• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Plans: Digital Event On 06/16, Nintendo World Championships 2015 on 06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayolan

What I really wonder is what has Koizumi's day job been since releasing 3D World almost 2 years ago.

I figure Nintendo has learned from the awful Wii U launch and is making a 3D Mario early so it can be ready on launch day for their next home console.

TheMoon

I figure Nintendo has learned from the awful Wii U launch and is making a 3D Mario early so it can be ready on launch day for their next home console.

They've already openly said that's what they're planning to do. Or at least it could be read that way. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955315

Aya Kyogoku's Miiverse post late last year (when the Animal Crossing Plaza service for Wii U ended) could be a hint at a Wii U version of AC this year. Or it could just be a hint to Happy Home Designer...

Well that hint was clearly referring to Happy Home Designer and the amiibo cards.

I think if Metroid and F-Zero make a comeback, it'll be as launch titles for NX. Imagine this launch:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
F-Zero NX (wow that worked out well)
Metroid Prime 4

Best Nintendo console launch ever

Ahnez

I think if Metroid and F-Zero make a comeback, it'll be as launch titles for NX. Imagine this launch:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid Prime 4

.. Until all three of them are delayed

But don't worry, you can enjoy New Super Mario bros. NX instead

.. Until all three of them are delayed

But don't worry, you can enjoy New Super Mario bros. NX instead

In all seriousness, I'd be bugged the fuck out if that was one of the launch games. :p On the Wii U, it feels like they just up-ported a Wii game that they were making because they were desperate for having something ready for a console launch that was too early.

Rundown:
~ EAD Kyoto ~
EAD 1 - just got Mario Kart 8 DLC out the door, (former??) Group Producer Hideki Konno rumored to be heading up the mobile game development
EAD 2 - Splatoon / Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
EAD 3 - ZELDAAAAAAAAAA
EAD 4 - Mario Maker
EAD 5 - Star Fox (w/ outside support)

Project Garage - Splatoon (EAD2) / Project Giant Robot / Project Guard

~ EAD Tokyo ~
Group 1 (Producer: Shimizu) - 3DS Louvre Guide /w Indieszero & Majora's Mask 3D w/ Grezzo was their last thing apparently
Group 2 (Producer: Koizumi) - last game: NES Remix 2/Super Mario 3D World) / hinting at next big 3D Mario being prepared for the next systems launch
Group 3 (Producer: Hayashida) - (assuming Hayashida really got his own additional group and didn't just take over for someone on Grp 1 or 2) last game: Captain Toad / Ultimate NES Remix

SPD 1 (Sakamoto's group but Shikamaru said he might be running a new secret team since last year? maybe we'll learn what came of that soon?) - Tomodachi Life / Game & Wario were the last things, iirc - and Rhythm Heaven, so they're doing Rhythm Tengoku Plus for 3DS atm
SPD 2 a.k.a. Team Super Yamagami All-Stars: Xenoblade X w/ MonolithSoft, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. w/ IntSys, FE If w/ IntSys, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem w/ ATLUS & IntSys
SPD 3 a.k.a. Super Tanabe Bros (western collabos): Whatever Retro is doing, whatever Next Level is doing
SPD 4: Fatal Frame 5

SDD: quirky eShop titles

MonolithSoft - just shipped Xenoblade X / Project X Zone 2
Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem If comes out in June / Code Name S.T.E.A.M. just came out, Stretchmo/Fullblox just came out / Paper Mario is rumored / said new Advance Wars would be shown "When the time is right"
HAL - Kirby Rainbow just came out, BOXBOY! just came out / they expressed interest in full 3D platformer Kirby
Next Level Games - SHOULD be ready to show their new thing
Retro Studios - COULD be ready to show their new thing
ND Cube - a new ~Party game, I guess?
AlphaDream - time for a new Mario & Luigi RPG?
Arzest - please keep them away from Yoshi, etc lol
Good-Feel - just shipped StreetPass zombie game, Yoshi's Woolly World out soon after E3

updated with EAD Tokyo :)

Chances are good for a surprise release in Japan this year. No dice for a Western release, though, due to the gigantic localization efforts required and them already having their hands full with lots of RPGs (Fire Emblem, XenobladeX, SMTxFE, Yo-Kai Watch...).

