• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Showcase announced for June 2024

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I'm hoping for a release window for Fable -- or really just any more information about Fable.

Killjoy-NL

aaa11e8a-bf25-4483-aa33-7cf7a5acfc29.sized-1000x1000.png

Darsxx82

They have reached a point where it is time to show a multitude of games that are known to be in very advanced development but that have not been shown or even announced:

-Gears: This year yes or yes it should be announced. My bet is TGA

-ID game: Normally Zenimax announces its games the same year they are released.

-Perfect Dark: Matt Botty himself said that it would be shown this year.

-FH6. It will complete 4 years of development. Never has an FH had so much development time. FH5 only needs 3 years in the middle of a pandemic.

-Fable. More Gameplay?

Then there are Clockworth, South of M, State of Decay, Contraband, Everwild... and the ABK projects.

If the previous E3 was very good, this one points to high expectations for what has been accumulated.

Last edited:

Damigos

I know my opinion is wrong etc BUT, i think that MS should continue to damage control the xbox brand and move ALL next major exclusive releases to the next Xbox in 2-3 years, probably like Sony will do.
They should continue to invest in GP, release the games already announced (avowed, indiana, hellblade etc) and return with a huge bang with a proper halo, fable, gears, forza etc in 2-3 years. Again, like Sony will probably do. MS should give a reason to own an xbox.

This vague play anywhere, do whatever, all screens are xboxes and the streaming stuff are not working.
But what do i know ?🤷‍♂️

Jesb

Would be great if Splinter Cell comes back from the dead. If we don’t see it this year I’m going to assume that this one is cancelled too. I’d really like to see Perfect Dark and Fable.

MrRibeye

Conker's Other Bad Day developed by a studio with creative ideas, a sense of humor and unafraid of violence. Tango Gameworks. Unexpected yes, would it work? You know I'm right.

Robb

Gold Member
Looking forward to it! Would love a date for Clockwork Revolution. Also looking forward to more Fable. And it feels like it’s time to get an update on Perfect Dark by now.

More on Outer Worlds 2, a new Wolfenstein, Spyro 4 and a new CTR are high up on my list as well, but those are long shots for now I think.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

They have reached a point where it is time to show a multitude of games that are known to be in very advanced development but that have not been shown or even announced:

-Gears: This year yes or yes it should be announced. My bet is TGA

-ID game: Normally Zenimax announces its games the same year they are released.

-Perfect Dark: Matt Botty himself said that it would be shown this year.

-FH6. It will complete 4 years of development. Never has an FH had so much development time. FH5 only needs 3 years in the middle of a pandemic.

-Fable. More Gameplay?

Then there are Clockworth, South of M, State of Decay, Contraband, Everwild... and the ABK projects.

If the previous E3 was very good, this one points to high expectations for what has been accumulated.
Bruh, they need to release games and stat. No more "it would be shown" BS.

AJUMP23

I hope we get some fun games this year. I enjoyed most Xbox games I played last year. Forza starfield and hi fi rush.

It wasn't so much an announcement as it was just mentioning off-hand that per every other year since 2001 they will again of course be doing their June showcase. An official announcement would be closer to April/May with more specific timing and other details.

Mr Hyde

Would like a deep dive on Fable. I like what I saw last time it was shown off. The rumored Gears-collection. Clockwork Revolution looks interesting so more of that. Xbox got a lot of stuff cooking. Exciting times ahead!

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
It wasn't so much an announcement as it was just mentioning off-hand that per every other year since 2001 they will again of course be doing their June showcase. An official announcement would be closer to April/May with more specific timing and other details.
Last year we got the date early. And June is more precise than "summer". So maybe in a few weeks we will have the exact date.

Steal Elf gets her own platforming game.
It's the only Skylanders figure I own. That has to be getting a high Ebay price and I can retire early.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
For the love of god,bring all call of duty singleplayer campaigns to gamepass!!!!

The only question is when, I assume they'll release them in batches rather than dumping them all on at once.

The smart thing has to be to put 2023's entry onto gamepass at this show though - presumably sales have dropped off considerably by what will be the midpoint between releases, and then add a game or two to Gamepass every month.

Personally, I'm hoping for Gears 6 and Perfect Dark to show up. I'm likely to skip any Indy and Avowed footage on the basis that I'll definitely be playing the former and likely the latter. Interested to see what Fable looks like, but it's not a game I'm particularly bothered about.

Last edited:
I think we will finally see ContraBand gameplay

Don’t care for Call of Duty or the inevitable arse kissing they will get over backwards compatibility

Gears 6? The thought that it’s a UE5 showcase is exciting but I’d rather see a new IP from the Coalition if I’m honest

Will Everwild make an appearance after years of silence?

Don’t care for Avowed and after that showing of Indiana Jones I don’t care much for that either

Also please keep these studio tour videos to a minimum, it’s boring imo and clearly designed to fill gaps due to the lack of gameplay footage, you are not kidding people with that shite

Last edited:
I think we will finally see ContraBand gameplay

Don’t care for Call of Duty or the inevitable arse kissing they will get over backwards compatibility

Gears 6? The thought that it’s a UE5 showcase is exciting but I’d rather see a new IP from the Coalition if I’m honest

Will Everwild make an appearance after years of silence?

Don’t care for Avowed and after that showing of Indiana Jones I don’t care much for that either

Also please keep these studio tour videos to a minimum, it’s boring imo and clearly designed to fill gaps due to the lack of gameplay footage, you are not kidding people with that shite
Who's making Contraband? Fable surely must be shown with some gameplay, and Perfect Dark? Isn't there a Halo in development somewhere other than 343i?

Who's making Contraband? Fable surely must be shown with some gameplay, and Perfect Dark? Isn't there a Halo in development somewhere other than 343i?

Avalanche is making Contraband

I forgot about Fable and Perfect Dark. Yeah hopefully they show up.

No idea about Halo , not much of a fan and after Infinite lost interest completely

Top Bottom