• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A number of PSP games re-appear on UK/EU PSN; many Vita-compatible

DISCLAIMER - I can't verify the compatibility of any of these games myself. I have bought one of them (Thrillville) to test it and the game works, but it's in French (and my account is UK PSN).

So, as I've been posting in the PlayStation Network thread, RK128 suggested I make a thread about it for wider discussion.

So I check the PSP section of the Vita's store quite often and I noticed a number of new additions today, for example:

esTTUFT.jpg

And after digging further, I discovered a number of other removed or new PSP games had appeared on PSN - including Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Fate/Unlimited Codes, both of which had previously been removed due to licencing issues (worth noting that PSP2 isn't listed as being Vita compatible).

The newly-listed games that I can see:

Fate Unlimited Codes (PSP/Vita)

Gensan (PSP/Vita - not entirely sure this one is new though)

Iron Man (PSP/Vita)

Megamind: The Blue Defender (PSP/Vita)

Need for Speed Undeground Rivals (PSP/Vita)

Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP-only)

The Secret Saturdays (PSP/Vita - not entirely sure this one is new either)

Thrillville: Off the Rails (PSP/Vita)

There may be more I'm unaware of, but these are the ones I could come up with after a quick check through. Phantasy Star Nova & Fate/Unlimited Codes in particular stick out to me as being glitches, because both were pulled due to licencing problems - I find it difficult to believe that both SEGA and Capcom resolved these issues and put them back up on PSN without an announcement.

Takao

Banned
EU's version of the great Vita glitch of 2014? I lost my copies of DBZ: Shin Budokai 2, PSPortable 2 and a few others due to my 32GB getting corrupted. ;_;

RK128

Thank you Kresnik258 for doing this :D; that way in case this really is the EU's version of 'The Great PSN Glitch of 2014', people have a chance at getting a few of these games before Sega, Capcom and others pull them from the store.

EU's version of the great Vita glitch of 2014? I lost my copies of DBZ: Shin Budokai 2, PSPortable 2 and a few others due to my 32GB getting corrupted. ;_;

Did you ever back them up to your PS3 or PC? Because you can still access them if you did that; when the glitch happened, I transfered all of my 'forbidden' games (Crash 1-Team Racing, Spyro 1-3, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Pac-Man CE) to my laptop and back, and I still have access to all of them :).

MrNineties

Semi cross-post from the recent Konami thread but damnit I am dying for them to make the AC!D games available on PSN. Am I alone here?

We got that glitch too, which is how I managed to get Burnout; Populous: The Beginning; The Sims 2; SSX On Tour & Theme Hospital on my Vita.

... none of which are compatible with this glitch, btw. It seems to be games which were removed which have now been erroneously listed again, rather than making existing stuff compatible.

Takao

Banned
Did you ever back them up to your PS3 or PC? Because you can still access them if you did that; when the glitch happened, I transfered all of my 'forbidden' games (Crash 1-Team Racing, Spyro 1-3, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Pac-Man CE) to my laptop and back, and I still have access to all of them :).

I did a full card back up onto my laptop. CMA told me the data was corrupted too. ;_;

MrNineties

Hell no. People like you and me cry every day because those games are missing.

Still have AC!D 2 in my Peace Walker PSP. Play often. Oh the feels.

Maybe now that the majority of us use a "legacy platform" to access these they will throw up their hands and open the floodgate. Last ditch effort to earn some rev.

RK128

I did a full card back up onto my laptop. CMA told me the data was corrupted too. ;_;

What I did was copy the games directly to my laptop; no back-ups, just standard copying of the games. Maybe you can try that again and see if that works; sorry you lost those games Takao :(.

Ashkeloth

Bit the bullet and bought Fate Unlimited Codes while I could since it's a digital download only game and I'm a fan of the Fate series and fighting games generally.

£24.99 is way too expensive for the quality of the game, but to hell with it. Downloading it on my Vita now. I'll report back if there's any issues.

So, after a bit of research, it seems like the version of Thrillville: Off the Rails that used to be on EU PSN was the French version, and that got pulled because it was put up in non-French-speaking countries:

http://community.eu.playstation.com...on-Thrillville-Off-The-Rails-PSN/td-p/9896933

(This is the version of the game I have right now after having downloaded it).

That to me says even more that this is a glitch. I kinda want to report it to get my money back because I don't particularly want this game in French, but I think I'll leave it for now since it might trigger them pulling everything at once.

Think I'm gonna take the plunge on Need for Speed and see what happens. If anyone tries out Fate/Unlimited or Phantasy Star, let me know if they work on Vita please!