It seems Monolith Soft Kyoto was working on Splatoon in case anyone was still convinced they were making their own game

Other things you missed
NST (Mario Vs. DK, Crosswords Plus, some dev kit stuff): Saw that they were hiring right after Tipping Stars released so maybe something later this year/early next year
Camelot (Mario Tennis/ Golf and Golden Sun): I'm thinking around the time for them to do a new RPG probably using World Tour's engine
Syn Sophia (Style Savvy basically): Presumably just localizing Style Savvy 3
Arika (Endless Ocean, 3D Classics, Dr. Mario post GC): Have done nothing since the end of 2013
Vanpool (Dillon's Rolling Western, Paper Mario : SS, made of former Square guys): Similar situation to Arika

Enforced

I don't care when it's released, just announce a new Metroid game, Nintendo. That's all I ask :(
Metriod prime
hunters 2
I don't mind if they make another one like that. This reminds me that I still need to finish metriod fusion. What's your favourite metriod game?

TheMoon

It seems Monolith Soft Kyoto was working on Splatoon in case anyone was still convinced they were making their own game

Other things you missed
NST (Mario Vs. DK, Crosswords Plus, some dev kit stuff): Saw that they were hiring right after Tipping Stars released so maybe something later this year/early next year
Camelot (Mario Tennis/ Golf and Golden Sun): I'm thinking around the time for them to do a new RPG probably using World Tour's engine
Arika (Endless Ocean, 3D Classics, Dr. Mario post GC): Have done nothing since the end of 2013
Vanpool (Dillon's Rolling Western, Paper Mario : SS, made of former Square guys): Similar situation to Arika

I hope we'll have beaten that "MLSI Kyoto is making a game!" stuff out of people soon.

And big D'Oh at all the studios I forgot about :D ...will update the list again!

oh and I guess we both forgot about Headstrong (still tinkering away at Art Academy?) and Vitei (Steel Diver HD? Star Fox support?)

Roo

Metriod prime
hunters 2
I don't mind if they make another one like that. This reminds me that I still need to finish metriod fusion. What's your favourite metriod game?
God no.
I don't care if it's Prime or Other M 2 or Samus' baby returns. Just gimme my Metroid!

As for favorite.. Prime>Prime 3>Other M>Prime 2> 2D stuff.

Nintendo has the Treehouse and everybody's gonna be in there hahaha! I literally kept that stream on for hours whenever it was on at E3.

Also I'm hoping for some new games outta nowhere like Splatoon did last E3. It was basically a surprise and then to see it being played on the show floor brought in some unexpected hype! They definitely need to announce and show games for this year for WiiU/n3DS because it's looking a little a dry few months ahead....gonna be hard since a lot of people are thinking about NX stuff.

Ahnez

In all seriousness, I'd be bugged the fuck out if that was one of the launch games. :p On the Wii U, it feels like they just up-ported a Wii game that they were making because they were desperate for having something ready for a console launch that was too early.

Even though that was a joke, I really doubt a New Super Mario bros. game will not be among the launch games for their next console :p

Enforced

So the mario kart team is done with the DLC? I want them to continue working on the DLC. I want more. D:
God no.
I don't care if it's Prime or Other M 2 or Samus' baby returns. Just gimme my Metroid!
I don't really like to play favorite but I think Prime 2 is the best of all on trilogy. I haven't play Other M yet.

TheMoon

Even though that was a joke, I really doubt a New Super Mario bros. game will not be among the launch games for their next console :p

To me, Mario Maker existing signals an end to the NSMB games as we know them. I genuinely think they're gonna reboot 2D Mario in a way to get away from the NSMB-staleness after the backlash against NSMB2/U (despite both being excellent). Even if it's just a new coat of paint and them dropping the New-prefix. #believe

So the mario kart team is done with the DLC? I want more. D:

Well, they released everything they had announced so unless they announce something else, consider that case closed.

