• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech confirms a new wheel for PS4 - and reveals a new Xbox One contender too

amnesiac

So it's more expensive than the G27 and it doesn't even come with a gear shifter. Bleh.

I'll wait for another popular, cheaper wheel to take the G27's place for the PS4.

kyser73

Do you eat your wheels?

You don't really understand veganism, do you?

The principle is to avoid using any products that use animals in any way - so that includes avoiding animal skin use on clothing, footwear, bags & in this case, gaming wheels.

QaaQer

So it's more expensive than the G27 and it doesn't even come with a gear shifter. Bleh.

I'll wait for another popular, cheaper wheel to take the G27's place for the PS4.

There already is the T80, but from personal experience, you'll be faster using a pad.

ps3ud0

Got to say Id rather stop playing (console) sims than replace my G25 when racing wheels cost more than the console they are compatible with. It just feels like a lot to spend just to replace when I could potentially use that elsewhere - its just not important enough to justify.

If Logitech dont provide backwards support that Ill stop supporting them (I have a lot of their stuff). Very little technically AFAIU that stops them providing that...

ps3ud0 8)

Watto

Neo Member
I'm really tempted to pre order on the Logitech website... is this is a stupid thing to do, should I be doing it through a retailer?

Zeknurn

I'm really tempted to pre order on the Logitech website... is this is a stupid thing to do, should I be doing it through a retailer?

I'd wait for people to review them before even considering preordering. I don't think they can justify the price compared to the Thrustmaster wheels.

Dilly

Banned
So it's a G27 with additional buttons and a shifter sold seperately?

What a terrible deal, you used to be cool Logitech.

CaVaYeRo

Yeah, thanks, it now literally says "G29 Driving Force also works on your PC using Logitech Gaming Software".

What a confusing PR indeed...

I just got a brand new T300 for way less than that (212 pounds), that's a really bad price from Logitech and even worse without their rather terrible shifter.

The only reason to consider this is reliability.

Megasoum

Banned
It kinda pisses me off that because Logitech is much bigger and with more marketing money they will trick a bunch of people into buying their new overpriced wheel while there are much cheaper and much better wheels available on the market.

Guys please... Don't pay 400$+ for a god damn gear mechanism wheel... That's terrible value.

"The G29 starts shipping in July. "

Actually doesn't.

Logitech's own press release states that both will launch in October. Pro level fact-checking from EG.

paskowitz

Everyone had been waiting so anxiously for this wheel... and it's $400. Lol. Talk about taking the wind out of the sails.

For those wondering, Thrustmaster T300 is a much better value. Also, assuming this wheel is largely the same as the G27, yes, a Fanatec ClubSport Wheel V2 setup is worth 3 times the price.

Both TM and Fanatec give you the option to upgrade your setup as you go along.

Nerix

Will not be buying another wheel when I have a perfectly good one sitting here not getting used.
This. My DFGT is perfectly fine and collecting dust. A shame, that they probably won´t support it, even if they could (obviously to generate more revenue with the new wheel).

It kinda pisses me off that because Logitech is much bigger and with more marketing money they will trick a bunch of people into buying their new overpriced wheel while there are much cheaper and much better wheels available on the market.

Guys please... Don't pay 400$+ for a god damn gear mechanism wheel... That's terrible value.

Haven't done much research into the thrustmaster wheels as I didn't want to spend over $250, but are belt driven wheels better? More reliable?

Megasoum

Banned
Haven't done much research into the thrustmaster wheels as I didn't want to spend over $250, but are belt driven wheels better? More reliable?

Yeah much better. Not sure about reliability (I doubt it really changes anything) but it's a much smooth movement.

Oh come on, what's with these prices?!

I will not buy a fucking plastic controller that costs as much as the whole console. No.

Produce also something for the lower price range. But not shit like "hey, here's a 100€ wheel but it has no FF LOL" which is the current situation on PS4.

Oh come on, what's with these prices?!

I will not buy a fucking plastic controller that costs as much as the whole console. No.

Produce also something for the lower price range. But not shit like "hey, here's a 100€ wheel but it has no FF LOL" which is the current situation on PS4.

I honestly think that entry level FFB wheels are gone for good. The Xbox brand hasn't had one since the official Microsoft one that got discontinued years ago, and the Playstation hasn't had one since the DFGT. Which is also conveniently discontinued.

Aticos

T300 all the way. A much better wheel with a LOT more options for upgrading later if you want (new rims and accessories) and it's actually cheaper.

Logitech is a fucking rip off.

I think T300RS is expensive because it doesn't comes with 3-Pedals (Only 2-Pedals) and add-on shifter cost £129.99 whereas Logitech shifter cost only £49.99 and comes with 3-Pedal.
T300RS is a better wheel but when you add add-on, it way expensive.

I think I'll stick with my T500RS.

So will legacy Logitech wheels be getting PS4 compatibility now? I thought Logitech had left the market for this kind of thing.

Bollocks

You don't really understand veganism, do you?

The principle is to avoid using any products that use animals in any way - so that includes avoiding animal skin use on clothing, footwear, bags & in this case, gaming wheels.

lol, the animals will die either way, might as well honor the death and get some nice clothes. I can understand if you don't like the taste, but that's extreme

lol, the animals will die either way, might as well honor the death and get some nice clothes. I can understand if you don't like the taste, but that's extreme

Getting a little off topic here, but if someone can't stand eating meat (whether due to taste or principal), you really think they wouldn't mind wrapping their hands around it on a wheel?

I have a G25 that I currently only use on the PC.

It sucks that it will never work with PS4 or Xbox One.

I don't really want to spend that amount of money on a new steering wheel when I already have one and it also isn't compatible with PS4 and Xbox One.

Won't buy it, that's for sure. If G27 ends up never being supported, I'm just gonna say bye bye to console racers this gen. My g27 is perfectly functional.

amnesiac

Won't buy it, that's for sure. If G27 ends up never being supported, I'm just gonna say bye bye to console racers this gen. My g27 is perfectly functional.

Could Logitech even make the G27 compatible if they wanted to? I remember reading that there's a chip inside the PS4 that prevents compatibility.

Motoko

Could Logitech even make the G27 compatible if they wanted to? I remember reading that there's a chip inside the PS4 that prevents compatibility.

Of course they could but this doesn't happen easily. The G29 is basically a reskin of the G25/27. I really hope someone could hacks the G29 drivers for ps4 to flash the old G's rom.

mike4001_

I just searched and couldn´t find anything.

Is der any good (force feedback) racing week out there which works on the PS4 and Xbox One ?

The chip is for full functionality. Drivers can be added to make it work like the older thrusmaster wheels, Fanatec wheels or ps3 fight sticks work in limited capacity (won't work in menus). But doing so is mired in issues, one of which is the patents involved with the oler Logitech wheels. It's not the only issue but it's the one we know most about.

Top Bottom