sometimes they get rights to some interesting characters but I'm not about to waste insane amount of money when they can't get their QC right.

Wow that's expensive for PAK.
Also I wanted to ask this in the Quiet thread, but it was locked, so I'll ask here.
What's so bad about Play Arts Kai? I saw a lot of people calling them trash, terrible, etc.

EDIT: Never mind. Already answered
I have the MGSV Snake PAK and the Dissidia Cloud Strife figure and I thought they were good. That Drake and Shepard tho... haha wow

Top Bottom