So the mario kart team is done with the DLC? I want them to continue working on the DLC. I want more. D:

I don't really like to play favorite but I think Prime 2 is the best of all on trilogy. I haven't play Other M yet.

I would be really surprised if there's no more DLC on the way. The reception it's received so far has been amazing and I'm sure it's making them a good amount of money.

Mithos

PT00.jpg

What game is this, and was this a teaser for Wii U?

Neoxon

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid Prime 4

Given when Retro started their new game, I'm pretty sure their next project is a Wii U project. I can agree on the other two, but I'm not sure if they'll go for another Galaxy game instead of something different.

While I'd love more MK8 DLC, the fact that its producer is supposedly headlining the mobile games likely indicates that they're done supporting MK8 with DLC.

AdanVC

Yeah if there's no Metroid game at E3 this year then riot forever. It's been too long I don't want Metroid to be F-Zero-ed. :'(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
God no.

In a galaxy far, far away, I guess.

Drago

Other things you missed
Also
skip ltd. (last game was Chibi Robo Photo Finder in July 2013 in Japan, and nothing since. they should be up to something new by now)

Feels like everyone forgets skip. :(

Enforced

Prime 2 is a really good game but the whole Ather/Dark Aether back and forth concept got boring really fast.
Really? I really like that concept. I felt uneasy in my first playthrough whenever I enter the dark world because atmosphere hurt you and the enemies were stronger than the light world enemy. Prime 2 is like zelda majora's mask to me.

I just want a Metroid set after Fusion. =(

I wonder who would handle a potential Metroid V. Sakmoto seems to want to do less traditional games and focus on quirkier titles but there's a chance that Iwata might rope him in again. If that's the case, I hope it's less like Fusion (I like Fusion btw) and Other M and it goes back to a more non-linear and exploration style.

On the topic of the Prime series, I've only completed the first one but I have 2 and 3 as part of the trilogy pack. From what I've seen of Prime 2, the whole switching between the Light and Dark World looks tedious and you also limited ammo sometimes which might be annoying when I start playing it.

Josh5890

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid Prime 4

Maybe. Personally I would wait until the year after release for Metroid Prime 4. If Retro indeed has one more Wii-U game coming out, then I don't see them turning around and releasing another game that soon, especially with it being a new system.

As for Animal Crossing, I hope they hold off releasing it for the Wii-U and make it a launch game for the NX. It could be something special.

-Horizon-

I've played both. Prime 2 >>> Other M no question.

TheMoon

Why would the NX be particularly suited for Animal Crossing?

I feel he's basing it off the common assumption that it'll be a handheld/home-console hybrid and that an Animal Crossing for a system like that could have the best of both worlds then. The mobility of New Leaf with the ability to put it on your TV and enjoy the glorious visuals there if you're at home.

Also
skip ltd. (last game was Chibi Robo Photo Finder in July 2013 in Japan, and nothing since. they should be up to something new by now)

Feels like everyone forgets skip. :(

I remembered skip, ...when I finally found that list of Nintendo developers and partners I made last year.

Interestingly enough I went to skip's website and they list every staff member

Josh5890

I feel he's basing it off the common assumption that it'll be a handheld/home-console hybrid and that an Animal Crossing for a system like that could have the best of both worlds then. The mobility of New Leaf with the ability to put it on your TV and enjoy the glorious visuals there if you're at home.

This 100%. I put in 200 hours with my New Leaf Town. The portability factor is what makes Animal Crossing perfect for me. If I could go between a handheld and a home console with the next Animal Crossing, not to mention all of the potential enhancements, I smell a great game.

TheMoon

This 100%. I put in 200 hours with my New Leaf Town. The portability factor is what makes Animal Crossing perfect for me. If I could go between a handheld and a home console with the next Animal Crossing, not to mention all of the potential enhancements, I smell a great game.

There are probably ways they could pull this off now on 3DS and Wii U, too but if that is indeed what NX turns out to be, it would probably be better for both devs and gamers to hold off until then.

