• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox button prompts on tales from borderlands episode 4 on ps4 version

Yaari

I loved what Telltale did with TWD S1 but after that it's become pretty disgusting, the quality of some of their releases has been like. And they just keep on throwing out more of it.

It took me weeks to finally beat GoT Episode 2 because of the shitty framedrops. I almost gave up entirely.

I swear TellTale is a joke of a developer that gets a way with so much because their games contain great story telling. Without the amount of money they make, they should have already created a new engine to avoid incompetent mistakes like this as well as bugs. Just about every one of their titles are buggy in some form or another yet so many sites fail to call them out on their faults.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
We are supposed to hate Telltale now? I haven't paid attention to them in years.

Telltale is astoundingly incompetent in every single thing they've developed. It's mind boggling that after this many years and so much money they still haven't been able to get a programmer on staff who can ship something that wasn't a technical embarrassment.

Aside from the fact that their PS4 and Xbox games run at sub 10FPS, the worst aspect is they can't even figure out how to get the save game to transfer between episodes. We're talking about a file that has at most 6 bools that store what decisions you made. And the decisions you make carrying over between episodes is the entire point of their product. If not for some truly awful "action sequences", without your decisions affecting the story these things might as well just be flash cartoons.

They apparently just don't give a fuck.

We are supposed to hate Telltale now? I haven't paid attention to them in years.
There's been a sizable group of haters of arguably variable legitimacy since Walking Dead S1. They've had pretty terrible QA (game ending bugs and crashing are far from rare), so that's a pretty common source of ire, but there's also a group that hates them because they don't make "real games".

There's been a sizable group of haters of arguably variable legitimacy since Walking Dead S1. They've had pretty terrible QA (game ending bugs and crashing are far from rare), so that's a pretty common source of ire, but there's also a group that hates them because they don't make "real games".

Count me in on that group. Maybe not a hater, but underwhelmed with their offerings compared to the caliber of TWD.

madmackem

I think tales from the borderlands has been their best work since twds1 tbh, story is pretty good and voice acting is top notch, they badly need an upgrade to the engine though.

I was so close to purchasing this last night since I'm quite a fan of Borderlands and the characters in the game. Luckily I remembered why I don't buy Telltale games and today my decision was reinforced yet again. Even if they won't take the time out of making games to make an engine that works, how hard is it to just licence out an engine that does work?

bede-x

Hate is a strong word, but they are known to ship buggy games that are never fixed, so I'd advise caution if you're considering buying one of their games. And don't buy anything until the season is completed and other people have playtested it.

Want a story based game in a model similar (but better) to what Telltale puts out? Support Life is Strange.

Hate is a strong word, but they are known to ship buggy games that are never fixed, so I'd advise caution if you're considering buying one of their games. And don't buy anything until the season is completed and other people have playtested it.

Want a story based game in a model similar (but better) to what Telltale puts out? Support Life is Strange.

Agreed.

myca77

That's an automatic compliance failure. Odd that Sony didn't pick it up, but not that odd that a telltale game has a bug or two in it.

Programming wise you'd think the button prompts would be a global setting that just requires a change to a single place and have it take affect everywhere.

Looks like someone hardcoded the button images there so for reason...

RPGCrazied

I love the writers and artists there, but the technical staff and Q&A testers could use more training, or just new people.

Top Bottom