• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Ghosts Prestige & Hardened Editions only $40 on Amazon

//ARCANUM

Wanted to alert anyone who might be interested. The prestige and hardened editions of Call of Duty Ghosts (difference between the two is prestige comes with a 1080p camera, so might as well go prestige) are down to $40 on Amazon right now. Prestige was originally $200. Not sure if this is worth it to anyone, I've never even played the game myself, no idea if it's good. But wanted people to know in case they are CE lovers and wanna jump on it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EEMLOFU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Additionally: is this game remotely decent? Should I jump on this?

Wanted to alert anyone who might be interested. The prestige and hardened editions of Call of Duty Ghosts (difference between the two is prestige comes with a 1080p camera, so might as well go prestige) are down to $40 on Amazon right now. Prestige was originally $200. Not sure if this is worth it to anyone, I've never even played the game myself, no idea if it's good. But wanted people to know in case they are CE lovers and wanna jump on it.

This game is not good.

//ARCANUM

This game is not good.

VtRIt3t.gif

This is the worst Call of Duty game. Seems like a good price for the camera though.

Yeah I was thinking it could be a decent price for the camera (if you have a use for it).

Strider311

Funny that most people hate it, because it's one of the only CODs I legitimately like, alongside Black Ops and Modern Warfare 1.

Campaign has nice set pieces but overall is terrible. It's only worth playing if you want to laugh at how poorly made it is.

Multiplayer is ok, maps vary from decent to shit-tier. There's a good customization system but it's not nearly as good as pick 10. Weapon balancement is in an acceptable condition from what I remember (unlike CoD: ASM1 BALfare). I played it a few nights ago to see what it was like after all this time and I didn't have a bad time.

Squad Mode or whatever it's called isn't worth mentioning.

Extinction is fun the first few times around, but is a boring slog compared to zombies.

It's not worth $40, maybe $15 at the most.

alexbull_uk

Might be worth it if the camera is any good. Otherwise, the extras aren't worth paying that much for.

Edit: based off this video, the camera is of average quality. Decent fish-eye lens though, so if you were after a cheap dash-cam maybe?

The initial maps that come on the disk are fucking terrible. The 1st two DLC map packs had great maps though (probably because they were designed by Certain Affinity, lead by the former Halo 2 MP designer). The gunplay is actually pretty good in the game too (more focus on gunfights rather than killstreaks compared to some of the other more recent CoD games), but the horrible maps that the game comes with ruined it all (worst spawn points ever). Freefall is probably one of the worst multiplayer maps ever. The MP is very inconsistent depending on the map, it's either pretty good or the worst in the series. Certain Affinity needs to design more CoD maps, because their maps in Ghosts, World at War & Black Ops 1 are all some of the best in the whole series.

If you play the CoD games for the campaign, well... Ghosts probably has the most boring, least memorable campaign of the whole series. Extinction mode is nothing to write home about either. At the end of the day though, I probably enjoyed this game's multiplayer (when I exclusively played the playlist for the 1st two DLC map packs) more than AW's. AW's multiplayer is mediocre but consistent... doesn't reach the highs of Ghosts' multiplayer, but it doesn't reach the lows either.

I'd pay $20 for a PS4 prestige copy so I'll wait

I was so disappointed in infected for advanced warfare , Exo suits ruined it

I loved infected mode in ghosts, plus it had no party chat allowed so people actually talked , had lots of fun

The initial maps that come on the disk are fucking terrible. The 1st two DLC map packs had great maps though (probably because they were designed by Certain Affinity, lead by the former Halo 2 MP designer).

I can second this, I bought those map packs for some reason and they actually made the game fun. If the Hardened Edition comes with the season pass (which I think it does), then it might be worth it.

I can second this, I bought those map packs for some reason and they actually made the game fun. If the Hardened Edition comes with the season pass (which I think it does), then it might be worth it.

it was because they were smart and gave everyone that had the game a free trial period to try the 1st map pack without purchasing anything extra. it was as if they knew that the Certain Affinity map packs would redeem the game (to an extent).

im_dany

Yes, they come with the SP.

Extinction DLC maps are also really good.

Yes, they come with the SP.

Extinction DLC maps are also really good.

I might pick it up for XB1, I've been looking for a mindless shooter lately and AW just isn't doing it for me anymore. Advanced Supply Drops alongside the ASM1 and BAL-27 ruined the game for me. Exo's aren't as fun as they were, too.

Edit: Also, I don't think normal DLC travels between consoles so the SP would be a good deal.

Too expensive. Should be $20.

Also, you'll probably find 3000 or so people online, and everyone has 10+ days clocked under playtime. It's tough playing against really good people who just play Ghosts every day, and that's all you'll find. Then there's expansion packs and maps that'll break the community, and yet if you get the maps then you can't play with folks that don't have map at all since it will be quite long before you're matchmade with them.

SJRB

Gold Member
"only" 40 bucks.

Game is almost two years old and widely considered one of the worst entries in the series.

SMZC

MW3 is the worse one in the series, but Ghost is a second. The hit detection for Ghost is actually pretty good, but......that's about it :(

Yes, well, it's arguably the most important thing in a shooter, even more so than map design, which is the aspect Ghosts tends to get criticized for the most. Coincidentally, hit detection is still something that both Treyarch and Sledgehammer fail at in their games; horribly so, even. This fact alone places Ghosts above a fair number of COD games.

Its my least favorite(haven't played advanced warfare or mw3, nit have played since cod4), but it's not terrible by any means. The single player is okay at best, and the multiplayer can be fun, though some maps are really bog and more favorable on ps4, one, or PC. I had fun with the game. Played at least two days worth, and I may come back to it.

Also, I think its one of the most balanced cod games.

MDSLKTR

I own virtually every cod, and it's the only one I cant bother finishing because:
-It runs like absolute crap on my pc and can't find a fix for jerky mouse movement
-the campaign story and characters are easily the worst in the franchise
Granted console version fix the first point but I'd rather save the money for blops3

Woffls

I managed to get the PS3 Prestige edition for free and sell it on eBay for £100. Wasn't bothered about playing it at the time, but didn't know how bad it was. I then rented the Xbox One version and was incredibly relieved that I didn't own such a pants game.

Gamestop gives you $2.60 trade credit for the Xbox One version, so think about it like this, you are getting an off brand 1080 mountable camera for about $38.

Top Bottom