• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core IV Fires of Rubixcon | PC Version

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Let's talk about that crap here and now.

Picture some art here since I'm on the toilet and can't find a pic to put.

I am waiting for my region to unlock but I'm liking what I'm reading so far.

120fps sounds awesome for a game which has moment like this.

It really is early when you get dislexia and type 4 instead of 6 lol

Last edited:
I saw one review mention that while the game runs very well on PC overall, they couldn't get more than 80-90fps out of it, no matter the hardware or settings.

Negative reviews mostly seem to be about the difficulty rather than technical issues.

Funnily enough, there are both people who wanted Dark Souls with robots (and are mad they didn't get it) and people who wanted a "true" Armored Core game (and are mad because they got Dark Souls with robots).

Guilty_AI

I told you guys … people are not going to realize how hard these have always been. For me they are way harder than souls games.
So far didn't feel too hard. Or rather, game is waaaaaaaaay more forgiving than any sekiro-souls-borne game.

Died? Restart from this checkpoint with your full health and all of your repair kits, no punishments whatsoever. Worst that can happen to you is making a little less money per mission

SyberWolf

I saw one review mention that while the game runs very well on PC overall, they couldn't get more than 80-90fps out of it, no matter the hardware or settings.
runs 100+ for me, atleast in the first area, and that is without dlss nonsense

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If From made the PC version it's broke as fuck.
I played Elden Ring at launch. Ran fine for me. Apparently the game had shader compilation but i didnt notice it or dont remember it being too bad.

I was on a 2080. A month later i got a 3080 and was getting a locked 60 fps at native 4k maxed out. Only problem was lack of 120 fps support.

Sekiro i played 2 months after launch, ran smooth as butter on my 2080. 4k 60 fps locked.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The game run flawlessly at 4k120 with everything maxed out except shadow on high, fog on medium and dof\blur turned off with a 4080 13600k both stock, 32gb ddr5 6000mhz.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
brb hacking ur pc rn
do it jewish GIF

Holammer

Runs fine on my end. Worst that happened was a fps drop during a specific moment with loads of explosions and enemies on screen.
It's the usual people using negative reviews as a support ticket. But there seems to be older AC fans that don't like the new souls-like mechanics.
"This is just Sekiro with a Armored core paint job"

Another funny one.
"♥♥♥♥♥ THAT ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ HELICOPTER (forget the tickle cannon and piss missiles, you can shoot for 10 minutes and do nothing. melee attack takes like 30% of its health)"

Synless

I told you guys … people are not going to realize how hard these have always been. For me they are way harder than souls games.
The armored core games? No fucking way. I beat most of the ones, at least on ps1 when I was a kid. I’ve never finished a souls game, no tolerance for it with my limited schedule.

ahtlas7

Runs great but I have a high end system.
First boss kicked my ass 4 times but I figured it out. Biggest complaint I have with the boss is it’s ability to go ‘out of bounds’ and blast me with missiles, cheap shots. Literally flies out of the arena and sits out there spamming missiles 😂

Top Bottom