• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III release date for Japan confirmed: March 24th 2016

raven777

55F3BD4947608B0013

55F3BDF14C23AB0005

Dark Souls III will release on March 24th, 2016 in Japan.

They will announce the release date for the PC version and dates outside Japan on later date.

There will also be a network test for PS4 version on October 16,17,18.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030528/20150911111/

raven777

If the US gets a March release date then March is the greatest month of 2016!

Both Dark Souls II and Bloodborne released 2 days earlier in the US (because US release games on Tuesday, while Japan release games on Thursday) so I wouldn't be surprised if the US date is March 22.

Christ!
Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3?! My favorite franchise vs the franchise I just became a fan of!!!
Within the same week? FUUUUUUUUUU
DS3 Collector's Edition better be crappy, otherwise Deus Ex or Mirror's Edege will get drop from my list.
Dishonored 2 better get delayed because if that shit releases on March then that's the end of me, at least Deus Ex is a few weeks behind.

Walpurgis

Banned
I am conflicted. On one hand, I am tempted to preorder to avoid the ugly ass standard boxart (I messed up on Dark Souls 1) but on the other, I can't afford this and Uncharted 4 so close together (and Uncharted 4 looks better). I'm sure Bandai will make it easy for me and will charge $20 for a non-ugly boxart like Sony did with the Bloodborne steelbook.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I have super high hopes and I'm unreal excited... But honestly I think this is a little soon. I was honestly expecting them to delay it a few months , hmm

silva1991

Dark Souls 3 and UN4 at the same month wow. the month of gotys. and SFV probably pretty close damn.

now just announce TLG for Jan/February lol.

Walpurgis

Banned
Hmmm.... I guess the boxart isn't nearly as ugly as Dark Souls 1 but it's no Demon's Souls or Dark Souls II. That steelbook is looking nice though...

Persona7

Banned
I have super high hopes and I'm unreal excited... But honestly I think this is a little soon. I was honestly expecting them to delay it a few months , hmm

Why? When it comes out the last souls game will be two years old. Seems just right.

Don't think so, I bought my Bloodborne first-press limited edition for the same price as regular (about $60).

In North America we had the choice of the regular game without anything extra for $59.99 or the collectors edition for $79.99 that came with a steelbook, digital soundtrack and art book.

Compare that with this, which was a free limited time upgrade available at launch.

Same with Dark Souls II, this upgrade was free if you pre-ordered or even managed to get a first shipment copy.

Demon's Souls also had artbook and soundtrack included for retail price and 10 dollars more got you a deluxe edition with a game guide and everything else.

Jigorath

Banned
I've complained about annualized franchises before but... for Souls games I don't care. Give me a new one every year and I'll be there day one.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Why? When it comes out the last souls game will be two years old. Seems just right.

In
Compare that with this, which was a free limited time upgrade available at launch.

Same with Dark Souls II, this upgrade was free if you pre-ordered or even managed to get a first shipment copy.

Demon's Souls also had artbook and soundtrack included for retail price and 10 dollars more got you a deluxe edition with a game guide and everything else.

I've played it ::shrug::

I'm not super worried, I love all their games, but still It felt like it had more to go

Dahaka

Please launch the PC version later for some 144hZ Gsynced Pascal 16GB VRAM octacore enhanced 4K goodneZzZ which I can stream all ovey my house and into my neighbors garden, projecting it even high upon the sky.

Top Bottom