• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYCC: Play Arts Kai Joker Figure Designed by Tetsuya Nomura. Has 7 Different Heads.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Article from IGN

I'll be honest if someone didn't tell me this was supposed to be The Joker I would think its Skullface from MGSV. Anyways yeah this is Tetsuya Nomura's take on the Joker and its not that surprising considering his Batman and Catwoman designs. I have no clue why he looks to have additional mech arms except Nomura got him confused with Dr. Octopus. There is also a figurine of Mr. Freeze that looks more like the Arkham Knight.

img2574jpg-f9a98a_765w.jpg

Replace my head if old.

L Thammy

I don't think Nomura knows what Batman is. I think someone just vaguely described some Batman characters and he tried to guess at what they looked like.

I don't think Nomura knows what Batman is. I think someone just vaguely described some Batman characters and he tried to guess at what they looked like.

Orrrrr he is putting his own spin on things. Whats the point of having a famous artist with a distinct visual style adapt other characters if theyre not going to reimagine them in their own way?

If you want a Batman figure that looks like regular old Batman there are plenty of options available.

L Thammy

Orrrrr he is putting his own spin on things. Whats the point of having a famous artist with a distinct visual style adapt other characters if theyre not going to reimagine them in their own way?

If you want a Batman figure that looks like regular old Batman there are plenty of options available.

I don't entirely disagree, but I also think that there is no human being on this earth who would think that Nomura's Catwoman is Catwoman without having been informed as such.

uh yeah I think the one pictured is actually a scarecrow head
I mean unless I'm just crazy I think a couple of these heads are supposed to be the heads of other batman villains. that one with the mask, ain't that mr. freeze?

I really like those two joker heads pictured below, cloud hair actually works on the joker wtf

Top Bottom