• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 20th Anniversary Edition Headset and Controller up for preorder

Armaly

Just noticed this while looking at the MGSV guide+lithograph. Dunno how long it has been up but I do know that a bunch of peeps were looking forward to matching it with their anniversary consoles.

Headset
Controller

It's out on 9/30.

I've been waiting for the controller to be available to pre-order in the UK ever since it was announced. I will throw money at this thing so hard.

Yazuka

Damn, I hope I get in on time. I'm assuming it won't be a limited release, and will be mass produced the same as the other pad variants?
Apparently it will be a limited run. Somebody posted a bit from the press release and it said limited there.

Pachimari

What an expensive Fall season for controllers. Hopefully getting all of these:

- DualShock 4 20th Anniversary Edition
- Steam controller (pre-ordered and paid)
- Xbox Elite controller (pre-ordered)

I might just add another Wiimote.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
What an era where a standard system controller costs $64.99 and tax. I remember when consoles came with two and that's all you needed! Remember the shitfit that people put up when the N64 controllers were a whopping $30 and the thing only came with one?

[yells at cloud]

Audioboxer

What an era where a standard system controller costs $64.99 and tax. I remember when consoles came with two and that's all you needed! Remember the shitfit that people put up when the N64 controllers were a whopping $30 and the thing only came with one?

[yells at cloud]

But the power of the cloud runs through our controllers. Praise be to the cloud.

KemoSabe

Today amazon.co.UK has a used one for 299£...
Does this means that it was available already?
I bet this will be almost impossible to get one.

Cynn

Preordered this and the XB1 Elite controller just now. I hope my thumbs appreciate this investment!

LAA

Hoping to pick up a UK version too..., though sad it doesnt have the special engraving on the touchpad like the ones with the console... (Would love the console too, but...that aint happening without losing a lot of money)

Fjordson

Will probably pre-order the controller. Hoping (probably for nothing) that this one won't start to break down after a few months. Love the PS1 theme too much to pass it up, though.

Had mine since November.

What's wrong with them?

It's cheap plastic that can break easily. There's a thread somewhere on here where people have had to use duct tape to keep them together. Also, the wireless adapter isn't replaceable. If it goes, then you have to buy a completely new headset.

On Demand

Banned
It's cheap plastic that can break easily. There's a thread somewhere on here where people have had to use duct tape to keep them together. Also, the wireless adapter isn't replaceable. If it goes, then you have to buy a completely new headset.

I only use it for a few games so i can't say it's had heavy use, but no problems so far.

Though you have to be handling it with force for it to break. How far are people bending it to put it on their head?

NastyBook

Pre-ordering the shit out of that controller. Depending on how fly I'm feeling on my birthday (9/25), I might throw down on another one.

Top Bottom