• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts Rep System is broken!

oklz6Xd.jpg
I just hit by the same BS over the span of about 15 hours. I never play competitive games online aside from Killer Instinct. All I have been playin over the last 5 or so months is DmC:DE and DMC4:SE. All of my Gears antics has been streamed, so any hate mail sent would've been broadcast. I have only been playin with friends too.

I am a bit concerned.

Crayon

These reporting systems don't work and can backfire easily. Have you ever seen a game forum with a rep system? It gets ugly.

Interesting... ive searched around a bit and it seems like im not the only one getting this... The Gears of War forums are full of reports from players getting a bad rep...

Xbox.com forums getting more reports too...

I hope this gets more attention soon by Microsoft.

Harbin

Neo Member
I just hit by the same BS over the span of about 15 hours. I never play competitive games online aside from Killer Instinct. All I have been playin over the last 5 or so months is DmC:DE and DMC4:SE. All of my Gears antics has been streamed, so any hate mail sent would've been broadcast. I have only been playin with friends too.

I am a bit concerned.

Am I understanding this right? I'm going to assume your friends didn't do this so why can people you haven't played with make a report? How would they know you aren't a nice player? From forums, PSN and so on? Someone could easily get a group of people to tank your reputation if they can report without restriction.

why dont you show us your full rep page and the monthly progression of the past 6 months?

jumper is btw banned on multiple german forums, just saying...

Because there was nothing wrong with my Rep that last 6 months until i played Gears in August?

xboxonerepjoke2r9k2f.jpg

And btw dont throw with stones when you sit in a glasshouse... Keep being a child and ignoring me ;) Just saying..

Kayant

Because there was nothing wrong with my Rep that last 6 months until i played Gears in August?

xboxonerepjoke2r9k2f.jpg

And btw dont throw with stones when you sit in a glasshouse... Keep being a child and ignoring me ;) Just saying..

But OP you must take responsibility for your actions /s... MS will probably start to look at it more seriously if they haven't already.

Yh you can see quite a few threads about it.

Akai__

smzT8Ti.png

Fixed that for you.

But OP you must take responsibility for your actions /s... MS will probably start to look at it more seriously if they haven't already.

Yh you can see quite a few threads about it.

Yup, I have seen this now on the Xbox Forums, Gears Forums, MCC Forums and on Reddit.

We also had a thread a while ago, where pro players accounts where nuked with false reports. They weren't able to play, because of that. 343i/MS worked on a solution to fix this issue in the ranked portion of MCC matchmaking.

Shane86

Ah nostalgia, I remember getting so much negative feedback playing Gears 1 back in the day. Never got "avoid me" status though

Kolx

How come MS still not fix this? it's really ridiculous to the point it can prevents you from playing games because you're too good at :/

How come MS still not fix this? it's really ridiculous to the point it can prevents you from playing games because you're too good at :/

Im not even a good Gears player but still get punished ... its just sad. I cant even search with some buddies anymore.

Now i have to play games that dont use the Rep system lol

E92 M3

Where do I check detailed stats? And yes, Gears players are notorious for giving salty feedback. Happened to me a lot back in the day.

Sorry OP, that really sucks. I don't know what to tell you.

Another problem is people, they are quick to complain when they don't like something but rarely pay compliments when it's justified.

For example; I have been on the XB1 platform since day 1 and, when playing, quite often you will hear me tell everyone "good game" when a match is over. I'm also mindful to to communicate w/o being bossy and to promote teamwork. At least I TRY to do these kinds things at all time.

In the almost 3 years since the XB1 platform, and it's player rating system, launched I have yet to receive a single bit of feedback. NOT ONE THING.

So I submit to you that the majority of folks out there are quick to complain but won't take the time to give kudos to other for making the community a positive place.
I used to say the same thing in the early 360 days. I would either be ignored or made fun of or have racial or homophobic epithets thrown at me.

Kayant

Fixed that for you.

Yup, I have seen this now on the Xbox Forums, Gears Forums, MCC Forums and on Reddit.

We also had a thread a while ago, where pro players accounts where nuked with false reports. They weren't able to play, because of that. 343i/MS worked on a solution to fix this issue in the ranked portion of MCC matchmaking.

Wow it's that bad... I would guess one of the reasons they hadn't solved it out more quickly is because of it being a PR point for them marketing XBL with dedicated servers, etc.

gossi

Op, I have hundreds of hours of XBL time over last 6 months (including CoD beta) and zero negative reports. What were you doing online?

Op, I have hundreds of hours of XBL time over last 6 months (including CoD beta) and zero negative reports. What were you doing online?

Im playing Gears of War UE online.. thats the game causing this. Many reports popping up on various other forums with the same issue in regards to this Rep System.

What's your evidence that the OP has cheated?

He is just salty that i doesnt share the the same opinion as him in various Halo topics. Just ignore him.

frontieruk

Tbf a guy I work with got two negative comms feedback and got dumped into avoid me, looking at the history on enforcement.xbox.com it was the only negative feed back he'd received in the last 6 months.

interesting thing is he has no mic or Kinect. go figure.

also he had messages from the guys who we assumed filed the feedback saying he got what he deserved, the enforcement team is still attempting to rectify this after him contact Spencer directly via email as the enforcement team wouldn't look into it.

Uzny

Same thing happened to me in MCC, can't find any matches at all and now I have to use another account to play.

L1nMfTd.png

6YBNFyR.png

I have reformed my cheating ways and have bounced back as a good player this month because of it. System working as intended.

/s

I've been hearing about this issue a lot since the MCC thing, it's a wonder MS hasn't done anything about it considering online is supposed to be 'their' thing in the console space.

Maybe you're just too shit to get reported?

Gamezone

Gold Member

I am a bit concerned.

So how do you fix this? People only use such systems when they want to troll or complain against other players.

JesseZao

The logic for their rep system has always been broken. The 360 rep system said it counted no feedback as good feedback, but the rep only moved in one direction (down) when people complained about you.

The official word says that online interactions with no reports/blocks will counteract the ones where you're given negative feedback. Could these results be caused from people NOT playing online much, then jumping into an online game where people are report-happy?

All I have been playin over the last 5 or so months is DmC:DE and DMC4:SE

Like this. If the majority of your Gears matches have people that are reporting you, and you have no other recent online interactions, could that throw things out of whack?

oldergamer

It's an SDF ploy. Don't fall for it! Lol. People give bad rep for no reason in sports games. It's a little strange to see a drastic change in a short time.

vazel

Banned
Self-policing systems are ripe for abuse. Valve already tried something similar in L4D2 on PC with the block feature where anyone you add to your block list can't join the same server as you. Me and a friend often have trouble joining each other's games because someone on the server has one of us on their block list for 'cheating' or pub stomping.

shoreu

I have 3 reports but my record says it's perfect.
Lol i think i deserve one of them because i sent a recording of a 130 hit ultra combo to a guy who tea bagged me and talked shit in KI captioned "you left this".

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This happened to me with Super Street Fighter 4 on the 360 but On that system, rep literally meant nothing and I could still get matches. Dumb that Microsoft would give trolls that much power.

ElRenoRaven

Doesn't shock me. The whole rep system is stupid and for the very reason you can game the system and screw people. Sure it didn't affect back then but I remember on the 360 I had never had any bad rep until the Halo 3 Beta. Got into that and all was fine till they opened it to those with Crackdown 3. Within 24 hours I got several false reports of Cheating, trash talking (wasn't using a headset), etc. People are just childish as hell and can't take being beaten. Hence they leave false feedback hoping to screw you over.

This is more then gaming anymore though. I find people in general are becoming just major assholes. We've gone from respectful, friendly people to fuck you it's all about me. You're scum if I hate you. Then you can just forget about someone being polite. Oh you're in that lane let me just pull over into you, ride your ass, etc. Oh hold the elevator. Fuck you. Oh you would like me to hold the door open for you? Yea fuck off. Oh you were waiting for that space? BWAHAHAHAHA. I don't care that I almost hit that little old lady tring to get into it ahead of you. Oh while I'm at it I'm going to let my kids run wild, throw shit everywhere, and just be an annoying pest. That's if I bother to take them out of my car though cause you know dealing with kids are so annoying.

I haven't even touched on Facebook and Twitter and online. There it's perfectly normal for people to threaten to rape & kill you and/or your family just because you either said something they didn't like, changed something they liked, or made something they didn't like.

Didn't mean to rant and go off topic. I really didn't. Just so sick of people being so vile and hateful anymore. I miss when we could all just get along. I feel for you OP.

naitosan

Never knew you can check your reputation at enforcement.xbox.com. I just looked at mine and it said I have a perfect record. Hmm nice I guess.

Sorry to hear about OP and others having this problem. :/ Hopefully MS will find better way to reduce this soon.

terrible

Banned
I guess I'm glad I don't play online much on my Xbox One. On the 360 I think my avoid rate was something like 80%. "Trash talk" was one of the top things listed which I always found interesting considering I was always in a party and I never replied to hate messages sent my way.

On PS4 (Battlefield specifically) I get a lot of people messaging me saying I'm cheating and they've reported me. Nothing has come of it obviously. People just get really mad when they lose.

Putting a system in place where angry people can essentially get you banned from matchmaking is really dumb. What was Microsoft thinking?

Syriel

I have reformed my cheating ways and have bounced back as a good player this month because of it. System working as intended.

/s

I'm not sure how accurate that enforcement site is as it says I'm currently banned (I'm not).

Because of the ban message I can't check any of the rep stats for the account.

Could it rely on the amount of times people quit a running match? 343i implented this in the MCC, so people who are quitting more than using start to get bad rep. Maybe it's the same in gears?

@Akai: lol, guess you never saw gameinformers of RULs watermark

Akai__

Could it rely on the amount of times people quit a running match? 343i implented this in the MCC, so people who are quitting more than using start to get bad rep. Maybe it's the same in gears?

@Akai: lol, guess you never saw gameinformers of RULs watermark

Have you even considered that this is a bigger issue and that maybe other Forums (Gears Forums, Reddit, Xbox Forums as well as this forum) have multiple threads about the same issue or are you still continuing the victim blaming thing here, because of your history with Jumper?

Oh and don't worry about the watermarks. I think they are all equally obnoxius and there shouldn't be a 3rd party watermark on official screens. However, your site puts watermarks over watermarks, which is just pathetic. Thanks for being concerned, though.

fedexpeon

Banned
What is the point of this rep system?
The chance that you are playing with a cheater is so slim that there is no point in having this pointless system in place.
Beside, even if you are playing with a cheater just leave since your spot will be filled out with another player that will suffer in your spot for team balance...or FPS MP doesn't work like this anymore?

I don't know, I guess MP is too complex nowadays.
One bad person can ruin a whole match but the majority suffer for it due to bad stats on a rep system.
I am also fine with quitters as well since ruining a 15mins match is better than getting bad rep and unable to play at all.
A lot of MP has %leave, but they must reach a certain % so the chance that a quitter will ruin your "day" is also slim since they probably play over 1k+ matches with a small % leave rate.
And beside...Quitters that leave during your 5-10mins match will not ruin your MP experience anyway, unless you have a bitterness and frustrated attitude/personality over minor issue.
Just play or leave like them, there are thousands of matches to play.

Interesting... ive searched around a bit and it seems like im not the only one getting this... The Gears of War forums are full of reports from players getting a bad rep...

Xbox.com forums getting more reports too...

I hope this gets more attention soon by Microsoft.

it is

how come there are multiple threads on this?
anyway see here for info, and what to do

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3ixriu/got_issues_with_the_reputation_system_stuck_in/

reddit Xbox one
Hello Xbox fans.

We have noticed a recent influx of threads dealing with issues being suffered by the reputation system. The biggest complaint we are hearing, is good players are being falsely reported, and loosing rep unfairly.

So, instead of having 200 threads about it, we have decided to create a megathread dealing with the issue. This gives everyone a place to read up on the experiences of others with this problem, and to get help.
Microsoft is aware of this issue.

Top Bottom