• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Rainbow Six: Seige save an entire genre? (on console)

Jackpot

Banned

tumblr_m3ej68eptV1qisyrbo1_500.jpg

What is Ubi's obsession with this faux battlefield camaraderie from bargain-basement talking heads?

Right now on my PS4, there literally isn't a single shooter that fits the bill and caters to this audience. So Seige will come first and I'm hoping if it's successful, maybe we can see a resurgence of sorts?
Maybe not in the classical sense. But The Last of Us fits the bill I think. It's tactical and the game really shines in the no-respawn mode imo. Feels much more like Confrontation then Socom 4 ever did.

ViciousDS

Banned
Like I said earlier, you can play the maps as lone wolf. No team AI, so basically useless.

thats really stupid after how amazing vegas was and how competent your squad AI was. Vegas had the best AI companions I think outside of republic commando where I didn't need to babysit them.

Gamezone

Gold Member
thats really stupid after how amazing vegas was and how competent your squad AI was. Vegas had the best AI companions I think outside of republic commando where I didn't need to babysit them.

The Vegas games was decent. Not true Rainbow Six games IMO, but good. Siege on the other hand. Bleh...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I really hate these kind of videos - they feel so staged and insincere. Plus, these claims seem pretty silly considering how many beta players have said that it's closer to COD than it is the classic R6 games.

Well I don't think any beta players have said that since no ones played the beta yet. It doesn't start till sept 24th according to their registration site

Rainbow6.com/beta

I think Siege looks cool and I've heard good things from people that have gotten to play, but 60 dollars for a hardcore small-scale pvp shooter seems like an almost foolish revenue model for a holiday 2015 launch.

I think it looks neat and I love the idea of it all, but right now I'm just not sure it's a tactical shooter. I mean, I think we've seen something like a sum total of 40 minutes of pre-release gameplay? So shit might change, I'll give it that, but right now it just doesn't interest me. Who knows though? I might totally dig the new direction they're taking it, guess we'll see.

I was going to make a new thread, but maybe we could just continue the discussion here.

Well, Rainbow Six: Seige is here and it's fucking awesome. A lot of us had our doubts but i can honestly say this is the best game i've played online in years. I'm hoping that the positive word of mouth that seems to be going strong will give this game the success it deserves and in turn lead to a comback for this genre.

Top Bottom