Honestly, I was fully subscribed to the Animal Crossing U in 2015 theory until they announced Happy Home Designer for 3DS only. That just confused things for me. First I thought "you do the home designer thing on 3DS and then transfar (heh, haven't heard that word in a while?^^) this over to the Wii U game but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Oh of course. :p

Given when Retro started their new game, I'm pretty sure their next project is a Wii U project. I can agree on the other two, but I'm not sure if they'll go for another Galaxy game instead of something different.

I think that they'll definitely do something big with Mario, and IMO, I think that Galaxy 3 can be both "the next big leap" of Mario and the 3D Mario that Nintendo fans really want.

Maybe. Personally I would wait until the year after release for Metroid Prime 4. If Retro indeed has one more Wii-U game coming out, then I don't see them turning around and releasing another game that soon, especially with it being a new system.

True, though do we know that Retro is still making that Wii U game for Wii U? Pikmin 3 was on Wii for a long time after all, so I could see them moving their project up to NX. Honestly, Metroid Prime 4 would benefit a lot from being a launch title.

TheMoon

Updated Rundown:

~ EAD Kyoto ~
EAD 1 - just got Mario Kart 8 DLC out the door, (former??) Group Producer Hideki Konno rumored to be heading up the mobile game development
EAD 3 - ZELDAAAAAAAAAA
EAD 4 - Mario Maker

~ EAD Tokyo ~
Group 1 (Producer: Shimizu) - 3DS Louvre Guide /w Indieszero & Majora's Mask 3D w/ Grezzo was their last thing apparently
Group 2 (Producer: Koizumi) - last game: NES Remix 2/Super Mario 3D World) / hinting at next big 3D Mario being prepared for the next systems launch
Group 3 (Producer: Hayashida) - (assuming Hayashida really got his own additional group and didn't just take over for someone on Grp 1 or 2) last game: Captain Toad / Ultimate NES Remix

~Nintendo SPD~

SPD 1 (Sakamoto's group but Shikamaru said he might be running a new secret team since last year? maybe we'll learn what came of that soon?) - Tomodachi Life / Game & Wario were the last things, iirc - and Rhythm Heaven, so they're doing Rhythm Tengoku Plus for 3DS atm
SPD 2 a.k.a. Team Super Yamagami All-Stars: Xenoblade X w/ MonolithSoft, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. w/ IntSys, FE If w/ IntSys, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem w/ ATLUS & IntSys
SPD 3 a.k.a. Super Tanabe Bros (western collabos): Whatever Retro is doing, whatever Next Level is doing

~Subsidiaries/Frequent Collaborators~

Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem If comes out in June / Code Name S.T.E.A.M. just came out, Stretchmo/Fullblox just came out / Paper Mario is rumored / said new Advance Wars would be shown "When the time is right"
HAL - Kirby Rainbow just came out, BOXBOY! just came out / they expressed interest in full 3D platformer Kirby
Good-Feel - just shipped StreetPass zombie game, Yoshi's Woolly World out soon after E3

UPDATED with:
Skip - Chibi-Robo Photo Finder was their latest jam
Vitei - last worked on Steel Diver: Sub Wars wtih EAD5
Headstrong - tinkering away at that Art Academy game for Wii U that was announced two years ago... (bring back Battalion Wars! Gamepad says hi!)
Vanpool - Dillon and Paper Mario Sticker Star, they could be helping with Paper Mario again or doing a Wii U Dillon or something different entirely
Arika - Dr. Luigi was their latest thing. I still want a Wii U entry of Endless Ocean ...
NST - just released Mario vs DK Tipping Stars and made the Nintendo Web Framework thing so expect silence from them until the next Mario vs DK game is ready I guess
Syn Sophia - Girls Mode 3 (Style Savvy 3) just came out in Japan
Genius Sonority - just shipped Pokémon Shuffle, Denpa Men F2P localization doesn't seem likely?
Ambrella - just shipped Pokémon Rumble World
Red Entertainment - just shipped Fossil Fighters Frontier
Grounding - recently put out a 3DS/Wii U game in Japan for Bamco
Camelot - Mario Tennis/Golf entries have been served up. Time for another Golden Sun game, no? Please?
Ganbarion - Wii Fit U was their latest Nintendo collabo, put out their normal licensed stuff since then

thanks astrogamer and Drago for reminding me of the ones I missed!

