• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Wushu announced for PlayStation 4 (Coming 2015)

ZhugeEX

Banned
11113054_918341158223269_5514445353969191206_n.jpg

King of Wushu, developed by Snail Games is due to launch on PlayStation 4 later this year. The game was a launch title for the PlayStation 4 in China and was one of the first Chinese developed games for the system.

King of Wushu is set during the Ming Dynasty of China. The game plays fast and loose with history, though. The characters are armed with a range of offensive and defensive magic spells. Though some wield conventional weapons like swords and spears, others use fans or even a portable cannon.

The general gameplay of Wushu should sound familiar to veterans of other MOBAs like Dota 2 or League of Legends. Players choose one of the game's 15 champions and participate in 5v5 online battles. Each side is also supported by armies of A.I. minions that players must fight through in order to reach their enemy's base and destroy it.

What sets King of Wushu apart from many MOBAs, though, is that the game doesn't have the usual top-down camera. Instead, it utilizes a third-person perspective so it looks more like Darksiders than Heroes of the Storm. Snail Games built the game using CryEngine 3.

I'm not quite sure how I missed this during E3 but thought I'd post it now.

Please take a look at the website & trailer below-

http://kow.snail.com/en/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Knl-o0lMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvdAsVc-C6w

ZhugeEX

Banned

Faustek

ohh yeah! First step!!
Will try, btw considering they have European countries on that list I assume they plan on releasing here as well...or? ^^

RyoonZ

Banned
Oh it has Chinese voice too, love that!

I tried downloading with Chinese account since it launched but can't get into the game unfortunately, definitely will try this out.

Zengar

My experience with Snail Games and Age of Wushu makes me feel wary about this. Their gameplay is good but the customer support is beyond terrible.

autoduelist

oh wow, i thought it was more like Dynasty Warriors based on the limited footage I saw. It's a moba? Not sure how to process yet.

Shin

Banned
It looks great aesthetically, very pleasing to watch.
I want to try it out :p, there's a Xbox One logo in one the trailers so it's just a matter of when.

Thanks for reminding me about this I had completely forgotten that it was a launch title in CN for PS4.

Wow, that's pretty cool.

I'm always down on Chinese copycat pieces of garbage, but this Chinese company has done a lot of cool innovations or implementations in Age of Wushu.

Never got to play King of Wushu, but it should be interesting.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Nothing yet.

The game is launching on PC in China this September and Xbox One later this year/next year.

In the West it is still slated to come out but there is no further information on release date. At this point I think 2016 is likely.

I want to play this in North America. I like this studio Snail Games. I think they could make money in the console market. I like what I'm seeing.

mcz117chief

looks excellent. I am actually really looking forward to this. I just hope there will be option for both English and Chinese voices with subtitles.

edit: wanted to get the newsletter but it keeps saying to specify "valid country"

barit

This game looks awesome. Hope it will be a hit among MOBA players. Consoles need a good one for a long time

Sounds great as fan of Martial Arts and Wuxia Cinema but this game is just not my cup of tea

The game that I want would be something like this fleshed out into a full on action RPG. Too bad Bioware doesn't seem to be revisiting Jade Empire. I still want to play this game,that's very easy since this is F2P.

Kinda sad we have so few games in the West trying to do Eastern fantasy.

Dazza

Nice to see a Chinese developer make the jump to the international console market. Hopefully they will find success and inspire more developers to branch out international

ZhugeEX

Banned
The game is currently in open beta on PS4 in China.

Closed beta on PC starts September 24th in China and already 100,000 people have signed up to try and take part.

Probably once that beta finishes and is successful we will hear more about Western release. They still say to me there is plans to bring it overseas! They want to have all players around the world playing with each other eventually :)

Anyway, here is the reason for me to get the game :) (Looks at avatar)

20150903235523a0e6wud1ilzec035.jpg

We need more hand to hand combat action games, RPG and MMO games. I love the production values of this game. The gameplay looks a tad too slow for me though.

k1t4j

Games look like it could be fun for sure. Will keep an eye out for this and hope to hear some news soon.

eFKac

The year is almost over and we haven't heard anything about this coming to N.A. What's up with that Shu?

Well Shu has nothing to do with it, so he's the last person who you should ask.

Maybe Adam or Gio, but firstly you should ask the Western publisher of the title, which I highly doubt is Sony.

Wondering when it's coming out myself.

Top Bottom