• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts Rep System is broken!

LOL i cant believe what happened. I played some Gears MP and BO3 the last two days. And my Rep went from "Good" to "Avoid Me" and now i cant find any matches anymore in Gears UE.

Im really pissed now. And now i checked for what people reported me and that has to be a joke:

xboxonerepjokeqys40.jpg

3 for Cheating and 3 for unsporting behaviour.

Getting reported for cheating has to be a joke... and only 7 reports and it goes from Good to Avoid me? lol

Really cool, im paying for Online playing and i cant play because of false reports.

maxcriden

Sorry to hear it, that sucks. Contact MS, get this straightened out and ask for a refund if this months cost in the process if it takes more than a day or two to get fixed.

oti

Banned
Wow at that localization.
Not even Tier 1 status is enough for actual human translators I guess.

Occam

Getting reported for cheating has to be a joke... and only 7 reports and it goes from Good to Avoid me? lol

Really cool, im paying for Online playing and i cant play because of false reports.

That's hilarious. What did Microsoft expect would happen?

KAP151

Been hearing more and more of these lately.

What a stupid system. Its ripe for trolls and assholes to have a field day.

Occam

Waiting for our resident Microsoft defenders to swoop in and tell you that it's your own fault for winning so much.

The ranking system was designed "so it won’t penalize you for bad reports over a few weeks of play," says Microsoft, meaning your reputation will only crash and burn after a prolonged period of abusive behavior on Xbox Live.

This is from an interview from the verge last year. Are you sure you got all of these in the past two days. Because if so it shouldn't of given you an ignore me status. Maybe try contacting xbox support or something and see if they can change it.

RdN

From the moment Microsoft announced this new rep system, I knew it wouldn't work.

People will always exploit this kind of thing, and most times, innocent players will get punished instead of the ones who should actually be.

And to make things worse, the Xbox One rep system, if you get to Avoid Me, you're going to be restricted to matchmaking only with those who also have an Avoid me rating.

The system being exploited to avoid better players or from sore losers. It is a big deal and must be addressed. Unfortunately, Microsoft is dodging the issue completely.

Yep got it in two days. It was fine early in the week.

Man that sucks. Been hearing this happening more and more recently and I wonder if it's a new trend (like people also getting their friends to report you) or if it's a design flaw. Either way they should really fix/redo it.

Omega

Banned
LOL i cant believe what happened. I played some Gears MP and BO3 the last two days. And my Rep went from "Good" to "Avoid Me" and now i cant find any matches anymore in Gears UE.

Im really pissed now. And now i checked for what people reported me and that has to be a joke:

xboxonerepjokeqys40.jpg

Been hearing more and more of these lately.

What a stupid system. Its ripe for trolls and assholes to have a field day.

Gears players were always the biggest whiners so no surprise this is coming up again with a new game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's what you get for using the shotgun in Gears! ;p

But seriously, how the fuck have Microsoft not fixed this yet. They have the best enforcement team out of all the gaming networks, and they rely on user feedback? Lol.

EBE

that sucks, man. can someone's rep go any higher than "Good Player"? seems like ive been stuck there forever

Welfare

I just checked mine and apparently 2 people reported me for unsporting behavior and 2 for cheating.

All of had to be from MCC lol at least I'm still green.

the rep system is too automatic for it's own good, I used to get negative feedback from the early forza days, also when xbox live was on the original xbox if you had 10 reports of cheating from 10 different accounts you got a temp ban from live, people would use trial cards to troll people at the top of the leaderboards in forza 1.

Fat4all

Banned
people actually take their time out to do this? lol

I havent left feedback since like Perfect Dark Zero

Well, the system was always in place for the 360, but it never effected who you could connect to while playing MP games. It was just more of a reference for players to self-regulate and see who to avoid.

Recent changes to it do effect who you can connect to online, making it very unstable. One match could potentially screw you out of decent multiplayer matches for a while.

I just checked mine and apparently 2 people reported me for unsporting behavior and 2 for cheating.

All of had to be from MCC lol at least I'm still green.

Stop cheating, cheater.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Back in the 360 days I think I had something like 70% of players avoiding me and still had 5 stars and no trouble matchmaking.

Kikujiro

Wait a moment, I thought they had a way to prevent this shit to happen, I remember a lot of positive reactions when they revealed the system, do I remember wrong?
It's absolute bullshit that you can't play the multiplayer you paid for because some idiots can't take a loss.

Yeah the system's broken.
The way it works is if you have "Avoid me" status, you will only be match made against other users who are "Avoid me" too.

Halo Master Chief Collection has made a change to the system that the game will ignore this if you're playing ranked matches. So you can't avoid good players in ranked matches by trolling their rep. You can still mute anyone.

At least Microsoft is aware of the problem, I guess.

Maybe Gears' ranked mode has a similar exception and you'll be able to find matches there?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-8-21-15
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been reviewing your feedback on matchmaking and the Xbox One reputation system, specifically as it pertains to your experiences in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and working directly with the folks on the Xbox team to look into the feedback, and also make adjustments to the rep system to ensure that your online experiences are the best they can be.

For those of you unfamiliar with the system, here’s a quick overview from the folks over at Xbox:

Reputation is designed to protect good gamers from people who like to ruin other peoples' game experiences
If you excessively betray your teammates, quit games early, or take other measures to ruin other player’s games, your rep will slowly decrease
If you run into an abusive player you don’t want to hear from again, you can block the user
If your rep gets into “Avoid Me,” you may only play with other “Avoid Me” players until your rep has healed
As you play online without incident, your rep will improve
If you are curious about your reputation history on Xbox One you can always visit enforcement.xbox.com to see the history of your Xbox One reputation, and the general buckets of feedback provided from other players. If your reputation level changes, you will receive a message directing you to this site to learn more.

CHEATING
Recently, however, we noticed that some players were using blocks to avoid playing against upstanding players, as well as negatively impact their rep, specifically in ranked play. As this was never the intent of the system, the Xbox team has pushed out a recent update that will ignore player blocks in the following (ranked) MCC playlists:

Halo 2: Anniversary
Team Doubles
Halo: CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4
Team Hardcore
These playlists will no longer respect the list of players you’ve blocked, meaning if you keep losing to someone named frankie, you won’t be able to simply block them to avoid matching with them again. Blocking frankie will, however, mean you won’t get messages or be able to chat with him, and as always, if you do encounter a player who creates a negative experience, you can still leave the appropriate feedback for this player. Player block lists will still be respected in all unranked playlists, as social playlists are not impacted in the same way that ranked playlists are.

We’re keeping a close eye on feedback, and will continue to work with the Xbox team on adjustments to tune reputation for the best online experience for everyone. As always, thanks for your feedback – keep it coming.

Fat4all

Banned
Wait a moment, I thought they had a way to prevent this shit to happen, I remember a lot of positive reactions when they revealed the system, do I remember wrong?
It's absolute bullshit that you can't play the multiplayer you paid for because some idiots can't take a loss.

It's called 'Smart Match', here's what they said when it was in preview:

“This reputation system will evolve as we track the feedback we get from actual players and titles, plus add more consequences for bad apples that we want to stop #$%^ crunching on corn chips in your ear,” he concludes. “All you need to do is block or report players that are abusive, cheat, or causing various amounts of non-fun mayhem and their social reputation will reflect that. We’ll keep the good friendly players together with other good friendly people, and keep a seat for the bad apples in their own special place. Our team and I built this for all of you and we hope you like it!”

I guess it's still not too smart yet.

RdN

Microsoft claims they do, but they obviously don't.

Just a couple weeks ago there was a lot of news about Halo players getting hit with bullshit reports so that they would get to "Avoid Me" and not able to play most of the matchmaking matches.

JeffG

xboxonerepjokeqys40.jpg

I've seen your posts in Halo threads. This seems to be right up your alley.

shoreu

Waiting for our resident Microsoft defenders to swoop in and tell you that it's your own fault for winning so much.

? I don't think anyone will have that opinion but I'm glad your ready to combat them.

Sucks though jumperz i'll play with you if you need a squad.

I don't like using the term but it's basically designed for 'salty' people who got their butts whooped in a match and instead of admitting that somebody might be better or is having fun, they let the cheetohs and mountain dew get in over their heads and they review the individual badly.

DrkSage

There isn't. I don't even know why Microsoft put it up as a category you can report on.

Well it depends. Cheating can also fall into the category of exploiting bugs or glitches in games.

E.g. MW2 Fuel rock glitch.

I considered that cheating.

There isn't. I don't even know why Microsoft put it up as a category you can report on.

I mean maybe not now as I haven't played in forever, but yes there was cheating back in the days. Standbying in Halo 2. I even recall Gears of War having people bouncing around abusing the lag and shotgunning you in ridiculous fashions as they zoomed around the level.

Fat4all

Banned
there is cheating on Xbox ?
i understand if it on PC , but on Xbox ? how ?

I think it's more a hold over from the 360 days, but even then it wasn't very common (unless you did nothing but play CoD, I hear it was pretty rampant depending on which game you played).

Doesn't seem to be an issue on the Xbox One, or at least, not a major issue. Shoulda been chucked ages ago.

_SAKY_

Another problem is people, they are quick to complain when they don't like something but rarely pay compliments when it's justified.

For example; I have been on the XB1 platform since day 1 and, when playing, quite often you will hear me tell everyone "good game" when a match is over. I'm also mindful to to communicate w/o being bossy and to promote teamwork. At least I TRY to do these kinds things at all time.

In the almost 3 years since the XB1 platform, and it's player rating system, launched I have yet to receive a single bit of feedback. NOT ONE THING.

So I submit to you that the majority of folks out there are quick to complain but won't take the time to give kudos to other for making the community a positive place.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well it depends. Cheating can also fall into the category of exploiting bugs or glitches in games.

E.g. MW2 Fuel rock glitch.

I considered that cheating.
So label the category as glitching.

I mean maybe not now as I haven't played in forever, but yes there was cheating back in the days. Standbying in Halo 2. I even recall Gears of War having people bouncing around abusing the lag and shotgunning you in ridiculous fashions as they zoomed around the level.
I meant on Xbox One. But yea, you could easily cheat on 360 with modded consoles, but no one has modded the Xbox One yet, so you can't cheat.

I can't believe MS and Sony haven't integrated their Capturing abilities into their Report functions. Is some one cheating or glitching, capture that shit and submit it as evidence. No evidence? report gets ignored.

Apathy

The rule whenever you can be reported by other players and it affects you is that you need to be worse than those people. The second you're better than they are you are hacking and you will get reported because they are clearly gods at whatever game they touch and there is only one way they could lose. Frankly I am upset you hacked your way to victory myself. Tisk tisk tisk.

Another problem is people, they are quick to complain when they don't like something but rarely pay compliments when it's justified.

For example; I have been on the XB1 platform since day 1 and, when playing, quite often you will hear me tell everyone "good game" when a match is over. I'm also mindful to to communicate w/o being bossy and to promote teamwork. At least I TRY to do these kinds things at all time.

In the almost 3 years since the XB1 platform, and it's player rating system, launched I have yet to receive a single bit of feedback. NOT ONE THING.

So I submit to you that the majority of folks out there are quick to complain but won't take the time to give kudos to other for making the community a positive place.
I don't think there is a positive feedback option on Xbox One. Your rep goes up playing with others as long as you're not reported.

Kayant

I've seen your posts in Halo threads. This seems to be right up your alley.

Holy shit!!! Some people smh...

Sorry OP. thankfully the X360's system isn't that bad. That reminds me I need to make use of the remaining time with gold.

Top Bottom