• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dates 16 Movies Including Bad Boys 3/4, Uncharted, Jumanji and Barbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Sony Pictures has set its slate through 2017 that include two more films in the “Bad Boys” franchise, the first installment in “The Dark Tower” franchise and sci-fi romance “Passengers” starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt.

• “Money Monster” – 4/8/16
  • “The Shallows” – 6/24/16
  • “Ghostbusters” – 7/15/16*
  • “Patient Zero” – 9/2/16
  • “The Magnificent Seven” – 9/23/16*
  • “Underworld 5″ – 10/21/16
  • “Passengers” – 12/21/16
  • “Jumanji” – 12/25/16
  • “The Dark Tower” – 1/13/17
  • “Resident Evil 6″ – 1/27/17
  • “Bad Boys 3″ – 2/17/17
  • “Baby Driver” – 3/17/17
  • “Barbie” – 6/2/17
  • “Uncharted” – 6/30/17*
  • “The Lamb” – 12/8/17
  • “Bad Boys 4″ – 7/3/19

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/sony-films-bad-boys-jennifer-lawrence-passengers-1201557242/

SpaceWolf

Banned
Dark Tower would be soooooooo much better as a Netflix series. Like, it's not even funny.

Oh, and Chris Pratt and Bruce Campbell as Nate and Sully for the Uncharted Movie please!

Saiyan-Rox

Jumanji? as in supernatural board game Jumanji?

272.gif

As if this upcoming "Ghostbusters" wasn't bad enough

I noticed that Passengers is a week after Star Wars Anthrology: Rogue One.

Does anyone else think it's chances of success are limited because of that?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
16 titles that spell the phrase "creative bankruptcy".

Blader

Damn, Baby Driver in 2017? The longest Wright wait yet.

Rothman got a movie with Pratt and Lawrence? Don't know how the hell he managed that.

I think they were attached to it before the Pratt bomb dropped with Guardians and JW. Unsurprisingly, it suddenly built up some momentum since then.

Is that a Jumanji remake? Are they fucking serious? You cannot replace that original cast, when will they learn dammit.

These remakes must be making enough money to justify right?

Inject good writing and a good budget into Uncharted and count me the fuck in. I don't believe it'll happen.

The Dark Tower is pretty awesome, but to do only one movie would be very risky. There's so many awesome things and I ain't even through the second book. That'll be very interesting to keep an eye on.

Ledhead

Inject good writing and a good budget into Uncharted and count me the fuck in. I don't believe it'll happen.

The Dark Tower is pretty awesome, but to do only one movie would be very risky. There's so many awesome things and I ain't even through the second book. That'll be very interesting to keep an eye on.

I'm currently on the Wolves of the Calla (book 5, 6 I guess if you factor in the wind through the keyhole).

Anyway, yes I agree. The series is incredibly complicated, and would function much better as multiple films. I could see a single, one and done movie completly glazing over the narrative, confusing the audience to hell and back, and bombing completely.
edit:re-read the OP, noticed that it's marked as the 'first installment'. I'm okay with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom