• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 3 pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
chief2.jpg

So I'll say this now. What are people talking about when they say diminishing returns is here? This pic says otherwise right?

Amir0x

Banned
is that from the video where they turned the camera angle around in that video?

ANYWAY, holy shit

Also: Diminishing Returns is the greatest myth ever perpetuated by certain fanatics.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Master Chief looks great, and so does the background, but the machine he's standing next to doesn't.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
it doesnt look much better then the halo 2 cutscenes to me

ok, it does

beautiful. i cant wait to see more

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
It looks like.. *gasp* the trailer!

Cool and all, but that machine or whatever DOES look.. off. Especially those "vents".

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Amir0x said:
you know what else doesn't look great, Danthrax? Your face.

Only because of my horrified expression as I look at those textures trying to pass for screws on that machinery.

...what, I said MC looked good!

It does look very good, and the Halo 3 trailer is certainly up to this quality, but the aspect ratio... 4:3 seems fishy to me.. I'll let the forgery experts handle it :p

Amir0x

Banned
if it's a fake then oh well, NEXT TIME

but they did an awfully good job faking it here because that's beautiful and definitely on par with what we saw from the trailer

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm calling fake too. The machine next to MC does look photoshopped in.

mckmas8808

I like this picture most because it's showing off the game in its true color. Alot of other shots that I seen just seemed off.

Amir0x

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
It's from the announcement trailer.

Here's another one:
wallpaper11jn.jpg

:D

actually THAT looks weird... like... i can't even describe it, but for some reason his armor looks fake as hell and just overtly 'videogame-ish'. so i don't like that shot

Amir0x

Banned
i know why! The way that image looks w/ the lights and the shining or whatever makes it look like it's an action figure/toy as opposed to the badest assed dude in the galaxy.

edit: guys, this is how it looks playing... why the doubt, they even moved a camera around during one demonstration

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Amir0x said:
actually THAT looks weird... like... i can't even describe it, but for some reason his armor looks fake as hell and just overtly 'videogame-ish'. so i don't like that shot
I think it looks better then the first picture posted. :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think that pic looks amazing. I hope it looks like that in-game.
It's fun to dream.

Error2k4 said:
how will you know?

you won't see MC after all :p

Sure you will. Co-op!

It's not that surprising if it is in game. I persoanlly think Gears of War looks better, but hey, we have about 5 pics of Halo 3 and only a good minute's worth of footage for it. And we haven't seen the new weapons, modes, characters, enemies, worlds, vehicles, etc.

Come to think of it, something tells me this game will be delayed. Just have a hunch.

puebla

since we're posting H3 pics, this is def. the most amazing one right here:

h3_e32006_ChiefVisor.jpg

again, i seriously doubt a game could look that good while you're actually playing it.

AlphaSnake said:
If you look hard enough, it's almost as if there are eyes and a nose behind the mask/visor and a scar on his cheek. Hehe...it just kind of caught my attention -- although it's probably just an awkward reflection.

Well, I'ill be damn, you're right.

Speevy

Banned
It's not about "looking that good". It's about the visual impact of such an image, zoomed out in FPS style while different kinds of day and nighttime lighting.

Basically what you're left with, regardless of how many polygons Master Chief has, is something that shiny and striking up-close, and looking like a Halo 2 model from a mile away.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
puebla said:
since we're posting H3 pics, this is def. the most amazing one right here:

*pic*

again, i seriously doubt a game could look that good while you're actually playing it.

well..that's really better from a cinematic POV than anything else. The rest of the picture is all blurry

mckmas8808

AlphaSnake said:
If you look hard enough, it's almost as if there are eyes and a nose behind the mask/visor and a scar on his cheek. Hehe...it just kind of caught my attention -- although it's probably just an awkward reflection.

Oh shit that freaked me out. That face is scary man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom