• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Story Mode Trailer (Telltale Games)

killercow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

Was screened at minecon a few minutes ago.

Minecraft: Story Mode is an adventure game, by Telltale Games, set in a Minecraft world. It is a five-part episodic series that will take you to the Nether, the Farlands, the End, and beyond! You will drive how the story flows through the decisions you make: what you say to people (and how you say it), and what you choose to do in moments of thrilling action.

Players will control protagonist Jesse throughout the season, as portrayed by actor Patton Oswalt. Jesse and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers who slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order is the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong... something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion.

Available to download soon for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, compatible iOS devices, and Android.

The season will feature Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens. Look for further casting details to come!

Caayn

Minecraft's gameplay didn't intersted me that much, the graphics style was one of the few things I liked of the game. So will keep my eyes on this one.

Fret

I think the trailer should have shown more comedy, Tales from the Borderlands is hilarious so I'd hope this is at the same standard of writing

Boem

Patton Oswalt??

Brian Posehn????

Billy West???????????

Not interested in this in any way, but damn, that cast is full of people I like.

How many games is Tell Tale making at the same time?!

Also, yeah, will wait for complete bundle, maybe even a sale. I do know plenty of people who would like this though. Does look like it could be fun. Would like to see more about how it plays. Is it a hack'n'slash?

robotrock

Banned

Also, yeah, will wait for complete bundle, maybe even a sale. I do know plenty of people who would like this though. Does look like it could be fun. Would like to see more about how it plays. Is it a hack'n'slash?

It's probably closer to an adventure game than it is closer to a hack'n'slash

Boem

Adventure game, like all their other games (excluding the two poker games that is). Probably light on puzzles, heavy on dialogue choices influencing your relationships with the characters.

Seanspeed

Banned

It's a 'barely interactive' novel game where the main hook is having to make impactful decisions that dictate how things play out.

If there's any combat whatsoever, which there may not be, it wouldn't be what you're thinking.

Ninja Dom

Doesn't look too bad, you know.

The problem I have is my attention span. I gave up on Walking Dead during episode 2, and I haven't even started Game Of Thrones episode 1.

Seanspeed

Banned
Minecraft fans are gonna go absolutely nuts over this.
I think a lot of what people love about Minecraft isn't really going to be captured in a Telltale-style game. They seem totally opposed, actually. Minecraft is all about freedom and creativity without any sort of guiding narrative whatsoever.

We'll see, though.

Piers

Seeing this after Borderlands, it makes more sense from a stance of TellTale simply applying a narrative under a visual style - ignoring the experiences and pacing the games adapted from may have had.

Arcipello

Brian Posehn looks like a homeless version of Louis CK :-/

and yeah never really played minecraft but this does look interesting

PsionBolt

I just absolutely cannot get behind Minecraft models that bend. It looks terribly, horribly wrong somehow, no matter how many times I see it. Same goes for fancy lighting -- it doesn't fit the aesthetic at all.

I was also anticipating something more comedic, but I suppose that might still be a thing they just didn't put in the trailer. We'll have to see.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I guess this is aimed to minecraft fans, but to me this just looks terrible, the graphics style was justified by the minecraft gameplay, but without it the graphics are just ugly, the world/lore is uninteresting(after all it's all about customization) and the story doesn't seem to be interesting too.

Plasma

Banned
Think this is one Telltale game I won't be buying not that interested in Minecraft and that trailer just isn't selling it to me either.

Seanspeed

Banned
I just absolutely cannot get behind Minecraft models that bend. It looks terribly, horribly wrong somehow, no matter how many times I see it. Same goes for fancy lighting -- it doesn't fit the aesthetic at all.
Minecraft with fancy lighting is great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
trailer did nothing for me and im a big Telltale fan. But after Tales from the Borderlands came out of nowhere and the 3 eps available not only blew me away but are dangerously close to being GOTY contender (for me of course), Ill reserve judgment I guess.

Haunted

Predictably skewing younger than the usual Telltale projects. Good job on whoever wrote the PR blurb on using kids-appropriate vocabulary, language and structure.

Top Bottom