• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT could potentially lock you out of all your PSN games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

From the super bunnyhop thread

Read tweets from top to bottom

Not sure if this has been posted, but...

Nick Cramer @Pacifist_Elk · 21 hours ago
PSN checks all liscences at once. if one does not exist on network, all DRM checks for PSN fail #PS4share

so just checked, even deleting P.T. does not remove its license from your system. If you downloaded P.T. ever at any point, then

You will be unable to renew licenses of your digital games. For someone like me who owns mostly digital, this means that I cannot play

I cannot play any of my games. Konami is holding all of my games hostage. For the crime of having downloaded P.T.

Them pulling it from the store fucked everything up in ways you cannot imagine. Driveclub players had the same issue back when it was pulled

but driveclub pull was temp. Problems for people ceased when driveclub finally returned. For those who downloaded P.T., you might be

saying goodbye to your entire digital library forever.

CEyUQRAW0AAF7O6.jpg

If this is true then... HOLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIT

Edit:
Already had a thread on much earlier today. It was related to PSN being down for maintenance. Everyone's digital content is fine.

All is well

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Konami becomes more hated than it already is.

Waiting for The Simpsons pitchfork image.

Edit: Or it isn't true. That works too.

Justified

Repost from other thread:

Who is this Nick Cramer guy?

Where is he getting this info from?

I read his twitter, his games were locked after he lost network connection, and BEFORE he deleted P.T. Im wondering if that is his primary PS4?

Why does he think this is Konami's doing? If this is truly valid this falls on Sony I would guess.

I dont recall DriveClub doing this, anyone have a source?

Zomba13

That has to be fake. Konami is an easy target to paint as the boogey man so you can knock up any thing you like, tie it to Konami and at least some people will believe it because it's Konami.

sounds like this would be Sony's fault if true. don't see how Konami would be at fault for an issue in how the PSN handles an issue like this.

Already had a thread on much earlier today. It was related to PSN being down for maintenance. Everyone's digital content is fine.

that makes much more sense. also lol @ the dude deleting P.T.

If this were true, Konami/Sony would have a true PR disaster and probably a class-action lawsuit on their hands. So good thing it isn't true :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom