• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mick Gordon working on Doom

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1f4qhp.jpg

the most important announcement of e3

I was really underwhelmed by all the music in the gameplay that was shown, and I don't recognize this guy's name. I guess it'll get better?

Kacho

Very cool. I'll need to hear some direct stuff when it becomes available. What I heard in the demo wasn't great.

RK128

Talk about a perfect match XD! His Killer Instinct soundtrack is amazing, filled with such energizing, hard and rocking music. That should fit like a glove for Doom and I can't wait to hear some of the games soundtrack across the next few months :D!

Didn't hear anything like Killer Instinct in the Doom Demo.....but I guess over the crowd's reactions and the people talking, it was hard to hear.

Great news and between this and the map editor, I am looking forward to what this new Doom brings :D!

fanboi

Banned
Well the Music in the gameplay video they released (well gameplay aka from different angels etc) was fucking ace.

pa22word

I really hope that doom 4 E3 footage was just that way because it was at E3 and they didn't want to turn the people who usually buy Bethesda products off of it because it was too much like the older games.

And then Kevin Durant descends perfectly uninjured from the heavens to sweep both the Cavs and the Warriors at the same time in order to secure OKC the NBA title, all my medical problems vanish, and I suddenly win the lottery tomorrow.

JMTHEFOX

Honestly shocked by this. Good luck to him though, as his music for KI is pure eargasm.

I wonder if he is still making music for KI Season 3 though.

Fantomas

Had never heard of Mick before, but I'm a fan now. Looking forward to hearing what Doom sounds like after hearing that Killer Instinct music.

SinShep

This is probably the biggest draw to me for the new Doom. The gameplay looks fairly fun, but playing to Mick Gordon's work will make it definitely worthwhile.

I wonder if he is still making music for KI Season 3 though.

If he's not, I can't name any other possible replacements that'll live up to his work.

Those fucking drums, man.

Had never heard of Mick before, but I'm a fan now. Looking forward to hearing what Doom sounds like after hearing that Killer Instinct music.

He did the Wolfenstein TNO soundtrack also. I'd recommend giving that a listen.

Delt31

wow - that's great news. Gordon is a god - period. Check out Killer Instinct's soundtrack. He NAILED it.

Ont

I thought this was confirmed already? Like I have seen Doom 4 track samples on his Vine/Instragram already.

Mick is the shit man. The work he has done on all his games have been great but his Killer Instinct work I feel is what puts him in front of a lot of others. There are so many styles he mixes in and all of the songs lend the characters a heap of, well, character. Season 1 alone is great with Thunder's song makes fucking flutes hype as hell, Orchid's theme is gaudy and poppy with a real kick to it, Jago's has the monk chanting working through it. Sabrewulf even gets his own orchestral piece having the strings intermixed with various machinery and lab parts moving around and its awesome. How can we not talk about Spinal's as well? Spinal is made more than just a dumb skeleton guy in this game and personally I feel a lot of that is due to Mick's amazing theme for him. Whenever I hear that one I can't help but picture some ceremony by the ocean side with all these people chanting and getting hype for their main man Spinal; they're chanting his name, trying to get him to come back in some occult ritual. Near the end of the song takes a random change that evokes a creature rising from the depths. It makes me think Lovecraft but this guy made the dumb pirate skeleton one of the coolest characters in fighting games to me. Listen for yourself. (If you couldn't tell I think this guy does great work :))

Here.

His Season One soundtrack is on Spotify as well, hopefully Season two will be added since all the Characters are out.

Not only is he an amazing composer, he's a great person too. He's really responsive and personable, I hope he continues to thrive. And I totally called that it was him during the presser! I love that I can pick his music out now... hope he gets to a point where everyone can.

Would love to hear him rework some of the tunes from the original Doom games. Even though half of those were covers of Rock & Metal songs.

Top Bottom