• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech confirms a new wheel for PS4 - and reveals a new Xbox One contender too

Theorry

Following several leaks, Logitech has confirmed the existence of the G29 steering wheel, the successor to its successful line of peripherals that took in the G25 and G27 - and it's also revealed the G920, the Xbox One equivalent that's launching in October this year.

The G29 is an evolution of the G27, and it'll be compatible with PS4, PS3 and PC. It'll feature dual-motor force feedback with anti-backlash helical gearing (I won't pretend to understand what the latter part means), a leather-wrapped rim complete with gear shift indicator LED lights and a stainless steel three pedal set-up.

The G29 starts shipping in July. Both units will cost £299.99 - a significant price point, but one that puts it in line with Thrustmaster's top-end console wheels. Like them, both the G29 and G920 will have a separate stick shifters should you want to go beyond the paddle shifts on the main unit.

KFUteR8.jpg

66ImQns.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ps4-and-reveals-a-new-xbox-one-contender-too

Nerix

Nice. A word about compatibility of the G27 and the DFGT with the PS4? That´s what 95% of the users want to know...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
£50 more than the thrustmaster T300 which I think is belt driven? I guess when things settle down they are likely to be retailing for around the same price.

Does this sound more like the G27 than the DFGT?

SmokyDave

I hope that splitting out the shifter doesn't affect how many games support 'proper' gears. I can't demonstrate my mad shifting skillz with paddles.

Seanspeed

Banned
yo whats the third pedal for
ain't nobody got time for that
Nitrous

When drag racing and you're in 11th gear, and your challenger is still right alongside you, you just put your foot down on the pedal hard and suddenly you get that extra boost you need to win the race and impress viewers.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure at least. I've learned everything I know about racing from The Fast and the Furious.

artsi

399€

Hopefully G27 support comes to PS4, otherwise I'm forced to upgrade when GT7 hits the shelf.

ddikxela

It would be neat to have a rumble feature in the pedal setup at least. It would make racing games a tiny bit more immersive getting that type of feedback through your feet/legs when running up the arse of another car at corners etc.
I feel we are going to pay $850 for this in NZ :(

If they were developing compatibility for G25/G27/DFGT, there'd be no need for these new wheels.

It's not happening.

I know, sadly. Quite disappointing. Will not be buying another wheel when I have a perfectly good one sitting here not getting used.

Great for first wheel buyers, though.

Jimrpg

damn it? I got the G27 over Christmas but for $200 Australian... at 299 pounds that's probably $500 Australian dollars a $300 more just to basically play one game - GT7. Not worth it in my opinion.

Do you think they will make G27 PS4 compatibile? Kinda assholes if they don't.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If they were developing compatibility for G25/G27/DFGT, there'd be no need for these new wheels.

It's not happening.

This wheel doesn't sound much different from previous wheels. And the naming keeps it in the same family. I'd guess that the drivers are probably warmed over DFGT/G27 drivers.

If Logitech aren't talking about that, then it is more because they want the focus to be on their new wheel for the moment. I hope we'll hear more once games get patched for it.

Makikou

Welp, a bit overpriced for having no belt-driven ffb. Also a stick shift costs even more extra.

Not impressed, i think this values my recent T300RS purchase even more :p

Damn shame.

Was hoping Logitech would create a PC/XBO/PS4 wheel at extra cost. Don't want to buy two wheels and have to unbolt one from the rig just to play Forza, then unbolt that and remount the PS4 one just to play Gran Turismo.

I bought the Fanatec PWTS for this reason which worked on PC/360/PS3. Please Thrustmaster, do something.

I believe Fanatec have an incredibly expensive solution. If I stumble across a pot of gold I may go that route but until then please, I want to have one rig to play PC and the consoles, am I the only one? I'm not a PC/PS4 or PC/Xbox person.

Zeknurn

Why not one wheel that does Bone, PS4 and PC?

Big missed opportunity there.

Because neither console manufacturer lets to you use a rim that has the "wrong" face buttons.

Look into the Fanatec CSW v2 for their solution to this dumb restriction.

bombshell

"Please buy this expensive new wheel that we will make damn sure to not support as soon as the next consoles are released".

DFGT support on PS4 please...

LilJoka

Rip off considering a G27 is £160 2nd hand with a shifter.
Also how annoying one for X1 & PC and another for Playstation.

I'm gonna buy the G29 as soon as Sony announces the next Gran Turismo.
I'm not a big fan of racing games, but Gran Turismo is a completely different story ;)
King of all racing games.

Mascot

Because neither console manufacturer lets to you use a rim that has the "wrong" face buttons.

Easily circumvented in any number of ways for anyone with the most basic of product design skills.

Hell, my old Fanatec GT2 has buttons that light up with different symbols depending which mode it's in.

Seanspeed

Banned
G29 game steering wheel is designed for the latest racing games for your PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®3 console. G29 Driving Force also works on your PC using Logitech Gaming Software.

From the last link. I'd say yea. Both look to be PC compatible.

Seanspeed

Banned

Look into the Fanatec CSW v2 for their solution to this dumb restriction.
Kinda ridiculous they don't just come with stickers or some shit or a little swappable faceplate that labels the buttons according to what system you have.

Jimrpg

Damn shame.

Was hoping Logitech would create a PC/XBO/PS4 wheel at extra cost. Don't want to buy two wheels and have to unbolt one from the rig just to play Forza, then unbolt that and remount the PS4 one just to play Gran Turismo.

I bought the Fanatec PWTS for this reason which worked on PC/360/PS3. Please Thrustmaster, do something.

I believe Fanatec have an incredibly expensive solution. If I stumble across a pot of gold I may go that route but until then please, I want to have one rig to play PC and the consoles, am I the only one? I'm not a PC/PS4 or PC/Xbox person.

THIS!

why PS3 and PS4, would much rather XBONE and PS4 and PC!

It's just horrible having too many pheripherals.

Top Bottom