Prope - Just finished Ultimate Angler with Nintendo in Mii Plaza, also did Monster Manor in Mii Plaza.
Mistwalker - Last did The Last Story with Nintendo and got their blessing to do a TLS quest in Terra Battle.
Asobism - Last did Freakyforms Deluxe at 3DS retail quite a while ago, seem to be a mobile-focused company?
Platinum Games - Last did Bayo 1 & 2 with Nintendo. Working on Scalebound for MS, and Yamagami possibly hinted at something else with Nintendo and Platinum?
Valhalla Games Studio - Working on Devil's Third
Atlus - Collaborating with IntSys on SMTxFE.
Koei Tecmo - Last did Hyrule Warriors and Fatal Frame 5 with Nintendo. Wii U was listed as among their focuses this year or something?
Noise Games - Last made a Kumamon game on 3DS. No word on anything since. Last work with Nintendo themselves was Custom Robo Arena.
Sega - Just finished up Sonic Boom as the last(?) game in the exclusivity deal, as well as Sonic in Smash Wii U/3DS last actual collab was the Zelda level in Lost World, with Mario & Sonic Sochi as the last proper game. Likely underway with Mario & Sonic Rio. Why not look at my VERY in-depth look at this topic? ;)
Bandai Namco Entertainment - Last did Smash. Also did Wii Sports Club, helped with Mario Kart 8, doing Pokken, hell, just see here! :p

Mory Dunz

Fast Neo Racing will probably come into existence soon.

Also, I feel like not having Pokken as a 2015 Holiday game could be a missed opportunity. (It's not really in their hands though.) Not hardware wise, since that boat is sailed, but if Toad pushed 250k near black friday/christmas, an actually advertised Pokken could maybe do 400-450k imo. Or more.
EDIT: NPD

edited my post with more stuff, here's a repost for the new page:

EAD 2, some of the guys that are currently busy with Splatoon! And they're working on AC: Happy Home Designer for 3DS, too. And of course we're all expecting a new proper Animal Crossing to be announced soon-ish.

DKCTF was done in November 2013 (known fact). So they're deep into their game by now. Next Level is also way deep (they have an extra year on Retro) into their game (supposedly a Wii U title). EAD 5 is making Star Fox with outside help, EAD 3 is of course sweating bullets over getting Zelda out the door.

Rundown:
EAD 3 - ZELDAAAAAAAAAA
EAD 4 - Mario Maker

SPD 1 (Sakamoto's group but Shikamaru said he might be running a new secret team since last year? maybe we'll learn what came of that soon?) - Tomodachi Life / Game & Wario were the last things, iirc
SPD 2 a.k.a. Team Super Yamagami All-Stars: Xenoblade X w/ MonolithSoft, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. w/ IntSys, FE If w/ IntSys, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem w/ ATLUS & IntSys, Devil's Third w/ Itagaki-san, probably also involved with Project Treasure (Harada's game from Bamco)

Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem If comes out in June / Code Name S.T.E.A.M. just came out, Stretchmo/Fullblox just came out / Paper Mario is rumored / supervising on SMTxFE / said last year Advance Wars will be revealed "When The Time Is Right"
HAL - Kirby Rainbow just came out, BOXBOY! just came out / they expressed interest in full 3D platformer Kirby / have a "new ideas!" initiative going internally (boxboy was born from that)
Monster Games - just got done porting Xenoblade to New 3DS (also helped with DKCTF and did DKCR3D), maybe they're working on another N3DS port?
Grezzo - just shipped Majora's Mask 3D
GameFreak - that elephant game that's skipping Ninty platforms / OMG MAYBE A NEW POH KEY MAN?

probably forgetting something...

Game Freak staff is obviously studying with Level 5 , so they can properly use the 3ds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom