• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 developer Yager dropped by Deep Silver

sn00zer

From Gematsu
With Dead Island 2, Deep Silver has always been dedicated to delivering the sequel that Dead Island fans deserve,” Deep Silver said. “After careful consideration, today we announce the decision to part ways with development partner Yager. We will continue working towards bringing our vision of Dead Island 2 to life, and we will share further information at a later stage.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dead-islands-2-drops-yager-developer#Y6TgCPFKSApySORC.99

wooow

jbug617

Banned
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dead-islands-2-drops-yager-developer

Yager Development will no longer work on Dead Island 2 as its developer, Deep Silver said in a statement sent to press this evening.

“With Dead Island 2, Deep Silver has always been dedicated to delivering the sequel that Dead Island fans deserve,” Deep Silver said. “After careful consideration, today we announce the decision to part ways with development partner Yager. We will continue working towards bringing our vision of Dead Island 2 to life, and we will share further information at a later stage.”

_woLf

Welp, that game is never coming out.

Shame, I was looking forward to it. I thought it was weird that it was a no-show at E3.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God damn. That's insane. That's huge. That's...terrible.

Haunted

Goddamn, throwing the dev under the bus like Bethesda did with Humanhead. You know the project was in bad shape when the publisher pulls the emergency brakes and it comes to this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's a lot of money to accept that you've lost, too. Damn.

jesu

Shit, even with the big delay they couldn't come up with something acceptable to Deep Silver.
I didn't like the sound of the Yager version anyway.

jediyoshi

Bizarre, the thing was totally playable to the public a year ago and it wasn't a train wreck. Can't imagine what went wrong.

Well that's surprising. First Techland ditch the series and now Yager?

I never really thought much of the direction they were taking Dead Island. They seemed to hit the same note in terms of combat and UI, but the setting just didn't interest me as much as the first two games.

That's not something that's going to change just by switching the developer, though.

Always felt like Yager were a bit better than this series too, after what they did with Spec Ops: The Line.

Anyway, very interested to see if we find out what happened here.

Kuni

Wow that's rare. Must've been one hell of a break up :(

Sucks for all those affected, hope they survive this.

StoveOven

Banned
It makes sense. This game was supposed to come out in Spring of this year before getting pushed back to 2016. Spec Ops: The Line was so good that it's weird to see Yager falter like this. However, it was also weird to see them make a Dead Island game after doing Spec Ops. Anyways, if this means Deep Silver is bringing quality control to a franchise that hasn't had any up to this point, then I guess it's for the better.

pswii60

I still want to understand what Yager were doing between 2005 and 2012. Surely Spec Ops didn't take 7 years to develop?

Patison

After Spec Ops I was curious what cliches they could turn upside down, but there were rumours that game consists only of fetch quests and there's no actual story, so I hope it's for the best.

Bergerac

To be fair I really wasn't liking the persistent world idea. I want an A to B game out of it. The best zombie games give you a clear path from A to B. No tower defence, no endless missions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Time to hit up Gearbox and listen to Pitchford wax lyrical about how the studio wouldn't have signed on if it didn't believe it was up to the task of making a great Dead Island game.

Top Bottom