Edit:

Bit the bullet and bought Fate Unlimited Codes while I could since it's a digital download only game and I'm a fan of the Fate series and fighting games generally.

£24.99 is way too expensive for the quality of the game, but to hell with it. Downloading it on my Vita now. I'll report back if there's any issues.

Great! Do you mind posting in here once it's downloaded just to let me know whether the game works okay? It's very expensive for what it is, but there might not be another chance to get it.

Ashkeloth

Can confirm that Fate/Unlimited Codes works fine.

Menus and game are all in English. Voices in Japanese, obviously. No graphical, sound or saving issues after a couple of fights in Arcade mode.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Phantasy Star is still incompatible as usual. But when there will be another store glitch I'll be happy that I bought it.
(never)

And Gensan was never delisted on European PSN.

Can confirm that Underground Rivals can't be downloaded directly to Vita. I'll try it using the PS3 transfer method, but probably in the morning now.

Uhyve

So PSP2 isn't compatible with the Vita? Shame, I'd totally pay £30 to play that...

Unfortunately, I have no clue where my PSP charger is.

Tsunamo

Shame about Phantasy Star Portable 2 not being compatible, but on the other hand $53 is a pretty steep price. Fate/Unlimited Codes was also tempting but $44.95 is way too much.

Wow, even The Cryptics has reappeared on the store, even though there's no option to actually buy it.

Hey, nice work! I also spotted The Cryptics last night but wasn't confident enough that it was new.

I see you're using Australian PSN for these - some of the ones you linked (Open Season; Rengoku 2) were up on EU PSN the whole time. But it's very interesting to see some other "slip ups" on Aus PSN too. What the hell is going on?!

By the way - I downloaded NFS: Underground Rivals this morning - doesn't work through PS3 transfer either. I think I'm gonna ask for my money back later today on this + Thrillville - although it was a nice experiment, those were the only two games I really wanted (I'd like to try Fate/Unlimited, but I think I only want it because it won't return, rather than actually wanting to play it).

Piccoro

Nice find. Is everybody sure that Phantasy Star doesn't work on Vita? I would love to play it...
Also, now that this glitch is posted on Neogaf, Sony will pull the games any minute now... :/

Also, now that this glitch is posted on Neogaf, Sony will pull the games any minute now... :/

Probably, but I'm not sure it's really that big a deal to be honest. Most of these games are just cheap licensed shovelware really. The only really notable one is Fate/Unlimited which people should grab while they can, and Phantasy Star Portable 2 which isn't even Vita compatible.

I suppose the bonus of that one (plus Need for Speed) is that you can buy it now to have in your download list on the possibility that someone at SCE trips the cable again and makes everything in your download list compatible. I think that's what I'm going to do with NFS after all - although it's frustrating, I think I'll wait to see if there's any possibility of getting it on my Vita in future.

Mepsi

I got incredibly excited when I saw PSP2 in this list. Then my heart broke when I saw it wasn't Vita compatible. Why would they do this to us ;-;

Does anybody know if PSP2 can be transfered to the Vita via PC coz I remember about a year ago when the game became downloadable via the download list on PS3, if you transferred the game worked just fine.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I got incredibly excited when I saw PSP2 in this list. Then my heart broke when I saw it wasn't Vita compatible. Why would they do this to us ;-;

Does anybody know if PSP2 can be transfered to the Vita via PC coz I remember about a year ago when the game became downloadable via the download list on PS3, if you transferred the game worked just fine.
Sadly you can't download games to a PC and transfer to a Vita, it has to be directly to the Vita or via a PS3. But if you manage to get it on your Vita you can freely transfer it between your PC and your Vita.

I pulled the gun on psp2. If I transfer it from my ps3 to my vita it should work right? Can I download it forever or only while the bug lasts? My ps3 is at a friends house whose DVD player broke and he lives in another town and I'm too busy this weekend to visit him.

Secret Saturdays is not up in the Dutch PSN store as of now. Gensan and Fate are priced at 30 euro and NfSUR is 20 euro. Let us hope they will adjust the prices to the standard PSP pricing of between 5 and 20 euro (with some more expensive games like Trails as exceptions).

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I pulled the gun on psp2. If I transfer it from my ps3 to my vita it should work right? Can I download it forever or only while the bug lasts? My ps3 is at a friends house whose DVD player broke and he lives in another town and I'm too busy this weekend to visit him.

Doesn't work, just tried it. :( And I think this will stay in your download list forever, they don't remove games people claim because of their mistakes.

Top Bottom